1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NBA Playoffs Picks & Predictions for Sunday, April 17, 2011
By Nate Steele

Bet Knicks vs. Celtics Odds

(The Spread) – The Boston Celtics did not end the regular season in strong fashion. Can they rebound in the NBA Playoffs, starting Sunday night when they host the New York Knicks in Game 1?

View Current NBA Basketball Betting Odds

Oddsmakers from online spots book SBGGLOBAL.com have made the Celtics 6-point favorites over the Knicks, while the over/under total for this game is currently 197 points.

Boston completed its season with a 56-26 record and won 112-102 over New York at home in its final regular season game. The Knicks completed the year at 42-42.

According to the latest NBA trends, Boston is 6-6 against the spread versus New York over the last three seasons. New York is 46-34 ATS in all games this season, while Boston is 28-37 ATS as a favorite this season. New York is 26-11 ATS as an underdog this season.

NBA Free Pick: The Boston Celtics are playoff proven and despite everyone making a huge deal over the trading away of Kendrick Perkins, the fact is his loss will hurt them very little in this series. Perkins was not the kind of defender that is necessary to guard Knicks post man A'mare Stoudemire. Overall, the Celtics still finished the season allowing the fewest points per game in the league and assuredly will cause some frustrating moments to the Knicks especially in the environment that the Boston fans will create. Maybe New York can salvage an away split in Game 2 although I doubt it, but I think Carmelo Anthony and company will be in over their heads in this one. I am taking the experience on the Celtics and going with them as a 6-point favorite.

SUNDAY NBA FREE PICK: BOSTON CELTICS -6

Bet Knicks vs. Celtics Odds

Posted : April 17, 2011 11:00 am
Share: