38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

HOUSTON +16 over Louisville

Yes, this game lost some of its luster ever since Houston somehow lost a game to SMU, but this number has got out of control so we’ll scoop the points. Ever since that blowout win over Florida State in September, Louisville has struggled as a big favorite, going just 2-4 ATS, including near losses to Wake Forest, Virginia and Duke. In all three of those games, the Cardinals either trailed or led by just one score in the fourth quarter and we see a similar situation unfolding here tonight. The Cougars have won 17 of their last 20 games at home straight up and have covered seven in a row as an underdog, including three instances when they were getting double digits. Houston is a tough team to blowout, especially on this field, and with no chance at the playoffs or a conference title, this IS the ONE game they have been zeroed in on for the last month.

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Louisville trailed Wake Forest 12-10 at home late last week before the Cardinals woke up and put the Demon Deacons away in a 44-12 final, but the Cards did not cover the big number. That win coupled with Clemson, Michigan and Washington losing was supposed to put the Redbirds back in the playoff bracket for the end of the season. It did not, and the Cardinals players are super pissed about it!

Question is, will that anger translate to a win and more importantly a cover on the road against a dangerous Houston team?

I do not think it will. Houston has struggled after blowing their chance to be in the "final four" when they lost at Navy back on October 8th. The Cougars are just 3-2 their last 5 games, and have failed ALL 5 against the spread, but remember that Houston has been the big favorite in ALL 5 of those pointspread failures. Tonight they get to in their preferred underdog role, a role in which they have upset Oklahoma in back on the first week of the season.

The Cougars are now 12-1-1 against the spread since 2013 when listed as the underdog, and that includes covers in BOTH previous meetings with the Cardinals. Last year Houston defeated Louisville 34-31 at Louisville as the +13 1/2 point road dog, and back in 2013 the Cougars covered as the +16 1/2 point underdog in a road 20-13 setback.

Expect Tom Herman to have his team motivated for this meeting, and expect it to be a doozy of an affair.

No blowout here. Take the Cougars plus the points.

3* HOUSTON

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

This winner in College Football is going to be too easy. I'm confident I will have you on the right side of this contest. Let's make money with my 60 Dime College Football Winner #4 of 5.

Headed to the NFL for your free play, as I like the home chalk in this NFC South showdown between the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers.

The Saints have the No. 1 offense in the league, but that doesn't scare me. Carolina ranks 12th, and this one is at home, with Cam Newton leading the charge.

And since the Panthers have the eighth-best pass defense, they're going to force Saints quarterback Drew Brees to make one too many mistakes, and it'll be Carolina's defense that wins this game for us late.
Take the home team here.

2* PANTHERS

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

After hitting the Indiana Pacers outright against the Cleveland Cavaliers last night, I'm on a 15-10 run with my complimentary plays. My free play for tonight is going to be the Houston Cougars in College Football action, as I think they stay within the number against the Louisville Cardinals.

I get it, the Cardinals are vying for a playoff berth, and they have an explosive offense. But I'm not so convinced they can just run away from a Houston team that is 8-2 on the year and 6-0 at home.

While the Cardinals score an average of 49.6 points per game, Houston is averaging 37.6 points per contest. And while the Cardinals may score 48.2 points per road game, the Cougars are stifling at home, allowing just 17.4 points in Houston.

Last season Houston beat this team in Louisville, so yes I'm sure there is revenge on the brain, but Houston might be better this year.

I'm playing the underdog based on its stellar defense.

3* HOUSTON

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Last night my free play was on the home underdog Philadelphia 76ers, against the struggling and ailing Washington Wizards. Easy winner as the Sixers won outright, and I improved to 13-8 with comp plays. Tonight I'm siding against the Sixers, as they hit the road for Minneapolis, where they'll face the Minnesota Timberwolves.

These are still the 76ers, and they're still 2-9 this year. As I told you last night, Washington is ailing, struggling and probably was looking ahead to tonight, against the New York Knicks.

The Sixers beat Indiana in overtime last Friday for their first victory of the season, snapping a 44-game losing streak in games played in October and November. But then they lost 117-96 the next night in Atlanta, and were beaten 115-88 Monday night in Houston, running their road losing streak to 20, something tells me this is a good spot to play against them, as the road losing streak is in effect, a letdown spot is a factor and the Timberwolves have found a groove.

4* TIMBERWOLVES

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

My comp play release for Thursday will be to take the double-digits with the 76ers as they play in Minnesota against the Timberwolves.

Break up the Sixers! Last night Philly won outright at home against the Washington Wizards, as the 76ers made it 2-2 straight up their last 4 games, and they covered for the 3rd time in their last 5 games.

Minnesota is just 2-5 straight up and against the spread their last 7 games, and the T-Wolves have had their troubles with this Philadelphia team in recent meetings, as the Sixers have won outright in 3 of the last 4 series meetings, and have covered in all 4 of those contests!

Based on those numbers I just spelled out, hard to make a compelling case for laying double-digits with the struggling Wolves.

Philly the play.

2* PHILADELPHIA

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Zack Cimini

Portland vs. Houston
Pick: Houston

The Rockets return home tonight to take on the Trailblazers after losing by two points last night against the Thunder. This is a solid spot for the Rockets to show their growth in particular star James Harden. Last February the Rockets lost to the Trailblazers in a back to back scenario in a game that was not indicative of the final score of 116-103. In a tough road environment look for the Rockets to take advantage of a Blazers team coming off a poor blowout home loss to the Bulls.

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

St. Bonaventure +13.5

Flying well under the radar once again is St. Bonaventure, well-coached as always by Mark Schmidt and already demonstrating a pretty sharp edge on the attack end, with three 20+-point scorers (Denzel Gregg, Jaylen Adams, Matt Mobley) in opening win over St. Francis-Pa. This game is being played at Lakeland, not Gainesville, so not the normal home edge for Florida.

Posted : November 17, 2016 7:01 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: