1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

David Banks

Buffalo @ Seattle
Pick: Under 44

The Buffalo Bills are now playing for a wild card berth, period. After last week’s devastating 41-25 loss to AFC East leader New England, it is clear that the Bills are not going to win the division. Their best hope at playing in the postseason will be to gain entry as a wild card. That will not be easy as the Bills take on Seattle on Monday night and face remaining games with Cincinnati, Oakland, and Pittsburgh. Before Buffalo starts thinking about the postseason, they might want to start thinking about how to improve their passing game.

Buffalo and QB Tyrod Taylor rank 31st in the NFL in passing averaging just 179 yards per game. Their opponent on Monday night, Seattle, ranks in the top ten among NFL teams in rushing, passing, and total defense. The Seahawks are second in scoring defense giving up just 15.6 points per game. Seattle has held three of its seven opponents to 10 points or less, but they struggled last week when New Orleans ran the ball for 123 yards. Saints RB Tim Hightower recorded a rare 100-yard effort against the Seahawks.

Seattle now will face a Bills running game that is second in the league averaging 154.1 yards a game led by RB LeSean McCoy, who has 598 yards rushing this season. The Bills leading rusher did not play against New England due to troubles with a hamstring. McCoy is listed as questionable for Monday night’s game in Seattle. If he plays and is near 100 percent, the Bills may have a chance at an upset.

The Seahawks are 3-0 at home this year and opponents are well aware of the difficulty of playing at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. The noise is deafening and the atmosphere makes it very tough for opponents establish a rhythm on offense. The Bills will need their running game to help eliminate some of the effects of the crowd.

That is easier said than done, though the last time Buffalo played in Seattle the Bills grabbed an easy 38-9 win. The problem is that game was back in 2004 well before the Pete Carroll era that has produced a Super Bowl champion and a perennial Lombardi Trophy contender. The last time the two teams met in 2012 – yes, Carroll was the Seahawks coach – the Bills were blown out, 50-17.

Posted : November 7, 2016 1:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Buster Sports

Utah Jazz vs. Philadelphia 76ers
Play: Philadelphia 76ers +7½

The Philadelphia 76ers like usual will be one of the worse teams in the NBA this season. They just are missing a couple of components to get them over the top and winning some games, but in saying this we love the way they have been playing at home so far this year. This team does show a lot of fight and that was displayed last game as they almost beat the World Champs only losing by a score of 102-101. The Jazz won in New York yesterday 114-109 and this will be their 5th game in 7 nights and second of a 5 game road trip. We believe the Jazz might try and take a little breather against a 76ers team that has not won this year. At the time of this writing the Jazz were 7 1/2 point favorites. The 76ers were blown out at home once this year with th

Posted : November 7, 2016 1:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Miami @ Oklahoma City
Pick: Miami +5.5

Hassan Whiteside has been the savior for Miami so far this season as he is shooting 58.9 percent and averaging 20 points and 14.2 rebounds. Whiteside scored 21 points with 16 rebounds in his team's 96-87 loss at Toronto on Friday, and Goran Dragic added 17 points. Oklahoma City bounced back from a blowout loss at Golden State by beating Minnesota 112-92 on Saturday. Russell Westbrook led the Thunder with 28 points and Enes Kanrer added 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. The Heat still is playing decent defense as it's ranked #8 in the NBA allowing 98.2 points per game, which is about two points better than the Thunder. Miami has covered five of its last six after an ATS loss and four of its last five following a straight up loss. Miami is on two days rest. Take the points and play the Heat.

Posted : November 7, 2016 1:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Monday comp play release is on the Islanders at home on the Puck Line over the Canucks.

Let's face it, both teams are playing some bad hockey right now, as Vancouver hits Brooklyn tonight having lost 8 in a row, while New York has dropped each of their last 3, and 5 of their last 6 overall.

Why then a Puck Line play on the home team?

Well, the Isles at least have lost their last pair of games in a shootout, and they are playing for the 4th straight time on their home ice. I sense a "bust out" game coming tonight against a Canucks team that has been blanked in 4 of those 8 straight losses, and have lost by at least 2 goals in 6 of those 8 losses.

Just call it a "gut feeling" on the ice tonight, but I see the Islanders winning this one by a comfortable 2 goals or more margin.

1* N.Y. ISLANDERS -1.5

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Let's lace up the skates tonight, and play some NHL with my freebie. I love the Florida Panthers to get it done tonight over the Tampa Bay Lightning, as the boys from South Beach will take care of business tonight.

The Panthers are in revenge from a 4-3 shootout loss to their Atlantic Division rivals from up north, as the Lightning won back on Oct. 18. It was ugly, too, as Tampa Bay tied the game with 5.5 seconds left in regulation.

The Panthers are also in after a loss on Saturday, so they'll be even more fired up for this one, after having a night off.

I expect this one to be close, but Florida will prevail late, winning on a third-period goal.

3* PANTHERS

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

Three straight wins and the Orlando Magic arrive in Chi-town with a wave of momentum that will help them keep things close against the Bulls at the United Center.

With their 88-86 win over the Washington Wizards, the Magic improved to .500 with its third straight win after starting the season 0-3.

That was a huge win, too, as Orlando had lost 12 straight games to the Wizards entering Saturday night's game. The Magic also entered Saturday night averaging 13.2 offensive rebounds per game, which ranks second in the NBA. That will help on the road, with confidence, as Orlando will be able to battle for those second-chance shots.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this be a high-scoring game, as the team the Magic are behind for offensive boards is Chicago. And since the Magic rank 26th in the NBA in defensive rebounding, both teams could capitalize with second-chance opportunities.

Look for a great back-and-forth affair, and the Magic to stay inside the number.

3* MAGIC

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

Let's head to Oakland for tonight's free play, as I'm playing the New Orleans Pelicans plus the big number against the defending Western Conference champion Golden State Warriors.

You would think the Warriors will be pissed off after getting thumped by the Los Angeles Lakers, and will take things out on the winless Pelicans, but something tells me there is something not right with the Warriors.

I know that was a letdown spot for Golden State, after the emotional win against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the Lakers were fired up with all that youth, but the Pelicans are not as bad as their record indicates.

New Orleans lost its previous two games in overtime, and the Warriors defeated the Pelicans 122-114 on Oct. 28, when Anthony Davis scored 45 points and grabbed 17 rebounds.

I think Davis is the best big man in the league, and I also think he knows the nuances of the Wariors, considering he's spent the last two summers with the likes of Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green, with Team USA.

I don't think the Pelicans can earn their first victory of the season, but I do think the Warriors will get up big and then rest the big four, knowing the Dallas Mavericks arrive Wednesday.

Golden State wins this, but not by more than two touchdowns.

2* NEW ORLEANS

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

Monday's comp winner is the Pelicans plus the truck-load of points they are getting at Golden State.

New Orleans has not won yet this season, and they have only covered in one of their six season losses to date. Let me let you guess who they covered against?

That's right, the Warriors!

Golden State is a work in progress with their new piece - Kevin Durant - trying to work into this rotation as the Warriors look for some chemistry.

Doubtful the Dubs are going to lose this game outright, but they have already failed in 4 of their 6 games this season against the spread.

Golden State will get out in front comfortably, pull the starters, and allow New Orleans to have an open back door tonight at Oracle Arena.

Take the massive points and the Pels.

2* NEW ORLEANS

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Davis

Miami at Oklahoma City
Pick: Oklahoma City -5

Will gladly back the Thunder here at a short price here at home vs the Miami Heat. I really thought this line would be around the 8 or 9 range. The Thunder have one loss on the season and that was @ the Warriors on a back to back situation. They bounced back nicely from that game beating the Timberwolves by 20. I'm personally not very high on this Heat team as their only wins came opening night against the Magic and they beat the Kings who were on a back to back. I believe we are seeing the low line because of the Heat having 2 days rest here. If they try and get out and run the the Thunder here this game could get out of hand early.

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Rockets vs. Wizards
Play: Rockets +2

The Washington Wizards are 1-4 this season with their only win coming at home over the Atlanta Hawks by 3 points. Things won't get much easier for the Wizards here as they will be playing their 3rd game in 4 days. The Houston Rockets will be playing just their 2nd game in 5 days. They will be looking to bounce back from a road loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday night. This Houston offense is clicking, averaging 108.0 points and 13 made 3-pointers per game. The Wizards are allowing 103.8 points per game and 10 made 3-pointers per game, including 37.8% shooting from distance. The road team is 4-0 SU & 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings. The road team is 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings as well. The Rockets are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 trips to Washington.

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Pacers vs. Hornets
Play: Hornets -3

Teddy delivered another winning weekend for himself and his clients, continuing his run of profits in both the NFL and college. Teddy’s ready to cash in NBA action tonight; locked & loaded with his top side & total. Go for the 2-0 sweep right here, right now!

The Pacers have one significant weakness that has been their primary concern through the first two weeks of the season, a weakness that hasn’t shown signs of getting fixed yet. New coach Nate McMillan is having a real problem with his guards inability to stop dribble penetration into the paint.

The Pacers rank dead last in the NBA in field goal percentage allowed. Jeff Teague and Monte Ellis aren’t staying in front of anybody, and Myles Turner is still developing into an effective low post defensive stopper – he’s not there yet. When the Pacers aren’t outscoring their foes, they’re not winning games or covering pointspreads. In fact, Indiana is 0-fer the season ATS in games where they’ve scored 110 or less.

This is likely to be a problem against Charlotte tonight. The Hornets swept the Pacers last year in large part due to the play of emerging point guard Kemba Walker. Walker’s dribble drive skill set is a difference maker in this matchup – he can hit shots and he’ll be finding his teammates for open looks. Steve Clifford’s squad isn’t 4-1 SU by accident; an under-the-radar smaller market team primed to make us money tonight and in the weeks to come.

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

Pistons / Clippers Under 198.5

Not sure Clips return home to Staples Center with the same fury they displayed in recent road swing thru Memphis and San Antonio. Slight letdown would not surprise, but more impressed with Detroit's defensive work, limiting opponent shots in the "restricted area" and with Andre Drummond a nice roadblock in the paint. Pace a bit tedious in these games a year ago and doubt they reach 200 tonight.

Posted : November 7, 2016 5:41 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: