1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

Cleveland @ Washington
Play: Over 47

We look for a shootout here. After a terrible offensive showing in week 1 vs Philly, the Browns offense has played well the last 2 weeks. In hindsight, we understand the 10 spot vs the Eagle defense as they have been dominant allowing only 17 points in 2 games since. Cleveland actually outgained Baltimore & Miami each of the last 2 weeks and scored 44 points combined putting up 817 yards on the process. We really like the way the Washington offense is playing as well. They’ve scored 23 & 29 points the last 2 weeks and they’ve actually had chances to put up quite a bit more. They’ve left quite a few points on the field. To give you an idea, the Skins have punted only 4 times in the last 2 games. So we have two offenses that are playing well vs two bad defenses. Both stop units are allowing over 400 YPG and they sit at or over 6 YPP allowed. Cleveland has allowed 29, 25, and 30 points. Washington has allowed 38, 27, and 27 points. This number is set too low.

Posted : October 2, 2016 11:35 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Panthers/Falcons Under 49

Division games are always played closer to the vest and tend to be lower scoring because teams are so familiar with one another. That has certainly been the case in this series. The UNDER is 6-0 in the last six meetings between the Falcons and Panthers. They haven't combined for more than 44 points in any of those six meetings, and they are averaging just 38.2 combined points per game during this stretch. That's 11 points less than this 49-point total. There's clearly value with the UNDER in this game Sunday.

Posted : October 2, 2016 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Sunday freebie is the underdog Brownies plus the generous spot at Washington.

Yeah, Cleveland hasn't won yet this season in 3 tries, but the fact is Hue Jackson's team doesn't quit, and former USC quarterback Cody Kessler looked alright to me as he kept his team in the game last Sunday in an overtime loss (but spread cover) at Miami.

The Browns could very well catch the Redskins a little full of themselves after their comeback win against division-rival New York last weekend in North Jersey, in their draining 29-27 win. It should be noted that win came in the role of underdog. As favorite, Washington is 0-1 this season (loss to Dallas), and is just 1-7 now in that role since the 2014 season.

Washington was the winner of the NFC East last season, but they have looked anything but a defending division winner early this season.

Let's look for the 'Skins to survive in another close call.

Take the feisty underdog Browns to stay inside of this roomy impost.

2* CLEVELAND

Posted : October 2, 2016 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

My Sunday comp play release is to take the Seattle-New York game and play it Under the total.

First of all, Russell Wilson is not dealing at 100%, and his rebuilt offensive line hasn't done the best job at protecting him. True, the Seahawks were able to post 37 points their last time out, but that came against a San Francisco defense that has now given up 83 points in their last pair of games. The fact of the matter is the Seahawks played their last 4 regular season games last year, and 2 of their first 3 this year Under the posted total.

The Jets are coming off a paltry 3 point showing in their turnover-filled game at Kansas City, and if Ryan Fitzpatrick can't deal with Kansas City's defense, I am not sure how well he will handle having to deal with Seattle's stop unit?

My guess is we are looking at a game played in the mid-30's either way.

Seahawks-Jets Under.

4* SEATTLE-N.Y. JETS UNDER

Posted : October 2, 2016 11:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

My free winner is on the Over in the Baltimore-Oakland game.

It's pretty simple here, as we have two teams with agendas that will have them playing with a lot of vigor.

The Baltimore Ravens are one of the NFL's most pleasant surprises so far, but they're also catching a lot of flak due in larget part because their 3-0 start has come against teams with a combined one win.

Baltimore is getting things done with its offensive unit, as its defense is far from reminiscent of the Ray Lewis-led units. The Ravens are going to take advantage of a Raiders defense that will be playing its third road game - and fourth overall - in 22 days.

Oakland is going to have no choice but to play keep up, and will need its offense to be in high gear for this one. The Ravens are going to pressure the Raiders into a rather high-scoring game, and I think we'll see them in the 50s.

4* Raiders/Ravens Over

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

My free pick is on the Dallas Cowboys, laying just one a point in Frisco, against the sketchy 49ers.

There is too much ridiculous conversation in and around Big D about rookie quarterback Dak Prescott. He has been impressive while Tony Romo is sidelined, and now Cowboys fans believe the team is better off keeping him in the lineup when Romo is ready.

Well, I just know that every week we've seen Dak being Dak. This week he'll be challenged by a solid defense, which he has yet to face, but I think given this kid hails from the SEC, he'll be fully prepared for this game.

4* COWBOYS

Page 4 / 4
Share: