(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Mar 28 '18, 8:05 PM in 9h
NBA | Hawks vs Wolves
Play on: Wolves -12½ -110 at betonline

10* FREE NBA PICK (Timberwolves -12.5)

I'll take my chances here laying the big number with Minnesota at home against Atlanta on Wednesday. I know the Timberwolves just lost at home to the Grizzlies 93-101 as a 13-point favorite in their last game, but I actually think that works in our favor here, as we can bank on the very best Minnesota has to offer in this game. They simply can't afford to lose this contest if they want to make the playoffs, as they are now 8th in the standings, just 1.5-games ahead of the 9th place Clippers. Not only do I think we get a locked in Timberwolves team, but I also have a hard time seeing the Hawks being all that competitive. Atlanta is clearly in tank mode and are coming off games against the Warriors and Rockets, where they cam out and played hard. The even bigger key here is they won't have starting point guard Dennis Schroder or backup Malcolm Delaney. That leaves Isaiah Taylor and Josh Magette as their top two options at the point. This is also the 6th and final game of a 6-game road trip for Atlanta. Look for the Hawks to be more interested in the flight home than making a game of this against Minnesota. Give me the Timberwolves -12.5!

Posted : March 28, 2018 10:37 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

The big story out of the "Windy City" is Loyola-Chicago heading to San Antonio for the Final Four this Saturday, but Illinois-Chicago is ALSO still "dancing", as they play this semifinal meeting in Lynchburg, Virginia against the Flames of Liberty.

Both teams have won and covered both of their games in this CIT, but it is Illinois-Chicago that has had a few extra days of preparation, as they have been off since the 21st, while Liberty last played on the 24th.

Liberty has only seen 10 of their games this season sport an "official" number, and while they are 3-1 against the spread in their 4 lined home games, Illinois-Chicago can counter with a 10-6 against the spread mark on the road for the season.

The visiting Flames have a little more "octane" in their tank on offense (75.3 ppg) than the host Flames (69.4 ppg), and while Illinois of Chicago does allow 9 points per game more, they do grab more rebounds per game - at almost 5 per 40 minutes - so I think all things being equal there just isn't a 3 basket difference between the schools tonight.

I am sure the Chicago-based Flames also have a pretty big chip on their shoulders having to see the local news cover the Ramblers 24/7, so expect an "us vs. the world" mentality tonight, and expect a close game too.

Illinois-Chicago to cover.

4* ILLINOIS-CHICAGO

Posted : March 28, 2018 10:40 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: