25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Hawks/Wizards Under 208½

I really like the value here with the total in tonight's game against the Hawks, as I look for both teams to bring the defensive intensity. Washington is still searching for their first win and poor defense has been a big reason for the slow start. Playing at home with the first win of the season on the line, I expect them to lay it all on the line here. As for the Hawks, they come in off a ugly 116-123 loss at home to the Lakers, where they allowed 74 points in the 2nd half. This came after holding each of their first 3 opponents under 100 points. Defense will certainly be a point of emphasis after that performance.

Another key here is that this will be the second time these two teams have faced each other, as these two opened their season against each other in Atlanta. Both are going to be very familiar with what the other is trying to do defensively, which should also lead to a lower-scoring game.

UNDER is 8-2 in the Hawks last 10 after failing to cover the spread in their last game and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 after allowing 100+ points.

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Los Angeles Lakers +11

The Los Angeles Lakers have been one of the most underrated teams in the NBA in the early going. They have gone 2-3 SU but 4-1 ATS through their first 5 games. They beat Houston 120-114 as 6-point dogs and Atlanta 123-116 as 12-point road dogs. Two of their three losses have come by exactly 7 points. And they've played 4 out of 5 games on the road so far. So they return home now and Luke Walton gets to coach against his former team. He'll have these upstart Lakers ready to play. I question the motivation for the Warriors here after a huge win over Oklahoma City last night in the Durant vs. Westbrook showdown. This will now be the second of a back-to-back and a 3rd game in 4 days for the Warriors. Bets against road favorites of 10 points or more playing on back-to-back days in the first half of the season are 25-6 ATS since 1996.

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

Winnipeg +155

Detroit just isn't good enough anymore to be laying this high of a price. The Red Wings are in the midst of a three-game losing streak after having won six in a row.

Toronto's Austin Matthews is getting all the early publicity for rookie of the year honors. But Winnipeg rookie Patrik Laine has six goals, too, the same number as Matthews. I think he's just as good.

Winnipeg has solid offensive talent. The Jets are 4-6-1, but three of the defeats were by one goal to playoff teams.

The Red Wings are going again with Petr Mrazek in goal. I think that's a mistake as I regard Jimmy Howard as their best goalie.

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

Boise should be in a prickly mood after getting upended in Laramie by the Wyoming Cowboys last weekend to ruin their bid for an undefeated season, and while the Broncos have failed their last 7 against the spread on their funky blue turf, the Spartans are the perfect tonic for Boise State tonight.

San Jose did win at home against UNLV last weekend, and they also won at home recently over Nevada, but on the road it has been a different tale, as the Spartans have lost all 4 roadies this season, and are on a money-burning 2-12 spread slide as the road dog their last 14.

Series numbers also suggest laying the lumber, as Boise State ALL 10 meetings dating back to 2002, and the Broncos are a mony-making 5-0 the last 5 meetings against the line, and 7-3 overall against the math the last 10 times these schools have met one another.

Broncos with a blowout win tonight over the Spartans.

3* BOISE STATE

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

My free play for tonight is on the Brooklyn Nets, plus the points at home against the Charlotte Hornets.

I don't know why the Hornets are laying this much, let alone any points, to the Nets, but I'll be glad to take these points tonight.

After back-to-back losses to close out October, Brooklyn started November with a solid 109-101 win over the Pistons on Wednesday night, snapping a two-game skid.

This is a great spot for Brooklyn, as it gets a few days off before back-to-back games against the Wolves and Knicks next week. Both will be tough, so I'm betting the Nets will want to head into their break off a win.

Charlotte has started 3-1, but something tells me it will let its guard down in this one, and struggle to close the deal.

5* BROOKLYN

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Friday's comp play release is to take the points with the New York Knicks as they play in Chicago against the Bulls.

Homecoming time for D.Rose and Joakim Noah, as the former Bulls head back to face their old team in this Friday night ESPN affair.

New York is not a very good team, as they bring a disappointing 1-3 mark into this game to take on the 3-1 Bulls, but with the emotions running high, I will look for the Knicks to play an inspired game tonight and stay inside of this impost.

The Bulls are playing off their first loss of the season, and Doug McDermott is likely to miss this one as he is in the league's concussion protocol and is listed as questionable for tonight's contest.

For what it is worth, the Knicks did win and cover 3 of the 4 season series meetings last year, and they do sport a 5-0 spread mark their last 5 Friday night contests dating back to last year.

I say take New York plus the points, as they give Chicago a contest tonight in the return of Rose and Noah.

1* NEW YORK

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

Two straight free winners in the NBA, with the Los Angeles Lakers outright against the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday, and the Orlando Magic defeating the Sacramento Kings on Thursday. Tonight, lay the points with the Chicago Bulls.

My free play for tonight is on the Chicago Bulls, minus the points against the New York Knicks. Derrick Rose returns to the United Center, and I doubt the crowd will be friendly. The newlook Knicks don't have the chemistry yet, like the newlook Bulls have.

The Knicks have struggled offensively, other than their lone win - a 111-104 home win versus the Memphis Grizzlies - and tonight will have a hard time getting to 90. New York's three losses have seen it score 88, 89 and 99 points. Now the Knicks have to sandwich a road game on a Friday night, in a frenzied town that was just ignited by the Cubs winning the World Series.

The Bulls will be looking to avenge their first loss of the season, as they fell in Boston, 107-100, two nights ago. They, too, have a sandwich game, as the Bulls will head to Indianapolis to play the Pacers tomorrow night. Chicago needs to thrive on these home games, as it will have played 11 road games in 14 contests, spanning 26 days.

That's a lot of travel. So winning at home is a must.

4* CHICAGO

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My comp winner tonight is on the Over in the Pacific Division clash between the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers. Lots and lots of points.

I really don't know what to tell you, outside of what you should know.

The Warriors, behind Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant, can score at free will. And they'll be looking to get out and run immediately tonight, after they belittled the Oklahoma City Thunder last night. Golden State has no choice, really, as that's its style, and it can't show signs of being hungover after last night's big win.

The Lakers have played well, and this new era could be exciting. I love what I've seen thus far, and think they'll answer the challenge to play upbeat against the league's best offense.

Play this one high.

2* Warriors/Lakers Over

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

MEMPHIS +5½ over L.A. Clippers

The Clippers have enjoyed the luxury of playing some of the Western Conference’s weakest teams in the Staples Center to start off the 2016-17 season. Hosting Utah, Phoenix and a Kevin Durant-less Oklahoma City gave Los Angeles a chance to certainly savor an appetizing early schedule but the Clips fell at home against Oklahoma City when they were held to just 83 points behind a Thunder squad that has been forced to change up their game plan in the post-KD era. Previously, L.A. was off to a 3-0 start initiated by vindication on the road at Rip City to kick off their 2016 season. The Clippers are fully stacked and primed with their offensive weapons at full health. However, Lob City can dish out as many alley-oops as they like, a la Chris Paul to Blake Griffin, if their offense of course can get going. Thing is, The Clips are not a defensive-minded team by any stretch and when they are forced to play a defensive game, we often see results fostered like we did on Tuesday against OKC where the Clip Joint gets clipped.

After making a run to the Western Conference Semifinals in the 2014-15 season, the Grizzlies have suffered some attrition as they failed to make it out of the first round of the playoffs in the 2015-16 season as a #7 seed. However, Justin Timberlake must be happy with how things are shaping up with Memphis in the early going so far this year. The Grizzlies remain undefeated at the FedEx Forum while boasting their trademark stingy defensive numbers that we are all used to seeing with these Music City Marauders. Though they stand at 3-2, the Grizzlies have been perfect at home even if two of those three wins went to OT. Memphis wears teams down, as they have an absolute ‘glove’ in Tony Allen who has established a reputation as one of the premier defenders in all the NBA. Complementing Allen is Mike ‘The Pitbull’ Conley, an undersized point-guard that plays the game with a chip on his shoulder. Then there’s Mark Gasol, regarded by many as a top-five big-man across the league. Toss in Zach Randolph off the bench as another economical defender and suddenly the Clips have their hands full with a raucous crowd feeding the Grizzlies energy to combat any foe. Not only can Memphis cover here but they can pull the upset outright, as home court advantage and sound defense is a great recipe for winning when taking back points.

PASS NHL & NCAAF

Posted : November 4, 2016 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

MIAMI-OHIO +1 over Central Michigan

We’ll side with the home team Miami-Ohio that is playing its best football of the season, winning three-straight games. That streak puts them just one win away from clinching their first bowl game in six years, and they’d like nothing better than to do it tonight at home on TV. The hosts are also 6-3 ATS this season, and overall have covered 20 of their last 32 games! The Chippewas, meanwhile, are on the downside, as they have lost two in a row and four of their last six games, after starting 3-0. Take the home team!

Posted : November 4, 2016 5:02 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: