Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Saturday, November 26th, 2016

55 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

Come out to Las Vegas for this free winner today, as I'll be in attendance for the UNLV-Nevada game at Sam Boyd Stadium. It's Rivalry Week, and this game is back where it belongs - being played this weekend. And while both are having somewhat disappointing seasons, the oddsmakers think UNLV is a near 10-point favorite in this one.

I think not.

Nevada is the decisive pup, with the line moving from 7 points up to 9.5. What people forget is the passion these two play with when facing one another. And last season the Rebels, under then-first year coach Tony Sanchez, went into Reno and took the Fremont Cannon back to Las Vegas, and splashed it with red paint.

If there is one game that will make this season all better for the Wolf Pack, one game that has been circled in blue all season - it's this game.

I do realize the Rebels have one of the best rushing attacks in the nation, but they also are down four starting wide receivers. That's a huge blow. Sanchez thrives on coming up with the big play, and it's something UNLV has missed, other than a triple-overtime win against Wyoming a few weeks back.

I think the Cannon stays in Vegas, and remains red, but I also think Reno covers this one, as it falls between 4 and 6 points.

1* NEVADA

Posted : November 26, 2016 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

If you like scoring, then Navy at SMU on Saturday afternoon is your game!

Navy has found the endzone for 42 points or better in 5 of their last 6 games, and the Over has banked in 5 of those 6 games as well. For the year, the Naval Academy has played Over the total in 7 of their 10 games in the books.

SMU has not been a prolific finding the endzone, but they have certainly improved on seasons past, and the Ponies are Over the posted price in 4 of their last 7 games played.

Last year's meeting between the teams saw Navy light up the scoreboard for 55 points, as the teams combined for 69 total points and the Over.

Not so sure the Mustangs defense will be able to contain the Midshipmen offense, so look for Navy to be right around the 50 point mark again this season. Conversely, the Mustangs are improved enough on the offensive side for me to see SMU scoring a few more than the two touchdowns they posted last season.

Playing the Over in this AAC battle from Dallas.

2* NAVY-SMU OVER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Not going to read too much into Vanderbilt's 38-17 upset win over Ole Miss last week, as the Rebels season went quickly down the tubes with the injury to QB Chad Kelly.

Vandy is a win away from being bowl eligible, but the Commodores just haven't shown enough offensive consistency for me to believe they can keep pace with the Volunteers in this game. Yes, Tennessee is dealing with a slew of injuries on defense, but that is nothing the prolific offense can't compensate for.

UT's offense has come up with 63 and 49 points in their last 2 conference games, and they also posted 55 three weeks ago against Tennessee Tech.

The bottom line is the Volunteers can score, and they will simply score a few times more than the 'Dores tonight in Nashville.

Remember, Tennessee also has something to play for, as they have a shot at going to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl this postseason.

The Vols have won 8 of the last 10 meetings, including the last pair. Last season Tennessee put a 53-28 licking on Vanderbilt, and a similar final tonight would not be much of a surprise to me.

Lay it with Old Rocky Top.

4* TENNESSEE

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

I've always been one to look for an underdog with value, and I can tell you that one of those pups I've annually looked forward to playing was the Utah State Aggies.

Not this season. It's a down year from the little giant in Logan, and it'll be a long day for the Aggies against BYU today in Provo, which is why I'm laying the points with the Cougars.

BYU has already locked up a Poinsettia Bowl invite and a winning season, but this is an in-state rivalry that has become heated over the years with the Aggies scoring upsets in two of the last six years, and a third game finishing 6-3 in favor of BYU.

The Cougars won last season in Logan, 51-28, and the Aggies are worse this season. Utah State hasn't won since Oct. 22, a 38-20 victory over Fresno State, which is also experiencing a down year. Four straight losses, and now the Aggies have to go see BYU - that is trouble.

BYU has won three in a row, getting stronger each week, with offensive outputs of 20, 37 and 51 points. Look for the Cougars to roll big here.

4* BYU

Posted : November 26, 2016 12:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FREDDY WILLS

Oregon vs. Oregon State
Play: Oregon St +125

Oregon State has been a good team at home this year, and they run the ball extremely well and against Oregon's defense they should be able to move the ball through the air as well. On the flip side Oregon State's defense can at least stop the pass. Oregon State should have both their running and passing game working against Oregon in this game and that will help them get this win at home. Oregon also coming off a big win against Utah and I think their head coach is likely out after this year regardless. Oregon State's program is starting to improve under Gary Anderson and I think this is the victory they need to close out the season heading into 2017!

Posted : November 26, 2016 12:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JOE D'AMICO

UCLA vs. California
Play: California +3

UCLA ranks 127th in the nation in rushing and once again start the very inexperienced, Mike FAFAUL fail at quarterback. The #3 aerial attack of the Cal, behind quarterback, Davis Webb (3994 yards passing, 61.2% completion rate, and 35 touchdowns) will light up at the depleted UCLA secondary here. The home team is 12-3-1 against read the L16 meetings in the series while the Bruins are 0-4 ATS the L4games played at the Bears.

Posted : November 26, 2016 12:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steve Merril

Oregon / Oregon St. Over 71

Oregon and Oregon State match-up well for a high-scoring game on Saturday afternoon. Oregon has a potent offense. The Ducks are averaging 36.5 points per game on 6.6 yards per play versus defenses that are only giving up 28.5 points per game on 5.9 yards per play. Oregon will now face an Oregon State defense that has been atrocious this season. The Beavers are giving up 31.1 points per game versus offenses that average 30.9 points per game on 5.9 yards per play. Oregon scored 52 points on 674 yards of offense against the Beavers last season.

Oregon State's offense has sub-par numbers this season, but they've played a tough slate of defensive opponents. The Beavers have faced defenses that only give up 28 points per game on 5.6 yards per play. Oregon State will now face a woeful Oregon defense that is giving up 42.1 points per game on 6.5 yards per play versus offenses that average 32.5 points per game on 5.8 yards per play. Oregon State scored 42 points on 427 yards of offense against the Ducks last season. We expect a high-scoring game between Oregon and Oregon State on Saturday afternoon.

Posted : November 26, 2016 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Michael

Vanderbilt +7.5

This is a perfect spot for the Commodores here since they are 13-5 ATS as dogs of 6 or more points and they are 9-3 ATS as home underdogs with revenge. Vandy also have big time motivation for a win to get bowl eligible while Tennessee already has 8 wins. Tennessee has to be on a big downer after Florida's win last week took them out of contention for the SEC title game so this game really is not important to them at all. Look for Vandy to keep this game close if not get the outright win.

Posted : November 26, 2016 1:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Nebraska Omaha @ Eastern Michigan
Pick: Under 161

Nebraska Omaha has gone UNDER in three of its four lined games this season while shooting 41.2 percent and averaging 75.2 points. Eastern Michigan is also averaging 75.2 points and shooting just 38.3 percent. The Mavericks have stayed UNDER in six of their last eight non-conference games dating to last season. Tre'Shawn Thurman leads Omaha with a 12.0 scoring average followed by Marcus Tyus at 11.2 points per game. Eastern Michigan lost its last game against a Division I opponent, 83-71 to Indiana-Purdue. The Eagles shot 36.8 percent and were led by Ray Lee, who scored 20 points on 5-of-15 shooting. Last season's meeting went UNDER by 11.5 points in Eastern Michigan's 80-73 win.

Posted : November 26, 2016 1:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joe Gavazzi

Duke at Miami
Play: Miami

Well aware that Duke HC Cutcliffe has crafted a fantastic 17-6 ATS dog mark, including 5-2 ATS this season. But last week, playing in a blizzard at Pitt, it became apparent to the Blue Devils that at 4-6 SU their defeat vs. the Panthers would have them missing the post-season party for the first time in 5 years. They “let go of the rope” and were “200 Clubbed” by the Panthers 467-268 in a 56-14 setback. Expect little more from the Dukies today against a Miami, FL team, whose season log looks like 0-4 SU ATS and now 3-0 SU ATS. Not much for comparative scores, but consider that when Pitt visited this field just 3 weeks ago, Miami won 51-28. This has a chance to get ugly!

Posted : November 26, 2016 3:16 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: