Picks: Free Service Plays for Sunday, March 4, 2018

54 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JACK BRAYMAN

I won with the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday and the Cleveland State Vikings outright on Friday night. Yesterday my comp winner was on the Dayton Flyers, over the George Washington Colonials.

Let's make it four in a row with the Winnipeg Jets over the Carolina Hurricanes.

Don't look now, but the Jets are on the heels of the storybook Vegas Golden Knights for second place in the Western Conference, and just six points back of the Nashville Predators in the Central Division.

Winnipeg, which is 14-10-7 on the road this season, and this is an important game to gain momentum. The Jets are beginning a season-high six-game road trip tonight, and step to the ice with a 12-6-5 mark against the Eastern Conference this season. They're 6-3-2 against the Metropolitan Division.

Winnipeg has won seven of their last eight games against Eastern Conference teams, and it has a point in five consecutive road games (4-0-1).

One aspect I like about this team is its special team, as the Jets are 30-for-33 (91 percent) on the penalty kill in their last 10 games and have killed 14 consecutive shorthanded opportunities on the road. In those same 10 games, the Jets are 9-for-30 on the power play (30 percent).

Winnipeg is the play tonight, as it finds a way to win.

2* WINNIPEG

Posted : March 4, 2018 12:40 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHRIS JORDAN

Yesterday my 300♦ Winner was on Iona.

Today you're getting the Gaels for free.

The fourth-seeded Gaels probably had their hands more full yesterday, with the fifth-seeded Manhattan Jaspers, than they do tonight with ninth-seeded St. Peters. The Gaels are the defending champs, and they're looking to become just the third program to win three-straight MAAC Championships.

Led by a talented starting five, I believe Iona is going to make a run into the finals, and will be a threat.

Yesterday I warned you about Rickey McGill, saying he can explode for 30 or 40 on any given night. He scored 0 over 34 minutes, in yesterday's 72-60 win over Manhattan. Today he will be looking to produce.

I didn't even mention Zach Lewis, and he led the Gaels with 23.

I told you about E.J. Crawford, who contributes with 13.1, and was averaging 16.9 points per game over his last seven games, and he popped for 14. He has 21 double-digit efforts this season. And Schadrac Casimir, who averages 9.9, just put up a 30-spot on Manhattan in the home finale - added 18 for the Gaels.

I did tell you to watch out for Deyshonee Much off the bench, as he averages 11.5. He scored seven and eclipsed the 1,000-point plateau for his career.

Trust me, the balance with the Gaels is the key.

4* IONA

Posted : March 4, 2018 12:41 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Atlantic Sports

Sunday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Iona - 5

Posted : March 4, 2018 12:42 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

The Last Call