63 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Moore

Texans -3

Houston has a dual personality this season. Good at home and terrible on the road- with this game at home look for the good Texans to show up. They are 7-2 ATS as a home favorite including a perfect 3-0 this season and they will be extra fired up for a good game coming off of a bad loss last week. Indy has not looked very good this season managing to squeak out 2 wins against bad teams and they can't protect Luck who is getting beat up this season. Look for Houston's defense to dominate this one on their way to getting this win and cover.

Posted : October 16, 2016 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Real Animal

Oakland +2

I’m clueless why so many like Kansas City. I’m a diehard Chiefs fan at heart but see no reason why they are now favored in Oakland. KC has lost both road games this year and averaged just 13 points against Houston and Pittsburgh. They were very fortunate to beat San Diego at Arrowhead in the opener and their other win was against the feeble Jets. Big Ben torched their secondary two weeks ago. The normally solid KC pass rush has been non-existent with just five sacks on the season and only the Giants have fewer. Alex Smith has already taken 13 sacks compared to Derek Carr at five. Carr has an excellent 11-2 ratio while Smith is just 5-2. Jamaal Charles has been slow to regain his form after tearing an ACL about one year ago. Nobody has been better on the road than the Raiders at 3-0 and my philosophy has always been road success usually leads to home victories. Oakland is learning how to win the close game too. Plus they have double-revenge from 2015 including a 34-20 defeat here in a game the Raiders had a 27-15 edge in first downs and were +129 in total yards but lost the turnover war. The underdog is 4-1 straight-up this year in Raiders’ games and the puppy is 10-1 ATS in the last 11 Oakland games. The Raiders figure to be without running back Latavius Murray again but the 1-2 combination of DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard are productive replacements. KC 0-6 ATS since 12/16/2012 after a 10-point or more loss as an underdog. I’ll play contrarian today and back the Raiders.

Posted : October 16, 2016 12:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley

Redskins +3

At most offshore locations Washington actually opened as a one-and-a-half point home favorite so there has been a substantial swing even though Philadelphia is coming off their initial defeat (both SU and ATS) while rookie quarterback Carson Wentz is now faced with a second consecutive start on the "road". The OFFENSIVE LINE of Philadelphia is "not" at full strength as tackle Lane Johnson has been handed a drug related suspension while the Eagles as a team have lost 4 in a row against the Redskins in this series. While Wentz has been impressive it should be pointed out that in the past two years when facing quality passing offenses that on average complete at least 61-percent of attempts Washington has been gold (9-2 ATS) where it counts. In what I like to call an "intangible" there is positive karma regarding today's host as receiver Pierre Garcon and defensive end Ricky Francious both flew to hurricane-ravaged Haiti earlier in the week to deliver medical supplies. They flew on the private plane of Washington's owner who also joined them

Posted : October 16, 2016 12:48 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: