Posted : March 2, 2018 1:00 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Doug Upstone
Mar 02 '18, 6:00 PM in 6h
NCAA-B | Eastern Michigan vs Toledo
Play on: Eastern Michigan +5½ -108 at 5Dimes

On Friday night in the MAC, Play Against home teams as a favorite like TOLEDO, after scoring 80 points or more in a win over a conference rival, against opponent off an upset win by 10 points or more as a road underdog. In the past 20 years, this rare situation is a remarkable 22-3 ATS, 88 percent.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
Mar 02 '18, 9:00 PM in 9h
NCAA-B | Iowa State vs Oklahoma
Play on: Iowa State +10 -110 at BMaker

I'm taking the points with Iowa State on Friday night. We went against Oklahoma last time out and cashed an easy one with Baylor. It's senior night in Norman, but man has this team hit the skids. OU is in danger of not making the Big Dance after starting the season 14-2. We noticed a while back that a few Sooner players were standing around watching Trae Young operate. It finally caught up with them. And while we have nothing but respect for Lon Kruger and his coaching accomplishments, some made solid arguments, questioning if Kruger lost this team. Yes, Iowa State is in a rebuilding year and yes, the Sooners have revenge on their minds after losing 88-80 in Ames on February 10. But while OU may gain a measure of revenge, the price is awfully expensive. The Sooners have cashed just three of their last 16 games and they're on a 1-8 ATS slide in conference play. Iowa State is no great shakes right now, but they don't have to win and they're getting a fair amount of points. We're recommending a play on Iowa State plus the points on Friday night. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stephen Nover
Mar 02 '18, 10:05 PM in 10h
NHL | Senators vs Golden Knights
Play on: Golden Knights -1½ +111 at pinnacle

Look for the Golden Knights to take out their frustration of losing three of their past five games, including back-to-back games against the Kings, on the hapless Senators. Rather than lay a monster price, I'll take a plus price believing Las Vegas wins this game by more than one goal. Forget the Golden Knights being an expansion team. The reality is they actually are a serious Stanley Cup contender with a strong home ice advantage as evidenced by a 24-6-2 mark at T-Mobile Arena. The distractions of playing in Las Vegas have been a nice edge for the Golden Knights. Ottawa has lost its last six road games. The Senators are one of the worst teams in the league this season. They have been particularly bad versus Western Conference teams losing 12 of the last 15 times to them. Las Vegas isn't going to take them lightly with a five-game road trip looming beginning Sunday. Las Vegas is the No. 2 scoring team in the NHL. Ottawa gives up the most goals per game. Even if the Senators manage to hang in until the final minute - which I doubt - the Golden Knights would be live to score an empty net goal. Las Vegas has won each of its last six games by more than one goal.

Posted : March 2, 2018 1:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Mar 02 '18, 2:30 PM in 2h
NCAA-B | Michigan vs Nebraska
Play on: Nebraska +4½ -115 at betonline

10* FREE NCAAB PICK (Nebraska +4.5)

I'll take my chances here with the Cornhuskers as a decently priced dog against the Wolverines in Friday's Big Ten quarterfinal action. Despite a 22-9 overall record and 13-5 mark in Big Ten play, Nebraska continues to get no respect from the public or the oddsmakers. I believe it has them way undervalued here against Michigan, who they destroyed in the only meeting during the regular-season 72-52.

This game also means so much more to the Cornhuskers than it does the Wolverines. Nebraska is still on the outside looking in for an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament and likely need a win here just to get into the conversation. Michigan on the other hand is in the Big Dance no mater if they win or lose this game.

I also like the rest edge that the Cornhuskers have here. Nebraska earned a double-bye, while Michigan only got a first round bye and had to play yesterday against Iowa. Michigan was far from impressive in their victory over the Hawkeyes and could have easily lost that game. I look for Nebraska to take care of business here and win this game outright, but I'll gladly take the points for some added insurance. Give me the Cornhuskers +4.5!

Posted : March 2, 2018 1:02 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Art Aronson
Mar 02 '18, 7:35 PM in 7h
NHL | Devils vs Hurricanes
Play on: UNDER 6 -125

This is a 1* Free Play on the UNDER between the New Jersey Devils and the Carolina Hurricanes.

We think this sets up as a “defensive battle.” New Jersey will be looking to wipe the stink out of its mouth after last night’s 3-2 loss at Florida. Still, the Devils come in having won seven of their last ten. Carolina will be looking to build off its 4-1 in Philadelphia last night and to avenge a 3-2 OT loss to Devils in mid February. Note that New Jersey has already seen the total go UNDER the number in seven of its last ten against clubs with losing records, while the Hurricanes have seen the total go UNDER in 12 of 18 already this season after scoring four goals or more in their previous outing. Both teams come in with “heavy legs” after playing last night, which we believe will help contribute to this one staying below the posted number once the final horn blares. Consider the UNDER.

AAA Sports

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dennis Macklin
Mar 02 '18, 7:00 PM in 7h
NCAA-B | Texas-Arlington vs Texas State
Play on: Texas-Arlington -3½ -105 at 5Dimes

DMack's Free Play for Friday, March 2, 2018 is on the Texas-Arlington Mavericks

At 18-12, the Mavs have to be considered one of the major disappointments of college basketball this year. All five starters returned from a very good team last year and all five of those starters were seniors. Add to the mix that UTA's first two off the pine were also seniors and you can see why this was pretty much an all-in year for the program. The Mavs will be on their best here as Texas State has not been the prettiest matchup for UTA. The Bobcats beat the UTA in last year's conference tourney and this year the Mavs escaped 70-68 (-7.5) at home February 10th. It's senior night and can't see how the Mavs will be out for anything less than a beat down. UT-Arlington by 16.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Free play comes from the Mid-American Conference, as I like the Kent State Golden Flashes, who are 15-15 overall and 9-8 in conference play. The Golden Flashes are attempting to sweep the season series with the Zips for the first time since 2010, as this is one of the most intense rivalries in the MAC.

I like the underdog.

Kent State has a chance at a top-four seed and a MAC Tournament first round bye. The Golden Flashes has to beat Akron, while Ball State must lose on the road to Northern Illinois for Kent State to have a possibility at a bye. It also depends on how Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan finish.

So while a lot of other things must happen for Kent State to get that top-four seed, the Golden Flashes has to do their part. And it start with a win tonight.

The Flashes are coming off a thrilling 90-83 overtime win over Miami at home, had five players in double-figures for the second consecutive game and will most certainly have the momentum carried into this one.

Take Kent State as my free play.

2* KENT STATE

Posted : March 2, 2018 2:24 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner is on the late card, as I like Dartmouth plus the money against Columbia, in Ivy League play.

We have a pair of underachieving teams, and while I understand the Lions have the better overall and conference records, Dartmouth has the hunger to pick up a win and save some face for the home crowd.

It's Senior Night, and Dartmouth has the opportunity to play the role of spoiler in the final weekend of the season, hosting the two teams tied for fourth in the Ivy League, Columbia and Cornell. Imagine if the Big Green can sweep, if for no other reason than to avoid losing 20 games in consecutive years.

Columbia pulled out a 77-74 victory in New York last month, but Dartmouth has gone 18-12 against Columbia in Leede Arena. And, the Lions are 1-12 on the road this season with 11 straight losses.

I'll take the home dog.

4* DARTMOUTH

Posted : March 2, 2018 2:25 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Tonight my free play is in basketball, where I am playing Cleveland State minus the small number against Youngstown State.

CSU split two games with the Penguins this year, but I clearly believe the Vikings are the better team.

Youngstown State allowed an average 85.8 points per game on the road, and over its last five, has given up an average of 83.2 ppg. either home or away. It's par for the course with the Penguins, who allowed an average of 84.3 points per contest on the year.

Cleveland State will take advantage of that defense, and explode offensively in the first round of the Horizon League tournament.

Take the Vikings.

5* CLEVELAND STATE

Posted : March 2, 2018 2:28 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Talk about a "trap line", tonight's game between Detroit and Orlando qualifies.

Here we have a Pistons team that has playoff aspirations, and are fresh off a home win over Milwaukee. They will be facing an Orlando team that has lost 7 in a row straight up, and the Pistons are only a -2 1/2 point road choice!?!?!

I say side with the Magic tonight at home, as they have won 4 of the last 5 series meetings versus the Pistons, and Orlando has covered in ALL 5 of those meetings!

The Pistons are on an 0-6 straight up slide their last 6 road games, and they are also on an 0-5 against the spread slide their last 5 Friday night contests.

As for the Magic, they not only have won 4 of the past 5 series meetings straight up against Detroit, but they do sport a 6-1 against the spread mark the last 7 games played after an against the spread setback.

It all sets up to be an Orlando win that gets them off of their 7 game slide.

Take the Magic plus the points.

2* ORLANDO

Posted : March 2, 2018 2:30 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Nellysports

1*
Oklahoma-10.5

Bobby dalton

15*mvc goy

Southern Illinois +2.5