1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

New York at Philadelphia
Pick: Philadelphia

We don't make a habit of going with the Phils on the Run Line but will do it tonight at CBP based mostly on the pitchinh matchup. That's because Mets starter Steven Matz has been so bad since just before the All-Star break, with his ERA rising from 2.12 to 5.77 since July 9, and the Mets losing 6 of his last 7 starts. Much more effective lately has been Phils starter Aaron Nola, who hasn't allowed more than two runs in nine starts dating to June 22.

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RICKY TRAN

Indians vs. Rays
Play: Under 8

Indians starter Mike Clevinger (5-4, 4.00 ERA) has been solid in his eight starts on the road this season, going 4-2 with 3.10 ERA. Rays ace Chris Archer (8-6, 3.80 ERA) has limited Cleveland batters to a .239 BA through 142 at bats. Archer has 58K's over 43 1/3 innings of work in July and August combined this season and he has posted a 3.32 ERA home in 12 starts.

All signs point to a low scoring game today:
- Under is 4-0 in Indians last 4 overall.
- Under is 15-3 in Indians last 18 on astroturf.
- Under is 5-1 in Indians last 6 games vs. a right-handed starter.
- Under is 15-5 in Clevingers last 20 starts overall.
- Under is 7-1 in Rays last 8 home games.
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Tampa Bay.
- Indians are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings in Tampa Bay.

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUG UPSTONE

Braves vs. Cardinals
Play: Over 9

With last night's 8-5 victory over Atlanta, the Cardinals are keeping the pressure on the Chicago Cubs to win or fall out of first place. St. Louis has manufactured a seven-game winning streak thanks to an offense that is clubbing the ball like a slow-pitch team in averaging 8.85 runs per contest. It would appear unlikely, someone named Lucas Sims (5.25) is actually going to be able to setup a roadblock before home plate and prevent the Redbirds from scoring. With the total set at 9, expect the Braves to also make a contribution towards a larger score since they are superb 15-2 OVER in road games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

I never know whether or not to refer to this team as the Las Vegas Raiders or Oakland Raiders, but the fact is, there is plenty of excitement to get this season started, and my money is on the Silver and Black in their exhibition debut.

While I agree it's a crime to charge the same for nachos and hot dogs, while starting quarterback Derek Carr will wear a baseball cap and hold a clipboard for much of this game, it's also a crime when the books misplace a line.

We'll be lucky to see Carr connect with Amari Cooper - especially since Carr probably won't play - but will likely see a Khalil Mack sack of whomever the Cardinals have under center at the time.

I am intrigued by the backup quarterback battle, as it's between Connor Cook and EJ Manuel. Both have jockeyed for position during camp, and both will be at their best tonight.

And with a young, eager receiving corps, the passing game could flourish immediately.

Let's take the Raiders on the moneyline here.

3* RAIDERS

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Of the 3 games on the Saturday docket, this Oakland-Arizona contest is the one I feel has the best chance of seeing the offense flow.

Arizona is playing their second game of the preseason, as they combined with Dallas for 38-points and an Over in the usually low-scoring Hall-of-Fame Game on Thursday, August 3rd.

Might as well expect a few more points to be tallied in this game in Glendale, as Oakland has added EJ Manuel to provide some depth at the quarterback position. Manuel and Connor Cook figure to move the sticks as each vies for the back-up spot behind Derek Carr.

Arizona has an aging Carson Palmer still listed as the starter, but journeymen Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton also have years of experience to draw on, and should be able to move the offense on the back-up defenses Oakland will be breaking in. The Cards also have rookie Trevor Knight in camp from Texas A&M.

Last preseason these teams played one another, and it was Oakland a 31-10 winner in a game they landed Over the total. The Raiders finished last year's practice slate at 2-1-1 Over the total, while the Cardinals went 3-1 Over the total in the preseason, Raiders game included.

Nothing changes tonight. Over the total Raiders-Cardinals.

1* OAKLAND-ARIZONA OVER

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

After taking the first two games of their I-70 series in Kansas City, the Cardinals returned home to beat the Royals twice at Busch Stadium. The last three nights my money has been on the Redbirds for a pair of 1,000♦ winners and a comp pick.

Tonight I'm back on St. Louis as it is has some nice momentum flowing right now.

The Cardinals trounced the Royals collectively, 37-17, in four straight days. And while the Cardinals have won eight of their last 11, they're boasting a 34-26 home mark as they host the Braves. The hometown crowd is going nuts, inside Busch and at Ballpark Village across the street from the outfield.

St. Louis has won seven consecutive games for the first time this season, and are now above .500 for the first time since June 1. And don't look now, but the Cardinals are creeping up on the Chicago Cubs, who finally knocked off the lowly San Francisco Giants. With the Cardinals just one game back of Chicago in the National League Central, I like the Redbirds to keep their momentum going tonight.

Just take St. Louis tonight, as it rolls.

5* CARDINALS -1.5

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Let's take a shot here with the Chicago White Sox, who have won four in a row after last night's 6-3 win over the American League Central-contending Kansas City Royals

The South Siders, who are a distant 12 1/2 games back in the wild card race, may not factor into the postseason, but they can play the spoiler role for division rivals - like these Royals.

Kansas City, which appeared to be headed for a clash with the American League Central-leading Cleveland Indians, have lost five in a row and nine of 11 after being swept by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Take Chicago here and don't bother listing pitchers.

5* WHITE SOX

Posted : August 12, 2017 5:57 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: