Clear all

Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Friday, October 27th, 2017

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Free Picks for Friday, October 27th, 2017 from some of the nations best and worst handicappers

Posted : October 27, 2017 8:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joey Juice

After a late inning barrage drove the last game over the total, jumping on the over in this game would be a mistake.

Game 2 was 3-1 after seven innings, and nine times out of 10 would have been a stone-cold under. It was still 3-2 Los Angeles after eight. Who would have thought the Astros would hit four homers in the final three innings and the Dodgers would add a pair?

Eight homers in total were hit in Game 2 and that set a World Series record. Along with the rising tide, they should blame the over in last game on global warming. All joking aside, it was hot as hell and that certainly helped the ball fly out of Dodger Stadium.

Let's go to the numbers, for the Dodgers, the under is 3-0-1 last 4 games after a rest day. Even more telling for LA, the under is 5-0-1 in their last 6 road games vs. a right-handed starter, and 6-1-1 in their last eight on the road overall.

For Houston, also some compelling evidence for the under. in their last 9 home games vs. a right-handed starter, the Astros have gone under 8 out of 9 times.

Considering how good the pitching is in this game, the play must be Under!

4* L.A. DODGERS-HOUSTON UNDER

Posted : October 27, 2017 8:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pro Computer Gambler

Dodgers vs. Astros
Play: Astros -1½

MLB KEY SYSTEM: Since 2004, dogs or home favorites in the American League are 1492-1261 +170.58 units SU against the NL when they're on 1 or 0 days rest and it is series game 3 or less. (Take the Astros)

KEY TEAM TREND: The Dodgers are 0-14 SU as a dog after they played extra innings.

PCG RAW NUMBERS are currently 869-700 +168.28 units for MLB 2017 season

Posted : October 27, 2017 8:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Utah vs. Oregon
Play: Oregon

Edges - Ducks: 5-0 ATS when 0-3 SUATS last three games and facing a foe off consecutive losses, including 3-0 SUATS at home… Utes: 1-6 ATS off consecutive losses when favored by 3 or more points… With both teams riding a 3-game losing skid, our money is on the host. We recommend a 1* play on Oregon.

Posted : October 27, 2017 8:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Colorado at Vegas
Pick: Vegas

Despite losing both their first and second goalies, the Vegas Golden Knights continue to win. The team had to call up goalie Oscar Dansk from their Chicago affiliate to start the last game with both Marc-Andre Fluery and Malcolm Subban both on IR. The Knights are 7-1-0 to start the season, having benefited from a nice home schedule to start the season where six of their first eight games have been at the T-Mobile arena. Colorado is off to a 5-4 start (2-3 away). The Avs have averaged just 2.20 goals per game thus far. Both clubs are 4-4 O/U on the season with Vegas 4-2 O/U at home. Vegas taking full advantage of their early home ice dominance. Colorado has struggle a bit on the road and looks to be the latest victim of the Knights.

Posted : October 27, 2017 8:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Fisher

Nets vs. Knicks
Play: Nets +2.5

Knicks looking for their first victory while the surprising Nets go for .500 record. There seems to be a different hero every night for the Nets but their win versus Cleveland showed they are playing well as a team. Nets go 11/12 deep and even without PG Russell their bench comes in without missing a beat. I see Knicks getting out to an early lead but by the mid third quarter look for their starting 5 to tire. Nets will capitalize.

Posted : October 27, 2017 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lee

Dodgers +120

These two split the first two games in LA with the Dodgers taking the opener and then Houston won that epic extra innings game, where they scored a run in both the 8th and 9th against that dominant Dodgers bullpen to force extra innings. My money is on LA to bounce back and take Game 3 and it comes down to the starting pitching matchup. The Dodgers give the rock to You Darvish, who has stepped up on the big stage with two outstanding postseason starts. Both of which came on the road. He allowed just 1 run on 2 hits at Arizona and 1 run on 6 hits over 6 1/3 at Chicago in the NLCS. Houston will send out Lance McCullers, who pitched well in his only start against the Yankees, but was touched up for 5 runs in 4 1/3 at Boston. LA should have the easier time pushing runs across early and it's really all about who can get to their bullpen first with a lead.

Posted : October 27, 2017 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lundin

Nets vs. Knicks
Play: Nets +2½

The New York Knicks are off to a terrible start, going 0-3 both SU and ATS. Here they're giving points to Brooklyn Nets who are 3-2 SU and 4-1 ATS on the season, and this looks like an easy play on Brooklyn.

The Nets will be filled with confidence coming off a 112-107 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. There's a small risk for a let down game after such a tremendous performance, but I think the fact that they face their cross-town rival will offset that risk.

As a bonus we can note that the Nets lead the league in scoring at 121.2 points per game while the Knicks are dead last with 93.3 ppg.

Posted : October 27, 2017 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ray Monohan

Blues vs. Hurricanes
Play: Under 5½

We should see a slower paced game here with these two teams, which makes this Under worth a move.

Carolina comes in off a back to back, which will certainly cause some fatigue for them, especially on the offensive end. The Canes grabbed a win in Toronto, but things were not as easy on them as the 6-3 score indicates. That Toronto team runs you around and really forces you to play physical. That will really cause the Canes to hang back some here, as maintaing energy is a must for them.

St. Louis is also a slower paced team. They are averaging just 2.7 goals per game on the road this season. They look to keep possession and really slow things down, which plays into our advantage here.

Some trends to note. Under is 17-8-8 in Hurricanes last 33 Friday games. Under is 19-4-4 in Blues last 27 games playing on 1 days rest.

Posted : October 27, 2017 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Spurs vs. Magic
Play: Spurs -5

No Kawhi Leonard, no problem. The San Antonio Spurs are one of two unbeaten teams left in the NBA despite playing without Leonard up to this point. They have gone 4-0 SU & 3-0-1 ATS while winning all 4 games by 8 points or more. Don't expect the Orlando Magic to offer much resistance tonight either. The Spurs have gone 11-1 in their last 11 meetings with the Magic with 9 of those 11 wins coming by 7 points or more. I think we see more of the same one-sided dominance in this series tonight.

Posted : October 27, 2017 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Nashville @ Chicago
Pick: Nashville +110

The Chicago Blackhawks have not played good hockey lately, and it has resulted in losses in three of their last four games. Joel Quenville is taking action by mixing and matching his defensive pairs for this one. It may work over time, but defensive partners playing on the ice together for the first time on the top two levels could have some shortcomings initially. The Predators have had a lot of recent success against the Blackhawks in winning four of the last five meetings. And when playing in Chicago, the Predators have recorded a pair of shutouts in their last three trips. I like Nashville in this one as they swept the four game series last year, and have fared as good as any opponent has in this building. P

Posted : October 27, 2017 3:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Boston College comes into this home game against Florida State riding a 7-game losing streak. In the Eagles last pair of losses, they have been shutout and held to 7-points. BC has dropped those 2 games against the spread, and are just 2-4 against the spread in the last 6 series meetings.

Based on those trends, one who say; "slam dunk" to back the Sems, but this is a different Seminoles team, a team that enters at just 2-4 and is still trying to figure out how to win with freshman James Blackman under center. On the host side, Boston College has covered 5 straight and are back home after back-to-back road upset wins at Louisville and Virginia.

It's all set up for the Eagles tonight to finally end their long series drought over the Seminoles, but did you ever hear of the term "Bogey Monster"?, Well, the sports definition of that is a team that you just cannot beat no matter what your record or their record happens to be. Florida State is Boston College's "Bogey" team, and until I see them actually step up when Florida State is playing opposite of them, I will play against the Eagles.

State makes it an 8-game series win streak over BC with this Friday win and cover by a solid TD.

4* FLORIDA STATE

Posted : October 27, 2017 3:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner is in college football, as I figure I better bail you out in case you had the Miami Dolphins last night, one of the most idiotic picks I've seen this season. So let's bail you out with a play on Memphis over Tulane.

I know the Green Wave has shown a lot of grit this season, playing competitively at Navy and again fighting last week against South Florida, but this is a team that struggles on the road.

And I don't think the skill Dontrell Hilliard brings to the field is going to provide enough firepower to keep up with the likes of Memphis' Riley Ferguson, Anthony Miller, Darrell Henderson.

The Tigers' high-powered offense ranks 15th in the nation, generating nearly 500 yards per game. You mix that with having to travel on a short week to play a prime-time game, and I think Tulane is going to be in big trouble.

It'll be fun to watch for about a quarter and a half, but Memphis pulls away and controls this one in the second half.

Lay the points.

1* MEMPHIS

Posted : October 27, 2017 3:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play for Friday night is in College Football, as I like the SMU Mustangs to throttle the Tulsa Golden Hurricane.

SMU quarterback Ben Hicks ranks among the leading passers in the AAC right now, and I think we're going to see him have a big night against one of the conference's worst defensive units.

Tulsa has the second-worst opposing passer rating allowed, as it is allowing 258.5 yards per game through the air.

On the other side of the ball, there is Tulsa freshman Luke Skipper, who replaced Chad President at quarterback, and I think will struggle. I know SMU's defense can be sketchy, but at home on a Friday night, the line will come up with several big plays to thwart the Hurricane.

Trust me, the Mustangs are headed in a good direction and appear to be making a run to the AAC Championship Game.

2* SMU

Posted : October 27, 2017 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play for tonight is on the Houston Rockets, laying road chalk to the Charlotte Hornets and former big man Dwight Howard.

Remember when he was relevant? Now, he doesn't even phase me.

The Rockets opened a three-game trip with a 105-104 victory at Philadelphia, and will have a better time with the Hornets, who started their three-game homestand with a 110-93 rout of the Denver Nuggets.

The Rockets (4-1) are getting decent production from Eric Gordon, Clint Capela and James Harden, as they're now 3-0 on the road on the young season. With Chris Paul (strained left knee) and Trevor Ariza (sprained left foot) out of action, Houston appeears to be playing with a sense of urgency, and should be fine.

Houston took two from the Hornets last season, outscoring them 39-24 on 3-pointers in a 107-95 victory in its only visit to Charlotte.

Take the road team here.

1* ROCKETS

Posted : October 27, 2017 3:59 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: