Clear all

NCAAB Betting News and Notes Tuesday, March 21st, 2017

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NCAAB betting trends, odds and predictions for Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : March 21, 2017 10:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NCAAB Knowledge

ACC teams are 5-15 vs spread this postseason, 1-4 as underdogs; Georgia Tech lost by 23 at Tennessee, by 17 at home to Georgia in its two SEC games. Tech lost its last seven true road games; their last true road win was Jan 15 at NC State. Ole Miss just won road games at Monmouth/Syracuse to get here; Rebels lost by 5 at Va Tech, won by 5 at Syracuse in their two games vs ACC teams. Ole Miss is 10-4 in its last fourteen games overall. SEC teams are 8-5 vs spread this postseason, 3-4 when favored.

TCU won four of its last five games; they won last game in OT at Iowa- that was their first road win since Feb 1 (1-4). Horned Frogs lost three of last four home games; they’re 13-1 outside the Big X this season. Richmond won seven of last eight games; three of those wins were on road. Spiders lost by 7 at home to Big X’s Texas Tech back in December. Big X teams are 9-4 vs spread this postseason, 7-2 when favored. A-14 teams are 4-5 vs spread in postseason, 3-1 as an underdog.

Armadillosports.com

Posted : March 21, 2017 10:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave's CBB Tuesday
By Dave Essler

G-Tech/Ole Miss: The Rebels won at Monmouth (much to my chagrin) and then beat Syracuse on the road, so one would instinctively expect them to beat Tech, now that they're at home - and make their way to New York. Tech beat Indiana and Belmont at home, so one could also reasonably conclude they'll now lose on the road. I guess that's why they're +5.5 point dogs, especially when you look at their last regular season game when they lost at Syracuse by 29. If only they were all that simple. Ole Miss hasn't lost at home since January 28th when Baylor beat them by three. Tech hasn't won on the road since they beat NC State on January 15th, their only road win of the season. If only they were that simple. Tech's got a big length advantage, Ole Miss lives at the line. Tech's great interior defense may well keep them in it early, but their relatively short bench may be an issue in the 2H if Ole Miss dictates the pace, so Tech 1H and Ole Miss for the game.

Richmond/TCU: I've been anti-Spiders, more specifically anti-Mooney, for years. That's been especially true in the 2H and down the stretch late in games. However, this post-season that's not been the case. Three of their five losses in the A-1o were to VCU, a team with experience that scores inside, not unlike TCU. The Horned Frogs W/L record might be deceptive, in part because of playing in the Big 12, and if you look at their home games they've been "in" every single one of them. TCU is significantly bigger and given Richmond's relatively soft interior defense, TCU ought to be able to score. Richmond's bench is very thin - and they're a terrible rebounding team, so taking them might be a stretch. I guess that's why there's a point spread. Neither team has much (any) post season experience, so all things being equal I'd have to give the edge to Jamie Dixon, at home. I think Richmond might hang for the 1H, especially since TCU used a ton or energy to beat Iowa in OT on the road two days ago - but ultimately I can't lay -7.5 points.

Posted : March 21, 2017 11:47 am
Share: