1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Indiana vs. Utah
Pick: Indiana +6

The Indiana Hoosiers played one of the most difficult schedules in the country. While they finished at 6-6, they saw four of those losses occur against Penn State, Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio State. They lost those four games by an average of 12.5 points per game, so they certainly were not embarassed. Despite all the tough games, the Hoosiers won the line of scrimmage by 61 yards per game. They throw the ball very well, and for a team that has been all offense in recent years, they are above average defensively, as well. Utah, at 8-4, grades out as an average team on both sides of the ball and appear statistically to be considerably over-rated, and things started to catch up to them after a 7-1 start, finishing 1-3. I think Indiana is slightly better on both sides of the ball, and Utah also fits into an ugly Bowl situation that is 36-70 ATS while the Hoosiers fit a situation which is 22-4 ATS in Bowl games.

Posted : December 28, 2016 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Iona vs. Delaware
Pick: Delaware +9

Iona is looking to win 20+ games for the eighth straight season, and at 8-4 they are well be on their way. While that may be true, they have not been a good team on the road. Over their last 70 road games, they are just 35-35 straight-up, including 2-2 this year. They have had the most problems on the road during these 70 games when posted as a road favorite of 8.5 points or more, where they are a woeful 1-6 ATS. Delaware has broken even on the season at 6-6. This has been a longterm problem for the Gaels, as they are 44-65 ATS in non-conference road games since 1997. Playing to a total in the 130s is not their sweet spot where they are 2-9 ATS.

Posted : December 28, 2016 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

North Carolina -16.5

Monmouth has a lot of talent, but overall have a tough time getting to the rim against physical teams like UNC. The talent gap is very large in this game and of course Monmouth does have the talent to cover if they hit a high conversion of their 3 pointers. If the long ball does not fall this team will be down and out before half time.

Posted : December 28, 2016 4:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

I'm ready to improve on this 23-13 run with free picks, as my complimentary winner is on the Colorado State Rams over the UNLV Runnin' Rebels.

First conference road game for the Runnin' Rebels, and it will be trouble. Colorado State is laying a cheap number to the Rebels, and I think we have nothing but value with the home team laying a couple of treys.

It's going to be freezing outside, and while I know they'll be playing indoors, there is still a chill to the bone to overcome, not to mention altitude. The atmosphere and environment will be hostile, and after being smothered by Kansas this past weekend, the Runnin' Rebels could struggle to find the bottom of the net in this one.

I like Colorado State to keep the Rebels at arm's length for most of this game, and pull away for the cover with late free throws.

2* COLORADO STATE

Posted : December 28, 2016 5:11 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: