59 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JACK JONES

Jack’s Free Pick Friday: Blazers/Kings UNDER 208

The Portland Trail Blazers needed overtime to beat Charlotte 109-103 last night at home. They won’t have a whole lot left in the tank for the Kings tonight. I think that will help slow the pace down and keep this game well UNDER the 208-point total.

The recent head-to-head history shows there’s a ton of value with the UNDER, too. The UNDER is 3-0 in the last three meetings with combined scores of 192, 168 and 191 points, respectively. The UNDER is also 7-2 in the last nine meetings, and 25-8 in the last 33 meetings dating back further.

The Kings are one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA, averaging just 98.4 points per game this season. They got worse offensively at the deadline by trading away veteran point guard George Hill to Cleveland. And they’re without Skal Labissiere and Garrett Temple tonight, and they could be without De’Aaron Fox, too.

Portland is 9-1 UNDER as a road favorite this season. The UNDER is 5-1 in Blazers last six road games. The UNDER is 25-10 in Blazers last 35 vs. a team with a losing record. The UNDER is 5-1 in Kings last six games when playing on 3 or more days’ rest. The UNDER is 19-7 in Kings last 26 vs. a team with a winning record. Bet the UNDER in this game Friday.

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:43 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

TONY KARPINSKI
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Bucks vs. Heat
Bucks+1½

The Heat are in the bottom of the league for points, assists and rebounds and the Bucks have some major value as the underdog. The Bucks are on a 9-4 ATS run in this series and have covered five of their last six following a straight-up win.Milwaukee has been playing some good ball with their new Head Coach winning 7 of their last 8 games by an average of 12 ppg.

PREDICTION: MILW BUCKS WIN 103-91

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:44 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JIMMY BOYD
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Pacers vs. Celtics
Free Pick on Celtics -

I think the perception here will be that this is a spot to go against the Celtics, who will be playing in the 2nd game of a back-to-back after last night's overtime game in Washington. While it's not an ideal spot, I don't think it will keep Boston from winning and covering at home against the Pacers on Friday.

The Celtics have owned Indiana, winning each of the last 6 meetings in the series, including both games at Indiana earlier this season. Another thing here is I think we could see the Pacers come out a bit flat after a long 3-day layoff due to Wednesday's game against the Pelicans getting postponed. I also have big concerns with Indiana and the injury to starting point guard Darren Collison. I think it's especially a big loss against an elite defensive team like the Celtics, who are giving up just 98.0 ppg and holding teams to 42.9% shooting.

Indiana is just 4-13 ATS in their last 17 road games when they come in having failed to cover 3 of their last 4 and are a mere 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs a team with a winning record. Take Boston!

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:44 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHIP CHIRIMBES

Indiana at Boston 7:30 ET

Pacers (+) over Celtics

Boston continues to roll and are now 7-1 ATS in their last eight contests and are 4-1 ATS in their last five meetings with the Pacers. Indiana who has had a weeks rest because their game Wednesday in New Orleans was postponed because of a leaky roof at the Smoothie Center. The Celtics who made no moves at the trading deadline have won five straight against Pacers and are 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings. Victor Oladipo miss the last Pacers game Monday due to flu be will be ready tonight. Take INDIANA!

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:45 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

R&R TOTALS

R&R Totals FREE NHL Over-Under Friday 2-9-18

UNDER 5 1/2 St Louis/Winnipeg

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:45 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach

NHL Game #7 Friday Free Pick Vancouver Canucks Money Line (+) @ Carolina Hurricanes @ 7:35 ET

The Hurricanes opened up as the biggest favorite on the board at a price of -170. The odds makers knew they were "pushing it" even at that price and I agree. Yet the markets are jumping all over a Carolina team that has lost 3 straight games and has averaged scoring only 1.4 goals per game in their last 5 games. This has pushed the line this morning on the Canes all the way up to as high as a -220 in some spots. Don't get me wrong, I know Vancouver has had their own issues this season but if I can get a payback of nearly 2 to 1 odds and go against an over-priced favorite that has been held to 2 goals or less in 8 of their last 10 games, I am going to take it! Keep in mind the Hurricanes have lost 7 of their last 9 home games! As for the Canucks, they have lost 3 straight games but they previously had won 5 of their last 8. The point is that Vancouver has been competitive over the past 4 weeks and I love taking a shot with a big dog that certainly has, at worst, at least a fighting chance in this match-up! The Canucks have averaged scoring 2.7 goals per game in their last 7 games. Couple that with the the Canes scoring woes and this is going to be a dogfight! Vancouver has won 3 of 5 this season when playing the 2nd night of a back to back. The Canucks also have won 3 of 4 Friday games this season! The Hurricanes have lost 10 of 14 when off of a divisional game and 9 of 13 when playing with 2 days of rest between games. Carolina has also lost 4 of 5 this season when they have played each of their 3 prior games at home and the Canes have lost 5 of 6 this season when they are on an under streak of 3 or more games. Free Pick VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:46 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

DUSTIN HAWKINS
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Pacers vs. Celtics
Free Play on Pacers +4½ -108

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:46 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRANDON LEE
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Cavs vs. Hawks
10* FREE NBA PICK (Hawks +1.5)

The perception is that the Cavs are a better team after a major overhaul of their roster right before the trade deadline. I'm one of those that believe Cleveland will be a better team come the postseason than they would have had they not made the moves.

However, all those moves has left the Cavs extremely short-handed as all the guys the acquired (Hill, Hood, Clarkson and Nance Jr.) are doubtful to play tonight as it takes time for guys to clear the physical. They basically have Jeff Green, Tristan Thompson, LeBron, Kyle Korver, J.R. Smith and Jose Calderon available.

As bad as Atlanta has been, the Hawks should be able to win this game, as their bench should dominate. I also think Cleveland will have a hard time not looking ahead to Sunday's big game at Boston. There's a reason the Cavs are such an enticing bet here. Give me the Hawks +1.5!

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:47 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

DENNIS MACKLIN

DMack's Free Play for Friday, February 9, 2018 is on the Indiana Hoosiers

Both teams are having seasons to forget, the Gophers thanks to injuries, the Hoosiers in a rebuild but showing some "buy" signs with some good young kids. Minnesota has lost six straight and is just 1-5 on the Big Ten road. The Gophers lost their last three trips to this floor by 7-19-6 against less than vintage Indiana teams. The Hoosiers are 11-7 L18 as home faves this year and face a team that is 13-21 L34 as a road dog. Indiana won the first round 75-71 in Minnesota despite being down eight mid-way through the second half. Hoosiers cruise here.

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:47 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRYAN LEONARD
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Cavs vs. Hawks
Hawks+2

First game together for the new look Cavs and at this point it's more important to get to know each other than winning games. Cleveland knows if this all works out it can beat anyone in the Eastern Conference regardless of who has home court advantage.

Despite its record the Hawks are a hungry squad playing at home in a rare environment of a likely sellout crowd.

PLAY ATLANTA

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:48 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

TEDDY COVERS
NBA | Feb 09, 2018
Clippers vs. Pistons
Take Detroit (#804)

Teddy delivered the 2-0 sweep for himself & his clients last night. Expect more winning action on Friday, with two more ROCK SOLID winners on tap tonight! Cash in with Teddy's 'Live Dog' Report in the NBA and his ESPN2 'Watch & Win' as #18 Rhode Island battles Davidson.

The Pistons have won five straight since snapping their eight game losing streak, the last four of which have come with Blake Griffin on the court for Detroit. The numbers with Griffin and fellow low post stud Andre Drummond on the court together have been remarkable; jelling immediately as a duo.

In 84 court minutes together through four games, Detroit has averaged 112.6 points per 100 possessions on offense while allowing only 88.2 PP/100 on defense. That results in a remarkable net of +24.4 PP/100 with that duo on the floor. Throw in a 54.9% in percentage of available rebounds Detroit has snagged with the Griffin/Drummond duo on the floor and all of a sudden Stan Van Gundy’s squad has the look of a legitimate contender.

These quotes from the Pistons locker room really stand out. Drummond: “It can only get better from here. With (Griffin’s) addition it’s just been a lot of fun. He’s able to handle the ball; he’s a great playmaker. He’s doing a great job of adjusting right now.”

Van Gundy, following last Saturday’s win against the Heat: “'I've got to get it figured out offensively. I'm not helping him or us a lot. You could actually see today in the early fourth quarter, we were actually a lot smoother when he was out because we were just playing. I've got this great player now, and so we're just sort of playing to him all the time, and the defense is all loaded up.''

Detroit made another deal prior to the trading deadline that should help as well; picking up veteran point guard Jameer Nelson. It’s surely worth noting that Nelson took the Orlando Magic to the Finals under Stan Van Gundy earlier in his career, a coach and a backup point guard that have chemistry together. Given the Pistons struggles at the point since Reggie Jackson got hurt, this relatively minor deal has the potential to have a major impact for Detroit’s struggling second unit.

The Clippers won a pair of games at home following the Griffin deal, knocking off the lowly Bulls and Mavs. Doc Rivers is trying to put a good spin on this tough road trip, heading into the All Star Break: “I actually think it's good we're going on the road. We'll find out a lot about ourselves. It gives us a chance to kind of grow together, bond together. And we have three days to prepare for it. So I think that's all good for us." Sounds like ‘coach-speak’ to this bettor! Take the Pistons.

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:48 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

INFO PLAYS

1* Free Play on Davidson vs Rhode Island under 144½ -105

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:49 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Free Silver Key Pick for Friday NCAA Basketball

Over 138 Total Points, Pennsylvania at DARTMOUTH (7 et)

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:49 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

RICH GREEN

Free Top Consensus Pick For Friday NBA Basketball

Under 208.5 Total Points, Portland at SACRAMENTO (10:35 et)

Posted : February 9, 2018 2:50 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: