1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Kansas State vs. TCU
Play: TCU -3½

It is just getting to be too much! I see such a rush here for the Wildcats and it's off kilter. In a conference where three of the top offenses in college football reside this contest pits the top two defenses in the Big-12. Kansas State won four of the last five meetings since coach Bill Snyder returned. An anomaly for these two clubs is that TCU is only 2-4 at home and the Wildcats are 2-3 on the road. Last season TCU came back from an 18-point halftime deficit and won 52-45. Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson is looking to close the season against his alma mater.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:55 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

San Diego State vs. Wyoming
Play: Wyoming +7

Oddsmakers made a mistake when they made San Diego State a 10-point favorite in their first meeting this season. The Cowboys won that contest 34-33 and outgained the Aztecs by nearly 100 yards. The only reason it was even close was because SDSU had two kickoff return touchdowns. Now the books have made SDSU a 7-point road favorite again in the rematch, and I think the Cowboys are going to win outright. The Aztecs are worn out right now, and head coach Rocky Long admitted it. That was evident last week when they lost 31-63 at home to Colorado State. I don't think they'll be recovered in time here. Wyoming clearly didn't care about the game against New Mexico on the road last week because they had already punched their tickets to the MWC title game. I'll give them a pass for that effort. One factor I love about this game is that it's going to be played in 20-degree weather in Laramie, Wyoming. The Aztecs are used to the warm confines of San Diego, and they won't be ready for this cold weather contest in the altitude. The Cowboys are 11-0 ATS in their last 11 games after allowing 375 or more rushing yards in their previous game. Look for the Cowboys to cap off a tremendous turnaround season with a MWC title.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Florida vs. Alabama
Play: Under 40½

These are two of the best defenses in college football and the championship is on the line. Alabama has won 24 consecutive games with a dominant defensive line. Senior defensive end Jonathan Allen (seven sacks, two fumble return touchdowns) is the only defensive player among the five Walter Camp Player of the Year finalists and he is leader of a defense that ranks first nationally in scoring defense (11.4 points per game), total defense (246.8 yards per game) and rushing defense (68.7), on a 4-1 run under the total. The Under is 15-6 in the Crimson Tide's last 21 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in their previous game. The Florida Gators rank fifth in scoring defense (14.6) and sixth in total defense (291.9) on a 5-0 run under the total. And the Under is 10-1 in Gators last 11 games after allowing more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jesse Schule

San Diego State vs. Wyoming
Play: Over 58½

The Wyoming Cowboys host the San Diego State Aztecs in the Mountain West Championship Game, just two weeks after Wyoming defeated the Aztecs 34-33 in Laramie. Wyoming then went on the road and lost 56-35 at New Mexico, surrendering 568 rushing yards and seven rushing TDs in the game. The Cowboys defense has been decimated by injury, losing three linebackers just in the past week. The Aztecs defense doesn't look much better, coming off a 63-31 loss to Colorado State. San Diego State has gone over in five straight overall, and five of it's last six versus the Cowboys.

The Wisconsin Badgers boast the #3 ranked defense in the country, allowing opponents to average just 13.7 points per game. This is even more impressive when you consider their strength of schedule. The list of teams they've held under 20 points this year includes: Michigan, LSU, Nebraska, Michigan State and Iowa. Penn State's defense held up in a 24-21 win over Ohio State, and they've held three of their last four opponents to 14 points or less. The under is 9-3 in the Badgers last 12 games against teams with a winning record.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky
Play: Louisiana Tech +10½

I like the value here with the Bulldogs catching double-digits. These two teams played earlier this season at Louisiana Tech. The Bulldogs won that game 55-52 as a 3-point underdog. Based on the fact that WKU was a 3-point road favorite, this line should only be around 6.5.

It’s also worth pointing out these two teams played a close fought game last year. Western Kentucky won at home 41-38 as a 2.5-point underdog.

I just think we are seeing an inflated number given the results from last week. What you can’t overlook is the situation each team was facing. La Tech had already clinched the West prior to playing their game against Southern Miss. While the Bulldogs had nothing to play for, the Golden Eagles needed a win to become bowl eligible. Louisiana Tech simply had no business laying 15.5 points in that game.

As for the Hilltoppers 60-6 victory over Marshall, that was a must-win game for WKU. They went into last week tied with Old Dominion for 1st place in the East. A loss and the Hilltoppers wouldn’t even be playing in this game. That was also a very favorable matchup against a horrible Marshall team.

Just looking at the numbers, these are two very evenly matched teams. They played four common opponents. Both teams averaged exactly 46.0 ppg against the opposition. While WKU was better defensively, allowing just 21.3 ppg, La Tech wasn’t far behind at 25.5 ppg. Note that both defenses allowed exactly 5.3 yards/play in those 4 common games.

It’s also worth pointing out that even though the Bulldogs played Southern Miss last week, you can bet they spent the time leading up to that game preparing for Western Kentucky. They knew WKU wasn’t going to lose to Marshall and if they did they still had a week to prepare for ODU. Getting two weeks to prepare for an opponent this late in the season is huge. The best thing is we don’t even need the Bulldogs to win this game. All we have to have is for them to keep it within single-digits.

Losing to the Golden Eagles also puts Louisiana Tech in a great spot. The Bulldogs are 15-3 ATS in their last 18 games off a loss as a favorite. They are also a perfect 6-0 ATS in their last 6 road games off a SU defeat.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Florida vs. Alabama
Play: Florida +24

I want to start by saying I have not once bet on Florida this season, I’ve only bet against them. I did so successfully last week with Florida State, plus won against them with Arkansas, Tennessee and North Texas earlier this season. I have been as big of a Florida hater as anyone this season, not once backing them.

However, it’s to the point now where there finally looks to be value in backing the Gators. After that 18-point loss to Florida State last week, the betting public wants nothing to do with them. But they weren’t focused for that game after beating LSU the previous week to win the SEC East, and they were resting some players with injuries that will likely return against Alabama.

Conversely, the betting public loves Alabama. The Crimson Tide had have covered the majority of their spreads this season en route to their 12-0 straight up record. They covered five straight before failing to cover the past two games against UT-Chattanooga and Auburn. They did cover the 17-point opener against Auburn, but not the 20.5-point closing line as the public pounded them leading up to that game.

And it’s clear that the public is pounding the Crimson Tide again here as this line opened at -21.5 and has already been bet up to -24. There’s no question Alabama wants to win the SEC, but it knows that it can afford to lose this game and still make the four-team playoff. While I don’t expect them to lose, I do think the Crimson Tide will be just content with winning and not blowing the doors off the Gators, which is what it’s going to take to cover this 24-point spread.

The one thing about Florida is that it just has a knack for playing in close games. It can’t blow out bad teams because it doesn’t possess that type of offense, but it doesn’t get blown out by good teams either because it has one of the best defenses in the country that keeps it in games. It’s asking a lot for any team, even one as good as Alabama, to beat Florida by more than three touchdowns.

The Gators are giving up just 14.6 points per game, 292 yards per game and 4.6 yards per play this season. They are holding opponents to 13.3 points, 115 yards per game and 1.3 yards per play less than their season averages. Florida possesses perhaps the best cornerback duo in the country in Jalen Tabor and Quincy Wilson, which will help limit the big plays from the stud receivers for Alabama in ArDarius Stewart and Calvin Ridley.

We saw last year in the SEC Championship an overmatched Florida team that managed to cover the spread. The Gators were only getting 16.5 points in that contest, and lost 15-29. They were dominated statistically, getting outgained 437 to 180 by the Crimson Tide, but it just goes to show you that stats don’t always matter with this team. The Gators have a grit about them that cannot be taught, and they will fight you for four quarters. That was evident in their 16-10 win at LSU as 13.5-point dogs two weeks ago.

The Gators are 7-1-1 ATS in their last nine games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game. Florida is 6-1 ATS in its last seven neutral site games. The Gators are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games following a ATS loss.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach

Temple vs. Navy
Play: Over 60

Temple's defensive numbers look great in their past 4 games but they have faced the 4 worst teams in the AAC as all 4 of those opponents ended up going 1-7 in conference action this season. That must be factored into the equation here because the Owls are unlikely to slow down Navy's triple option attack. The Midshipmen have averaged 49 points per game their last 7 games and the Owls gave up 329 yards to a similar offense (Army) earlier this season. However, the Navy offense has been running like a well oiled machine and Temple is in for an even tougher test here. This is especially true considering that the Owls are off of facing conference lightweights Cincinnati, Connecticut, East Carolina, and Tulane. So, why the play on the over rather than taking Navy here? For one thing I love the line drop here as this total has gone from 64.5 down to a 60 as of early gameday morning. However, the big key is that Navy's defense is horrible. The Midshipmen have allowed an average of nearly 35 points per game in their last 8 games. There is no reason this game shouldn't end up being a 38-35 type game as both offenses will enjoy plenty of success in this one and the weather is expected to be quite pleasant with dry conditions in Annapolis this afternoon. The over is 5-2 in Temple's games on regular rest this season and also 3-0-1 in their 4 games where they were an underdog this year. The over is 5-0 in Navy's home games this season and they are 4-0 to the over the last 4 times they've been a home favorite of 3 points or less.

Posted : December 3, 2016 8:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Anthony

New Mexico St vs. South Alabama
Play: New Mexico St +13

RB Larry Rose III has been tearing up Dlines with over 5 YPC and 86 YD/game - the New Mexico State running game has been more than admirable. The South Alabama Dline is going to be on their heels all game long. The WRs have struggled getting open for South Alabama. With just 13 TD passes during the season. South Alabama has not been very good in their aerial game. Jaguars are 1-11 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.

Posted : December 3, 2016 9:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Cokin

Temple +3

There isn't much question as to which side the betting public prefers on Saturday as Temple and Navy square off for the AAC title and a potential Cotton Bowl bid for the Midshipmen.

As of right this minute, Western Michigan is in the catbird seat for that Cotton Bowl invite. The bid goes to the highest ranked team outside the Big Five conferences, and WMU is currently ahead of Navy. Obviously, if Ohio pulls the upset on Friday, then Navy is in complete control of its destiny on Saturday. But even if the Broncos win as expected on Friday, the Midshipmen could still be alive. although I find it hard to believe Western Michigan would get snubbed considering they have a perfect record.

What isn't being mentioned to almost any extent, at least not from what I've been reading, is that should WMU get stunned on Friday, it's not just Navy that's in the hunt for some New Year's Cotton. In fact, should that shocker come to fruition, Temple suddenly gets itself in position for the trip to Dallas on January 2 with a win in this game.

As to the actual matchup, regardless of the ramifications, I like Temple's chances. The Owls have really firmed up their rushing defense as the season has progressed. If Temple can contain the Navy option to a reasonable extent, the Owls become the favorite to win the football game. To me, it's really that simple. Navy has had just three games all season where they threw more than nine times. They lost two of those three and barely got past Tulane in the other game.

Of course, the flip side to that assessment is that no one has been slowing down this Navy express of late. The Middies are putting up some crazy numbers on offense and if they solve Temple, there won't be much doubt about this outcome. That said, the opinion here is that the dog has enough defensive ability to at least contain Navy's option and that's really all I'm asking for on Saturday.

The bottom line is that I have Temple as the marginal superior team. That's somewhat offset by this game being at Navy, but I'm also getting points in the bargain with the Owls. I sense this could actually end up being the best game on the Saturday menu. The masses like Navy in this game, with a good sized ticket count edge favoring the Midshipmen. I've decided to fade the public this time and will take the points with Temple.

Posted : December 3, 2016 9:05 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

David Banks

Wisconsin vs. Penn St
Pick: Wisconsin -3

Ohio State’s win over Michigan propelled unlikely Penn State to the Big Ten championship game where the Nittany Lions will face No. 6 Wisconsin. The Badgers have just two losses on the season, to Ohio State and Michigan in consecutive weeks earlier in the season, both by seven points. Should the Badgers defeat Penn State on Saturday night in Indianapolis, they likely will qualify for the four-team College Football playoff. A Penn State win makes the CFP committee’s job much more difficult.

The Nittany Lions, 10-2, 8-1, turned their season around with a huge 24-21 win over the Buckeyes back on Oct. 22. Head coach James Franklin and his Lions have won eight in a row with an offense that has been averaging over 40 points a game since a 49-10 loss to Michigan. Quarterback Trace McSorley has been very efficient in running the Nittany Lions new spread offense under offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead. What really makes the Penn State offense go is running back Saquon Barkley. Barkley rushed for 1,219 yards and 15 touchdowns this season. He was hurt in last week’s win over Michigan State and his status is unclear.

Wisconsin, 10-2, 7-2, has the Big Ten’s best rush defense. If they are able to bottle up the Nittany Lions as Michigan State did last week, it will be up to McSorley to come through again. The Badgers may have quarterback issues of their own. Alex Hornibrook, a freshman from West Chester, Penn., took over the starting job earlier in the season but was injured in last week’s game with Minnesota. He is questionable for Saturday night’s title game. If he is not able to go, fifth-year senior Bart Houston would start. Head coach Paul Chryst used Houston as part of a two-quarterback system over the Badgers final six games of the season.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

TEMPLE +2.5 over Navy

Navy has been one of the impressive teams in the country and has been getting plenty of love for it, but don’t sleep on the Owls. Since a Week 1 loss and non-cover to Army, Temple has been the best pointspread team in the country, covering 11 straight games. We like them here today plus the points largely because of their defense, which ranks third in the nation, as opposed to Navy’s 87th-ranked defense. Since that season opening loss, the Owls have held eight of 11 opponents to 150 rushing yards or less, and that will be the key here today as they get a second look at an option attack. Temple is also 5-0 ATS this year away from home and 12-6 ATS on the road the last three years. Take the points with the underrated Owls.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Wisconsin -3

The winner of this game is probably not going to get into the playoffs. I don’t like it, but it’s just the way it went down this year. From the eye ball test we know Ohio State is better, but should it be the best 4 talented teams playing for the title or should be the teams that do what they are supposed to do and win the games that count? Because why even play the season slate of games if we are going to go off talent? You play to win your conference and that is why I have a problem with this situation. If Wisconsin wins the committee will just look at the head to head against Ohio State, but if Penn State wins it’s going to be a problem because they will be Conference Champs and have a head to head win over Ohio State. I think the committee does dodge a bullet because Penn State just hit a couple lucky patches and played weak teams. This is not a top ranked team and we all know it. This Nittany Lions Offensive Line is a mess so good luck running against one of the elite defenses in College Football this year. The Badgers played a tough schedule to prepare them for this spot and I believe they win big today.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

Temple +118 over NAVY

The American Conference championship is not settled at a neutral site. The team with the better ranking and/or record is given the hosting duties and that is what Navy, the West Division’s champs will do in Annapolis. However, Navy is hosting a team that should not be taken lightly and for many accounts should be considered a serious threat. Temple, the East’s victor, has won seven of its last eight contests and over that span it has pretty much annihilated everything along the way. In their last four games against American opponents, the Owls have pitched back-to-back shutouts while giving up only 23 points during that span. The margins of victory have been astonishing, as the Owls have eclipsed 30 points or more in three of those four victories and we are just scratching the surface. Temple also owns a dominant win over USF, arguably the conference’s best team this year who have a smorgasbord of talent in Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack at their disposal. Temple out-dueled them too, posting 46 points against the Bulls. Temple’s three losses this year were by a touchdown at Memphis, an opening week loss at Army and a contest in which they went toe-to-toe with a potential College Football Playoff qualifier in Penn State on the road where they fell by just a touchdown. This team owns one of the best statistical defenses in the country and are indiscriminate in who they shut down. Whether teams' decide to try to run or pass on the Owls, they are primed to swoop in and clip the wings of any team’s scoring operations, as they rank no lower than 26th in any major statistical category while posting top-three numbers in total yardage and passing yards allowed per game.

We are not here to undermine Navy and what they have achieved in the post-Kennan Reynolds era but this is a team that needs to exercise caution when facing down this serpent. The offensive production of the Mids has been fantastic, as they have averaged over 60 points in the last two weeks and they too in the own right are the authors of impressive wins against Tulsa, Memphis and Houston. However, Navy team lives and dies by its offense and usually teams that use this approach are prone to hitting a wall when they face a defense as good as Temple’s. Navy could not stop USF, as they gave up 52 points to the Bulls. Navy was handily defeated by Air Force who had their way with the Mids in a battle of rushing attacks. Navy rolled out a red carpet for the Falcons. While the U.S. Naval Academy may be 6-2 in their previous eight contests, it is worth nothing that they have given up 28 points or more in each of these contests. Offering such accommodations to this Temple team may be more than enough for the Owls to put this team away handily. The better team doesn’t always win. It’s the team that plays the best that wins more often and in this case, we trust we’re getting the better team that will play better. The Owls straight up is the call.

Louisiana Tech +11 over WESTERN KENTUCKY

The Bulldogs defeated the Hilltoppers straight up in Ruston earlier this season in a 55-52 shootout on a Thursday night in prime time. Even with the venue shifting location to Bowling Green, Kentucky on WKU’s turf, the host is getting a bit too much credit here. This one is very likely going to be another shootout but let us remind you that the Bulldogs built a 25-point lead in the first game before the Hilltoppers furious rally fell short. However, teams’ that get a big lead often take their foot of the pedal before momentum shifts in a big way. The market is banking on that furious rally to continue but we’re not. Western Kentucky took last year's meeting 41-38 as a three-point favorite so that is two successive games between these two that have ended with a FG being the winning margin.

Tech has gone over 50 points in four of their last seven outings and they were riding a seven-game winning streak before losing on the road in Hattiesburg, Mississippi against Southern Miss. The ‘Dogs lost by two touchdowns to a Southern Miss team that earned bowl eligibility as a result of that outcome. Western Kentucky currently sits on a six-game winning streak, so it can be concluded here that perhaps the market is weighing in heavily on the contrasting notes both these outfits enter on but there is much to pick at.

Not too long ago, Southern Mississippi was the talk of the town and considered the favorite to win the Conference-USA outright this year. The Golden Eagles were subjected to some inflated point spreads and lofty expectations, as they entered 2016 off a nine-win season, losing in the C-USA Conference Championship. Who was the team that they lost to in that Conference USA Championship Game? Western Kentucky. Thus, the two scenarios that are likely driving this market have been revealed. First, WKU making it back to the Conference USA’s big dance has already named them the champs by much of the public without ever setting foot on the field. This tends to happen with teams that make it back to their conference title game that are already the defending king of the hill. Second, this market is also fueled by a reaction to the loss the ‘Dogs suffered against a once overvalued Southern Miss team. Back in Week 6 in that aforementioned 55-52 win by Tech, the Bulldogs were a 2½-point dog and now they’re getting four times that amount because WKU has outscored its last two opponents by a combined 105-13 (that’s not a typo). Both teams have been outscoring conference opponents by nearly four touchdowns. The offensive skill on the field in this one is staggering, and points will go up. Home-field advantage gives the 'Toppers an obvious edge, but this is a fairer fight than the price suggests, which is our cue to move in on the underdog.

San Diego State -6 over WYOMING

Two weeks ago we were in on the Cowboys as a home underdog against the Aztecs and mirroring what transpired in Laramie earlier this season against Boise State, the Cowboys orchestrated the upset. The game was an instant classic, culminating in a 34-33 victory that resulted in the Cowboy faithful storming the field. However, let’s back track the chain of events in that contest. San Diego State managed to find the end zone on a Hail Mary but failed to convert a two-point conversion that would have won the game. We are not ones for juxtapose or hypotheticals but we suspect that had the Aztecs been successful, there would have been an entirely different discussion right now as to who would be playing the Aztecs for the Mountain West crown, let alone Wyoming’s competitive advantages and disadvantages.

We are also not in the habit of playing chalk and even more so of laying points on the road but when we see the public out in droves smothering a pooch, which in itself is a rarity, it prompts us to move in. There is likely a popular perception that the books are giving this one away. “How could Wyoming be getting a touchdown when they beat this exact same team in Laramie two weeks ago? Allow us to elaborate a t bit. San Diego State is the defending champion and even on a good day, it is hard for any team to beat the same team twice in the same season, let alone within a couple of weeks. Furthermore, San Diego State likely went in to Wyoming expecting to see the Cowboys team they are accustomed to seeing, the team that doesn’t win games of this caliber or consequence. San Diego State could have easily taken the Cowboys lightly. Furthermore, Wyoming gave up 56 points against New Mexico last week in Albuquerque as their follow-up effort. San Diego State has undoubtedly been studying the blueprint on how to unleash Donnell Pumphrey on this porous Cowboys defense that gave up 568 yards on the ground to the Lobos. The most important aspect however, is still value. In that respect, the Aztecs were a 10-point favorite here two weeks ago and today we only have to spot -6 when the Aztecs figure to be so much more prepared than they were two weeks ago. Wyoming had its day. It is now the Aztecs turn to have theirs.

Virginia Tech +10 over CLEMSON

We saw Clemson in this very same position last year at the ACC Championship Game when they were spotting a fair amount of points to the then Coastal Division Champions, North Carolina. A huge hype machine and stir of pandemonium came in with the Tigers, as they were undefeated and the #1 team in the country. The Tigers will come into this one as a one-loss, #3 ranked team but the fanfare hasn’t diminished one bit with Dashaun Watson and company. Clemson’s dominance over college football as a whole for the most part is something that has been well documented the past two seasons. This is a football team that has lost just two games in the previous two seasons and one of them was an instant classic in the College Football Playoff Championship Game against the current #1 and defending champion, Alabama Crimson Tide. Outside of that, Clemson was upset at home earlier this season against Pitt in a shocker when an underrated running back in James Conner dissected the Clemson defense for 132 yards and a touchdown. In addition, Pitt QB Nate Peterman was flawless, as he threw for 308 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions. In essence, the Panthers played a perfect game and out-dueled Clemson in the takeaway department by 3:1. Virginia Tech has the right ingredients to give this outfit a similar battle and maybe just maybe pull off the unthinkable.

The Hokies come in at 9-3 with some questionable results to their name complemented by some astounding outcomes as well. Va Tech has been a “Tale of Two Football Teams”. When the Hokies are on and bring their A-Game, they play as well as any team in America. Assertive wins against Miami and North Carolina on the road displayed just how dangerous these Hokies can be. Virginia Tech has a dual-threat talent at quarterback in Jerod Evans, who is comparable to what can be seen in the game of Dashaun Watson. Evans has thrown for 3,045 yards, 26 touchdowns and just five interceptions while completing 63.8% of his passes on the season. While these accolades are impressive enough, Evans has also rushed for 713 yards on the ground, while running it in eight times. Oh and there is one more toy in the Virginia Tech chest, Isaiah Ford. The speedy wide-receiver has been highly-touted by many NFL scouts and he is set to have yet another 1,000 yard receiving season with the full capability to still eclipse the 10 receiving touchdown mark as well. Clemson may not have an answer defensively for this kind of talent, as they struggled mightily against LaMar Jackson and Louisville, an offense featuring a similar style of play and strategy. If we’re looking at a shootout here, we’re very comfortable with the points. Furthermore, Va Tech has a good enough defense to limit the Clemson passing attack. When a college game is priced under 13 points, rarely will we play a team that we don’t trust to win outright. Tech is capable of pulling this one out and while Clemson truly deserves all the accolades, you would be paying a major premium to back them here, which is something we emphasize not to do. We’ll turn to the immense value in the points.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dennis Macklin

UL-Lafayette vs. UL-Monroe
Play: UL-Lafayette -6½

ULL can get Bowl eligible with a win here and this series has a definite M.O. The visitor is 14-2-1 ATS in the series and Lafayette 7-1 ATS L8. Monroe has been feisty in last couple but has allowed 34+ in seven of their last eight outings. Cajuns off heart stopping act of God win over Arkansas State in last to get here. The Cajuns have the best unit in the game with their defense and arguably the best player on the field in RB McGuire who has been dinged but gutting it out. Lafayette with just one win of 8+ points on the year but with their season on the line and in a rivalry game, looking for the Cajuns to conquer redzone problems and win this game by two scores.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Karpinski

Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky
Play: Over 80

The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs weren’t able to come through back in the month of September opening the year 1-3 overall against a challenging slate, but this group has looked better in CUSA action now standing 8-4 overall and 6-2 in conference heading into the title game. Louisiana tech had their 7 game winning streak snapped in their last outing as the Bulldogs fell to a veteran Southern Miss squad on the road by a final of 24-39. The Bulldogs have been one of the most dangerous offensive units in CUSA this season ranking 4th in the nation in passing and 6th in scoring average. QB Ryan Higgins has been tremendous this season passing for 3,706 yards and 34 TDs.

Louisiana Tech didn't have much on the line last week on the road and their performance showed. The Bulldogs were likely looking ahead to the conference title game where they'll get their shot this week to knock off the Hilltoppers. Western Kentucky has been putting up some big offensive numbers this season and this has the makings to be a shootout.

Posted : December 3, 2016 11:25 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: