Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Sunday, September 4th, 2016

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

My free play for Sunday is on the Texas Rangers, laying the run line to American League West rival Houston. Though the Astros traveled just 250 miles for this series in Arlington, it hasn't been friendly with their Lone Star State, and division, rivals.

The top teams in the division came into this series with a combined eight-game win streak. But as I told you Friday, the Astros' struggles on the road ruined their mini-streak this weekend.

While I knew Houston had won five of its last six on the highway, it was still under .500 for the season while ordering room service. Now the 'Stros have lost the first two of this series and are stumbling. The Rangers have won seven in a row and 27 of 37 against division rivals.

With a chance to further distance itself from the pack, I'll take Texas.

4* RANGERS -1.5

Posted : September 4, 2016 12:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play winner for Saturday is on the Seattle Mariners over the Angels of Anaheim, and in this one be sure you're listing the scheduled starting pitchers: Hisashi Iwakuma and Matt Shoemaker.

While I know Iwakuma is 0-3 with a 5.63 ERA in his last three starts, it's one of those losses that has me playing this side today.

He suffered a 6-4 loss at Anaheim two weeks ago, when he allowed three runs (two earned) on six hits in seven innings. And the opposing pitcher was Matt Shoemaker. Today it'll be about revenge.

The right-handed Tokyo-import is 8-4 with a 2.84 ERA in 17 games against the Angels in his career, so look for revenge in this one.

2* MARINERS

Posted : September 4, 2016 12:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Carl Edwards vs Kyle Busch
Play: Carl Edwards -115

The Sprint Cup boys head to Darlington, SC, which is 15 minutes from my home. Carl Edwards was 7th fastest in final practice yesterday while Kyle Busch was way back in 29th. Carl Edwards is starting 3rd tonight while Kyle Busch will be back starting in the 6th position. Edwards has 1 win, 4 Top 5 finishes and 7 Top 10 finishes in his last 11 races here in Darlington. He has an average finish of 12.0 at this track. Kyle Busch has one win, 2 Top 5 finishes and 7 Top 10 finishes in his last 11 races here in Darlington. He has an average finish of 13.0 here at this track. We'll recommend a small play on Carl Edwards to finish ahead of Kyle Busch tonight!

Posted : September 4, 2016 1:43 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: