Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Friday, September 1st, 2017

35 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free pick is on the Minnesota Twins, even though they lost my Run Line play yesterday for me. I still like their momentum right now, and think they show up for a much-needed win in the opener of a crucial series.

The Twins are clinging to the second spot in the American League wild-card race, just one year after finishing with the worst record in team history (59-103). But with these Kansas City Royals on their heels - 4 1/2 games back - I think the Twins need this game.

Minnesota is not only riding a four-game win streak, but also a seven-game home winning streak. This is a team that used August as a launching pad, since the 3rd of the month, when it was 51-55. But a 19-8 run has this team smelling the playoffs.

Take the Twins.

3* TWINS

Posted : September 1, 2017 4:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach

Charlotte / Eastern Michigan
Play: Over 59

Don’t look for many stops in this one. The Eagles were one of the worst teams in the nation defending the pass last season and the 49ers overall defense was one of the worst in the nation. Charlotte does have a lot of talent at the skill positions and Eastern Michigan lost some key members on the defensive line. That said the 49ers are likely to move the ball better than many are expecting here but the fact remains that the Eagles should be able to run and pass all over the porous Charlotte defense. Eastern Michigan put up 37 points at Charlotte last season and, though that game stayed under the total, the Eagles other non-conference games the past two seasons have gone 6-2 to the over. Eastern Michigan gave up 32 points per game their last 6 games last season and Charlotte gave up 37.5 points per game in their 6 road games last season. Look for a shootout in this one.

Posted : September 1, 2017 4:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

FLORIDA ATLANTIC (+10) over Navy

Navy returns just 4 starters on offense while the Owls have had all summer to get ready for their triple option attack. FAU is one of the most experienced teams in the country returning 17 starters on both sides of the ball. Kiffin is sure to throw the ball early and often so a back door cover is always a possibility. Take the Owls plus the points.

Posted : September 1, 2017 4:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Royals/Twins Over 9

The Twins have been crushing the baseball as of late and should have no problem putting up runs tonight at home. The Royals have struggled hitting the ball, but they get a great chance tonight to break out of their slump against a pitcher who isn’t of big league quality. Dillon Gee has given up a lot of homeruns for his limited amount of work and should get torched once again tonight. Look for a lot of runs.

Posted : September 1, 2017 5:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley

Rays / White Sox Under 9

It has been a rough campaign for Tampa's Blake Snell but just before he was to be demoted to the minors a rotation injury struck giving him a second chance. Both of Snell's wins this season came in the just completed month of August and he his numbers in the last 2 starts combined (15 strikeouts while allowing just 2 runs) have been spectacular. Reynaldo Lopez was one of the high-rated pitching prospects the White Sox received in the offseason in a deal with Washington and he is "fresh"after having had TWO WEEKS to prepare on the disabled list

Posted : September 1, 2017 6:33 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: