3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Pennsylvania at Dartmouth
Prediction: Pennsylvania

Penn travels to Dartmouth in an Ivy League clash at Leede Arena Friday night knowing the Quakers are 16-3 SU and 12-6 ATS on this court, including 5-0 ATS when the Big Green is not off back-to-back wins. With Penn playing with double revenge from pair of losses in this series last year, look for the Quakers to win the green here tonight.

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

Yale vs. Cornell
Play: Yale +21.5

5* graded play on Yale as they take on Cornell in Ivy League action set to start at 7:00 EST. Our proprietary sports handicapping model and simulator shows a high probability that Yale will easily cover the generous 22 point spread. Just last week we nailed a winner with Cornell against Dartmouth laying a whopping 26 points and Cornell won easily 71-37. This, however, is not Dartmouth and Yale will be a far tougher opponent. We are not suggesting in any way that there could be a huge upset. We do believe that Cornell will get caught a bit complacent and Yale will be able to hang around the 10 point deficit throughout this game. Yale has won 4 of their last 6 SU. They are coming off a poor game where they shot just 35% and allowed 51% shooting in a loss to Princeton 58-45. Now, the tendency for all D-1 teams is that they play far above their season averages after posting a real poor game. After all, all of the teams have at least a few players who played at a high level in High School and maybe even leading their teams to State titles. Point is that these athletes have a tons of pride and will focus very hard after poor outings. That is how they got to this level in the first place, especially Ivy League players, who also worked very hard in the classroom. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 29-7 ATS for 81% winners since 2004. Play against home favorites of 10 or more points after having covered 4 of their last 5 against the spread and playing with 5 or 6 days rest. Take Yale.

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

1* on Suns/Kings OVER 221

Look for both the Suns and Kings to top the 110-point mark tonight. Phoenix has scored 104 or more points in 10 straight games, and have scored 109 or more points in nine of those ten contests. The Suns have allowed 101 or more points in 16 of their last 18 games. Sacramento has scored 109 and 113 points in their last two games, respectively, while allowing 112 and 115 points. The Suns are 25-11 OVER (+12.9 Units) after a win by 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons. Phoenix is 30-13 OVER (+15.7 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons. Take the OVER.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Info Plays

3* on Loyola-Maryland +5

Reasons why Loyola-MD covers:

1.) System Play. We'll Play On - A road team (LOYOLA-MD) - excellent defensive team (<=40%) against an average defensive team (42.5-45%) after 15+ games, average ball handling team (14.5-17.5 TO) vs. a poor pressure defense (<=14.5 TO) after 15+ games. This is a 77-37 ATS System hitting 67.5% since 1997. Loyola-MD is clearly the better defensive team in this match-up with Rider, thus they get the call. Bet Loyola-Maryland on the road.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

New Jersey Nets vs. Boston Celtics
Play Under 188½

Boston has picked up the defense with Kevin Garnett back, on a 7-3 run under the total. They've had to play better defense with Paul Pierce nursing a bad ankle. They face the worst offensive team in the NBA here in the Nets, a team averaging 90 points and 42% shooting, easily last in the league. They are on a 7-1 run under the total. In two meetings with the Celtics, the Nets have scored 76 and 87 points. Don't look for an offensive show; Play the Nets/Celtics Under the total.

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRAD DIAMOND SPORTS

Play on: Minnesota+ over Dallas

Common sense might dictate a DALLAS strong performance on Friday after a weak, but winning effort on Wednesday against the Warriors. However, after digging into the technical data, the T-Wolves board at 6-0 ATS in series. The road team has been super at 21-7 ATS. So, with the Mavs 1-10 ATS with one day of rest , I’ll grab a ticket with Minnesota.

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

Bulls vs. Hawks

When the Atlanta Hawks play in the friendly confines of Philips Arena their opponents rarely leave with a "W" in their pocket as the Hawks are (19-5) straight up and (17-7) ATS on their home court. With the Bulls coming into town for a nationally televised ESPN affair it should be noted that Atlanta is (5-1) straight up and (4-1) ATS against Chicago. Atlanta is just to tough at home and Big Game James Patrick's Friday NBA selection is Atlanta Hawks.

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

New Jersey at BOSTON -13

I'm tearing it up with my FREE selections, going 43-15-1 with my last 59 plays. Tonight I have a comp winner for you on the NBA hardwood, as I go ahead and lay the chalk with the Celtics hosting New Jersey.

Games between these two haven’t been real close lately, with Boston being favored by at least 6 ½ points in each of the last nine games and covering that number in six of the nine. I don’t see any reason why it will be any different today. Lay the big chalk and watch the Celtics win this by 20.

Back on January 13 they went to New Jersey and scored a 111-87 win as an eight-point favorite. Since then the Nets have proceeded to lose 9 of 10 overall (4-6 ATS). They lost in Toronto on Wednesday 108-99 and just got in under the 10 ½-point number.

Boston has looked a little better since their three-game losing streak that ended with Sunday’s one-point home loss to the Lakers. They have beaten the Wizards in Washington on Monday and then beat Miami in Boston on Wednesday, 107-102, but came up short as a 5 ½-point chalk. But they got big games from Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen who combined for 55 points, 17 assists and 13 rebounds. And Kevin Garnett had a solid all-around game with 14 points, nine assists and six boards. He isn’t scoring big numbers but he’s rounding back into game shape.

The Celtics are 8-3 ATS in the last 11 series meetings and 35-16-2 ATS in their last 53 Atlantic Division matchups. New Jersey is just 1-4 ATS as a road ‘dog and 1-4 ATS when they are a ‘dog of 11 points or more. Meaning when they are supposed to get blown out – they do!

Don’t usually lay chalk like this, but this is the exception as Boston wins this one by 20.

4♦ BOSTON

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

Chicago at ATLANTA -6'

USC used a 25-0 run midway through the game Thursday to edge California and give me another victory with my complimentary selection. That improved my record to 67-46-4 over the past 117 days, and I've got an NBA play today that's going to keep that winning percentage climbing!

The Hawks have been tough to bring down at home this season, going 20-5 SU and 17-8 ATS, and they destroyed Chicago in the first meeting in Atlanta between the teams this season, winning 118-83.

And now the Bulls come back to Atlanta today without forward Joakim Noah, the team's leader in field-goal percentage, rebounding, blocked shots and emotion, who has been shut down until after the All-Star break because of plantar fasciitis.

With Noah out of the picture, Hawks big men Al Horford and Josh Smith should be able to dominate in the paint. And Atlanta guard Joe Johnson (22 ppg) has had three of his six career 40-point games against Chicago.

The favorite is 17-8 against the spread in the last 25 meetings between the teams, and the Bulls are 1-4 ATS in the last five meetings. Take the Hawks to take command of this game by halftime and roll to a double-digit victory.

4♦ ATLANTA

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

Minnesota +9 at DALLAS

At 15-8 straight up at home this season, Dallas should definitely be able to get the win against a Minnesota team that is just 3-21 straight up away from home.

The problem comes when you ask the Mavericks to actually cover a number at home, as their home spread mark this season stands at a dismal 5-18 against the spread.

True, the Mavs have had their way with the T-Wolves of late, as they have won each and every one of the last 10 games contested, but it is the road team in this series that has gone 21-7 against the spread the last 28 times these teams have met, and with the Wolves having won their last pair of games straight up, and covered in 5 of their last 8 games overall, I get the feeling that Minnesota is going to stay inside of this impost.

Dirk is playing with an injured thumb, and I am thinking that could make a difference come crunch time in this game.

G-Man taking the Timberwolves plus the points on Friday!

2♦ MINNESOTA

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Barely misfired with Tennessee on Thursday, but I’m still 3-1 with my last four freebies. For Friday, I’ll shift to the NBA and take the do the unthinkable: Play the Nets over the Celtics.

I know it seems insane, especially since it was just three weeks ago that Boston went to New Jersey and rolled 111-87 as an eight-point favorite, without Kevin Garnett. But I’m more interested in what’s been going on lately, and lately the Nets have been playing, well, let’s just say competitive basketball. It stared with a 16-point win over the Clippers as a seven-point underdog last Wednesday, then continued with a two-point loss to the Wizards (covering as a 3 ½-point home underdog), a four-point loss to the 76ers (covering as a 5 ½-point home underdog), a four-point loss to the Pistons (coming up JUST short as a three-point home underdog) and a nine-point loss in Toronto on Wednesday (covering as a 10½-point underdog.

Now take a look at the Celtics (who will be playing their second straight game tonight without shooting guard Paul Pierce). Since whipping Orlando on Christmas Day to cap a three-game winning streak, they’re only 8-11 SU and 6-12-1 ATS, and they haven’t had a three-game win streak during this 19-game stretch. Furthermore, guess how many times the C’s have covered in their last seven on the home parquet: Zero (0-6-1 ATS – including FOUR outright losses!). Go back to the start of December, and the Celtics are 2-9-1 ATS in their last 12 home games. Take it back a little further and they’re 3-13 ATS in their last 16 as a home chalk!

Throw in the fact this is a major look-ahead situation for the Celtics – they host the Magic early on Sunday – and the Nets (yes the Nets!) at this huge plus look even more attractive.

5♦ NEW JERSEY NETS

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

On the NBA hardwood tonight for a free play on the Bucks as they visit the Big Apple for a showdown with the Knicks. Grab the points and play Milwaukee in this one.

The Bucks beat the Knicks 102-87 in their only matchup this season, cashing as a four-point home chalk. Milwaukee has cashed in four of the last five series clashes and they’ve won five of the last six SU. Last season the Bucks went into New York and scored a 105-81 blowout as a five-point pup. They are 5-2 ATS in the last seven meetings in New York and the underdog is 6-2 ATS in the last eight.

Milwaukee has won three of its last four overall and these guys have been money-makers, cashing in eight of their last nine contests. While these guys are young, they can play some defense, giving up just 92 points a game over their last five outings.

The Knicks play no defense and other than David Lee, their entire lineup is filled with inconsistent players.

Milwaukee is on ATS runs of 8-0 against Atlantic division teams, 4-1 as an underdog and 4-1 when the get two days off. New York is on ATS slides of 3-8 as a home favorite of up to 4 ½ points, 2-5 overall and 0-4 after a spread-cover.

Play the Bucks.

5♦ MILWAUKEE

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jay McNeil

Make it seven wins in my last eight free plays as Indiana hung tough at home against Purdue, just as I told you it would. And now I've got an NBA play that's going to net me today's winner!

The Suns are stepping up their game away from home, and are looking to complete a perfect four-game road trip tonight against the Kings, who have lost 15 of their last 17 games.

Phoenix is 2-0 against Sacramento this season and has won 14 of the teams' last 16 meetings.

The Kings are going to be missing a big contributor in the middle tonight as center Jason Thompson, Sacramento's second-leading scorer this season at 13.1 ppg, is expected to miss his second straight game because of a family funeral.

His absence should make it easier for Phoenix's Amare Stoudamire to continue to shine. The power forward is averaging 27 points and 13.3 rebounds over his last three games.

The Suns are 4-0 ATS in their last four games, and the Kings are on ATS slides of 4-11-1 overall, 1-6-1 at home, 4-9 as an underdog and 2-8 as a home 'dog. Take Phoenix to cover this spread easily tonight.

4♦ PHOENIX

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chuck O'Brien

Take the Hawks minus the points against Chicago in Friday’s NBA action.

Atlanta is going through a bit of a lull right now, having lost three of its last five games while cashing just one time during this stretch (including going 0-3 ATS in its last three). But the Bulls have hit the skids, too, lately, following up a five-game SU and ATS winning streak (all on the road) with consecutive losses to the Clippers on Tuesday (at home) and the 76ers on Wednesday (on the road).

Really, this is a very tough spot for Chicago, which is playing its 13th game in as many cities just since Jan. 11, including its ninth road game in the last 10 (only stop at home since Jan. 15 was Tuesday’s game vs. the Clippers). Two of the Bulls’ last three contests have gone into overtime, too, and now they come into Atlanta a man down, as improving center Joakim Noah has been ruled out with a foot injury (meaning his former college teammate Al Horford should have a field day down in the paint).

Even though Atlanta has hit a bit of a pointspread speed bump, it is still 20-5 SU and 17-8 ATS on its home floor this year, including 118-83 thrashing of Chicago as a 10½-point favorite back on Dec. 9. Although the Bulls avenged that defeat in Chicago 10 days later (101-98 overtime win as a four-point home pup), the Hawks are still 5-1 in the last six meetings and 4-1 ATS in the last five. Atlanta has also defeated the Bulls four straight times in Georgia, including three double-digit routs.

5♦ ATLANTA HAWKS

Posted : February 5, 2010 8:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

Minnesota vs Dallas
Pick: T-Wolves

This is a 'momentum' play on the Timberwolves, who come into tonight's game off a 112-91 victory over the New York Knicks. And, since 1990, NBA road underdogs of +9.5 or more points, are a terrific 70-46 ATS off a win by 20 points or more. That victory over the Knicks was Minny's 2nd in a row: The Timberwolves also won by double-digits over the Los Angeles Clippers, 111-97, a week ago. In contrast, the Dallas Mavericks are NOT playing good basketball. Dallas has failed to cover five straight games, and is 3-13 ATS over its last 16 games. The Mavs are also 0-9 ATS over their last nine home games, and 1-17 ATS over their last 18 home games! Take Minnesota.

Posted : February 5, 2010 9:20 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: