Clear all

NBA Betting News and Notes Tuesday, October 25th, 2016

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NBA betting trends, odds and predictions for Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 from various handicappers and websites.

Posted : October 24, 2016 1:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NBA Knowledge

Cavaliers are getting their rings while the Indians open the World Series nearby at the same time. Knicks lost their last six games with Cleveland but covered five of last seven series games, including their last four visits here. Last seven series games stayed under the total.

Portland won three of its last four games with Utah; over is 7-2 in last nine series games. Jazz lost four of last five visits here (3-2 vs spread).

Warriors won four of last six games with San Antonio; under is 7-2 in last nine series games. Home side won five of last six series games; Spurs lost their last three visits to Oakland, by 11-30-11 points.

Armadillosports.com

Posted : October 24, 2016 1:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Inside the Paint - Tuesday
By Chris David
VegasInsider.com

The 2016-17 NBA regular season tips off Tuesday with a solid three-game slate and follows with 10 more games on Wednesday. Like all sports, I often suggest that you should tread lightly until you have a better pulse on each club and if you’re betting the NBA for profits and not entertainment, then make sure you follow it daily.

Our stable of handicappers have offered up their top Win Total wagers for the upcoming season and they also provided a championship prediction too.

Most pundits are expecting Golden State and Cleveland to meet in the NBA Finals for the third consecutive season. While it’s tough to argue against that matchup, be aware that the same teams have never met in the finals three straight years and I believe we’ll see at least one different team next summer.

Who’s the newbie CD?

I’m not big on future predictions but I like this Indiana team. It’s got a great blend of veterans in the backcourt plus the frontcourt is super athletic and center Myles Turner has a lot of potential. As of Monday, the Pacers were 30/1 to win the Eastern Conference and 100/1 to take home the NBA Finals at the Las Vegas Westgate SuperBook.

Before you start placing wagers on the NBA season, I’d suggest you get familiar with the latest depth charts for the upcoming season. Two sites that have helped me are listed below and should be able to answer all of your roster needs.

www.rosterresource.com

www.realgm.com

Here’s to a great season and listed below is my quick handicap for Tuesday’s card.

New York at Cleveland

The Cavaliers opened as 9½-point home favorites over the Knicks and even though New York retooled its roster, the number seems fair. Cleveland swept the season series last season but the Knicks managed to cover three of the four losses and the margins at Quicken Loans Arena came by 10 and seven points.

Oddsmakers sent out a total of 203 and it’s up to 204½ as of Tuesday morning. Cleveland averaged 107.5 points per game at home last season and I’d expect that production to continue but nobody knows what the new-look Knicks will bring to the table. The ‘under’ has gone 7-0 in the last seven meetings between the pair and Cleveland was the only team to eclipse the century mark during this span, doing so just twice.

For what it’s worth, the Cavs have dropped their regular season openers the last two years which includes a 95-90 loss to the Knicks in the 2014 campaign. Meanwhile, New York has won four of its last five openers.

Utah at Portland

The Jazz are receiving a ton of respect this season, especially for a team that doesn’t boast any All-Stars and hasn’t made the playoffs in four seasons. Utah does play great defense (95.9 PPG) and they’re always a tough out in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately for them, they open the season with eight of their first 11 games on the road and their best player, Gordon Hayward, is expected be ‘out’ for a bit. Plus, power forward Derrick Favors (knee) is ‘questionable’ for the opener.

Portland went 3-1 both straight up and against the spread versus Utah last season and three of the four outcomes were decided by double digits. The lone loss took place at Salt Lake on New Year’s Eve and the Trail Blazers didn’t have point guard Damian Lillard in the lineup.

The Blazers are listed as 5½-point home favorites while the total is 193½. Utah is known for its slower pace and the totals last season ranged from 188 to 196½ in their four encounters. Despite the low numbers, the pair went ‘over’ in three of the four games.

Utah has dropped its last three opening night games while Portland has captured victories in its openers each of the last two seasons at the Moda Center and those wins came by 18 and 17 points against worthy foes in the Pelicans and Thunder respectively.

San Antonio at Golden State

The nightcap from Oracle Arena will be a fun game to watch as both contenders try to figure out their rotations and chemistry. Golden State opened as an 8½-point home favorite and the number has jumped up to 9½ at a couple books as of this morning.

The number seems high considering the opponent but Golden State has been a beast at home, especially when the number is less than 10. The club went 19-3 SU and 15-7 ATS in this role and all three of the losses came in the playoffs to the Thunder and Cavaliers twice. The ‘under’ went 14-7-1 over this span.

The Warriors captured three of four from the Spurs last season and the two wins in the Bay Area came by 30 and 11 points. The ‘under’ went 3-1.

Going back to the 2012 season, Golden State has won and covered its last four opening games while winning the last three by double digits (31, 18, 16). The Spurs have also been a solid opening night wager, going 4-1 (2-3 ATS) the last five seasons with the one loss coming at Oklahoma City last season.

Posted : October 25, 2016 10:33 am
Share: