Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Sunday, November 20th, 2016

54 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

Let's get right to the point with this one, as I think the Arizona Cardinals will win outright in Minneapolis, stealing this one from the struggling Vikings.

Minnesota is mired in a four-game losing streak, and even though it is still 5-0 in NFC North play, it's not going to matter against a Cardinals team that had the league's No. 2 defense and No. 7 offense overall. Arizona also ranks third in points allowed.

The Redbirds also own an 11-2 all-time record in November under coach Bruce Arians, as he knows how important this time of the season can be.

Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald played high school ball in the Minneapolis area, and will be looking for his first win in the Twin Cities. He has 22 catches over his last two games, and I think he could have a couple of big plays coming his way.

This game will likely win in the trenches, however, and I'll take the Cardinals.

1* CARDINALS

Posted : November 20, 2016 12:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

My comp play for Week Eleven is the Under in the Arizona-Minnesota meeting at US Bank Stadium.

Arizona just held Under in their home game against San Francisco, and are now on a 3-1 Under run their last 4 games. For the season, the Redbirds have played Unders in 6 of their 9 games.

Minnesota is also 6-3 Under for the season, and also 18-7-1 Under since the start of last season. Included is last year's Under played in Glendale last December when the Cardinals beat the Vikings, 23-20.

The Minnesota offense has been gaining more yards lately, but they haven't been converting those yards into points, as the Vikings have been held to just 56 total points in their last 5 games of play.

With Minny down another O-lineman to injury (Jake Long), it's hard to imagine a fortress of protection around Sam Bradford, and it's also hard to imagine too many points being scored by the host.

Play Arizona and Minnesota Under the total.

2* ARIZONA-MINNESOTA UNDER

Posted : November 20, 2016 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free play for Sunday is on the Dallas Cowboys, laying the points to the visiting Baltimore Ravens.

And I'm going to make this brief, very brief.

The Dak Prescott-era is official, as Tony Romo is the backup. And as Prescott pushes the Cowboys closer and closer to the playoffs, today he and receiver Dez Bryant will be playing for a little more than the star on the helmet.

Bryant, who last week caught an emotional TD for his father, attended his pops' funeral and undoubtedly will be playing for him today. I'm not afraid to say something like this can shake a team up and inspire, and I think that'll be the case with this game.

Add in the running expoloits of Ezekiel Elliott, and the down year for the Ravens' normally tough stop unit, and I think the Cowboys are in line for a blowout win.

HINT: I think the Cowboys win in a low-scoring blowout, something like 24-7. Take Dallas.

5* COWBOYS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

Sunday's comp play winner is the Hawks in the NBA over the Knicks.

Believe it or not, New York has won and covered the last pair of series meetings between the teams.

That changes today, as Atlanta is off to a 9-3 start, and they are playing this game off a loss at Charlotte on Friday night that snapped a 6 game winning streak.

Expect Atlanta to get back into the win column today against the inconsistent Knicks.

New York saw their mini winning streak halted at 2 games with the loss at Washington on Thursday, and while they have had the extra day to get ready for this afternoon affair at the Garden, I don't think the talent matches up for the Knicks to extend the series win streak to 3 straight.

Dwight Howard has made a difference in the Atlanta lineup, and I look for the first meeting of the season between the clubs to land in Atlanta's favor.

Go with the Hawks as the small road favorite on Sunday afternoon.

4* ATLANTA

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SCOTT RICKENBACH

Blue Jackets vs. Capitals
Play: Over 5

The Capitals embarrassed me with a 1-0 win over Detroit Friday in a game in which I had the over. I should get some payback here on Sunday as the over is 10-5 the last 3 seasons when Washington comes into a game off of a shutout win. As for the Blue Jackets, they are red hot as they have won 7 of their last 9 games and have averaged 4.3 goals per game during this hot stretch. Before scoring just 1 goal Friday, the Capitals had averaged 3.1 goals per game in their last 10 games. Also, the Caps are seeking revenge for a 2-1 loss at Columbus on Tuesday and Washington had averaged 4.7 goals per game in their 3 prior meetings with the Jackets. In other words, an offensive explosion is fully expected here.

Posted : November 20, 2016 12:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MATT FARGO

Miami Dolphins vs. Los Angeles Rams
Play: Los Angeles Rams +2

Miami has won and covered four straight games foll owing a 1-4 start to the season but three of those wins came at home and the Dolphins were fortunate to win in San Diego last week. They benefitted from four Philip Rivers interceptions including the game winner that was returned for a touchdown with a minute remaining. Miami has been outgained in seven of nine games so the winning record is certainly skewed which makes the line today inflated. The Rams snapped a four-game losing streak with an ugly win against the Jets last week as the offense was inept once again. Surprisingly, during those four losses, Los Angeles won the yardage battle in all four games as the defense led the way once again. The stop unit is ranked No. 7 overall so the offense needs to pick it up and with Jared Goff set to make his NFL debut, this could be the spark it needs. Betting on a rookie quarterback in his first start may seem risky but it cannot get any worse at this point. The Dolphins are 1-6 ATS in their last seven games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game while the Rams are 4-0-1 ATS in their last five games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game.

Posted : November 20, 2016 12:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

Miami -1

Miami stayed in the San Diego area after its victory at Qualcomm last week. The Dolphins' last previous visit to play the Rams in L.A. was 30 years ago! But Miami always has fond memories of the Coliseum, where the Dolphins won Super Bowl VII to complete their perfect 17-0 season. The Rams are now 4-5 for this year, allowing 3, 32, 16 and 3 points in the victories. But the laboring L.A. offense has produced only 10, 10 and 9 points its last three games! Meanwhile, the Miami OL is coming together nicely, springing RB Ajayi (745 YR) like the Rams wish they could do for Todd Gurley. Insiders say Dolphin players have gained trust in rookie HC Adam Gase.

Posted : November 20, 2016 1:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Real Animal

Miami Pk

Leave it to the Rams to replace their starting quarterback after a win! Case Keenum gets the boot replaced finally by #1 pick Jared Goff. The Rams have issues. They are #31 in total offense and the O-line is not protecting the QB or opening holes for Todd Gurley, who is averaging just 3.1 yards per carry. Who would believe Miami’s Jay Ajayi would be #6 in the league in rushing and average 5.7 yards per carry? Meanwhile Ryan Tannehill is playing the best football of his career with 109 consecutive throws without an interception. The Dolphins have won four straight and they elected to stay in California all week after the win at San Diego last week. The Rams are 1-8 ATS following a win of three points or less under Fisher. Rookie Coach Adam Gase has done a nice job with the Dolphins so far. I think they can make it 2-for-2 on this west-coast trip.

Posted : November 20, 2016 1:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wundeerdog

Iona / Nevada Under 159.5

Iona will make the long trip to Nevada after opening the season having to travel to Florida. And their step up in class did not turn out so well as they were crushed by Florida State. They did not shoot very well in that game, and now they have to make another long trip and play at an altitude of 4,610 feet. That could be a deadly combination. And early in the season fatigue could be an issue, and the shots that didn't fall vs. Florida State may be tougher at this venue. Nevada has been very efficient so far on offense, but the average of 51 shots a game is very low, and the same efficiency is unlikely, so I think the total here is over-done as the pace of their three games has been below average.

Posted : November 20, 2016 1:54 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: