4 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

25-Star NBA Situational Slam Dunk Game of the Year

Take: NEW ORLEANS HORNETS

New Orleans is a weak road team, but oh, are the Hornets tough at home (6-2) and a perfect 4-0 SU/ATS their last four home games. They have a full two days off before this one, coming home after a West Coast run. Emeka Okafor has been a force in the middle along with former All-Star David West up front, while forward Peja Stojakovic is back this game. All-Star guard Chris Paul is back at practice and could see some time, too. Minnesota (2-16) is a young team with all kinds of injury problems. Point guard Mike Conley (shoulder strain) is back but not 100%, while Timberwolves forward Kevin Love could make his season debut this weekend recovering from a fractured left hand. Young basketball teams often struggle on the road, and even the coach admits that: "Once again our youth and inexperienced was exposed," Wolves coach Kurt Rambis said after the last game. Minnesota is 3-10 ATS its last 13 games, and 3-6 ATS its last 9 at New Orleans. New Orleans is 2-0 SU/ATS its last two games as a favorite and on a strong 6-1 ATS the last 7 games, plus getting much healthier. The Hornets are 8-4 ATS the last 12 games as chalk of 11 or more points. A great spot for the fired up home team as the fans get to welcome back Paul. Play the Hornets.

Posted : December 4, 2009 8:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

7* Mich St -19

Posted : December 4, 2009 8:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Double Dragon

Central Michigan -13

Posted : December 4, 2009 8:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

10* Mac-Championship 2009 Birthday BASH!

I'm taking the points with OHIO. I won with Buffalo in last year's Mac Championship game. Not many were giving the Bulls much of a chance, as they were underdogs of greater than two touchdowns. Yet, they went on to record a convincing 42-14 outright victory, thanks in large part to having capitalized on turnovers. With the line having climbed from its opener, I feel that the underdog is also providing us with excellent value in this year's game.

Like Ball State last year, there is no denying that Central Michigan is talented. The Cardinals entered last year's game with a perfect 12-0 record. This year, the Chippewas come in with a 10-2 overall record and an 8-0 mark in the MAC. That's impressive. However, Ohio isn't far behind. Indeed, the Bobcats have quietly gone 7-1 in MAC play and 9-3 overall. After winning three straight close ones, the Bobcats pounded Temple by a score of 35-17 last week. Considering that the Owls had won nine straight and that they'd won their previous two games by a combined score of 103-30, dismantling them in such easy fashion was quite an accomplishment.

While the Central Michigan offense is admittedly potent, the Ohio offense has been getting stronger and stronger as the year progresses. The Bobcats have scored 75 combined points the past two weeks and have now scored 27 or more in three straight games. Defensively, the Bobcats are holding opponents to just 21.3 points per game. They're also allowing opponents to convert on only 35 percent of their third down chances.

I mentioned how turnovers helped the Bulls in last year's MAC Championship. Well, it's worth noting that the Bobcats have forced a whopping 35 turnovers this season. That includes 19 interceptions and 16 fumble recoveries. Conversely, while the Chippewas do possess an excellent defense, they've only forced 18 turnovers.

These teams played a very close game against each other last season. Ohio led 14-10 at halftime and Central Michigan won by a score of 31-28. The Bobcats had an edge in time of possession and total yards. The Bobcats, who are 14-6 ATS the last 20 times that they were getting points, are much better this season. I look for them to give the Chippewas all they can handle for the second straight year, improving to 7-1 ATS the last eight times that they faced a team with a winning record.

Posted : December 4, 2009 9:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

National Sports Service

3* C. Michigan -13 over Ohio

3* Washington -4 over Toronto

3* L.A. Lakers -11 over Miami

Posted : December 4, 2009 9:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SirDuke Sports

7* C. Michigan -13

Posted : December 4, 2009 9:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Antony Dinero

Ohio at Central Michigan
Pick: Central Michigan -13

Ohio senior QB Theo Scott has really developed a firm hold on the offense, and he'll be able to move quickly through his progressions and audible reads and get the Bobcats into what's sure to be a track meet. Leading the conference and among the national leaders averaging close to 35 points per game, CMU will set the pace, able to ride the arm and legs of Dan LeFevour to a MAC title. Considering this is a championship game, count on both coaches pulling out all the spots and this game being long. The Chippewas should wind up pulling away late and forcing a desperate Bobcats squad into a game-ending mistake. In addition to playing the over, lay the 13 and back CMU.

Posted : December 4, 2009 11:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

15 DIME - CENTRAL MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS - The world is unloading on the Chippewas in this game as the line continues to move up from it's opener of 10 1/2, and it wouldn't suprise me if it moves up to 14 by kickoff tonight.

I keep asking myself who the "right side" of this game is, and I just can't see any other way to go but Central Michigan.

First and foremost, Ohio is banged up big time off their Temple win as the training table was full of injured players.

Now they face a team that is playing perhaps their best football of the entire year and that is scary considering how good they have been all year.

CMU has covered every game this year but two, at Buffalo laying 9 1/2 they won by 7 and at Boston College they were beaten 31-10 in a game they out first downed the Eagles 22-18.

The Buffalo game was a weird game as CMU was up 20-10 in the 3rd quarter when lightning delayed the game for 39 minutes, thus crushing any offensive momentum they had.

This team has covered every double-digit number this year, including both times they were getting double digits.

How about 2-0 out of the box getting +15 at Arizona losing 19-6, and at Michigan State catching +14 1/2, and winning outright 29-27.

They laid 15 1/2 at home to Akron and won by 27, laid 10 at home to Bowling Green and won by 14, laid 17 at home to Toledo and won by 28 and laid 14 12 at Ball State and won by 32.

Last week they laid 13 at home to Northern Illinois and up 31-10 they coasted to the 45-21 win and cover.

Been a good run by Ohio and yes, they really did compete in a step up game at Tennessee where they stepped up and played well but fact of the matter is they are just outclassed in this game tonight.

If there is going to be a blowout, it will be Central Michigan doing the blowing out and I am not going to be on the wrong side of that mess.

Central Michigan is without question the right side of this game and I just like I have their last 3 games I just can't see them not winning this game by 17 or more.

If Ohio shows up, plays perfect football on a fast track and covers this game, I will tip my hat to Frank Solich's bunch, take my loss like a man and get ready for another winning Saturday.

For my dollar, that's the only way you have to roll tonight and it's the way I'm going.

FREE SELECTION - COLORADO BUFFALOES

Posted : December 4, 2009 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SportsBetsNow

1 Unit Lakers -11.5

Posted : December 4, 2009 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

FRIDAY MAC ATTACK

OHIO,U BOBCATS vs C. MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS (DETROIT,MI)
PLAY: C. MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS -13.5 FOR 3 UNITS

The Ohio,U. Bobcats have really come on as the season has progressed, and have played their way into the MAC Championship game against the Central Michigan Chippewas. The difference however has been facing a lot of poor to average offenses in the process. During their poor start, the Bobcats faced offenses that ranked as 4 of the 5 top offenses they would see this season, while in their final 7 played against offenses that ranked 114,111,100,89,85,79, and 43. That is an average of playing against teams that rank 89th out of 120 teams, and their defense was able to hold them off. The fact is, they played offenses that ranked from 38-51 not great offenses, but good ones in the 5 games they played against a team that was at least competent offensively. Those 5 games saw them allow 23,24,30,34, and 37 points! That is just about 30ppg. Enter CMU with Dan LeFavour with his 12,554 career passing yards, and nearly 3,000 rushing yards, and accounting for 145 TD's in his career, and it is an entirely different level for the Bobcats to deal with. CMU has played 5 home games, and has yet to score 45 or less, averaging 50.6ppg. I would be hard pressed to see Ohio, U. keeping them under 40, as offenses that were not nearly as potent, all put up big numbers vs this Bobcat defense. The problem is only Air Force, and TCU from non-BCS Conferences allow less points defensively than CMU, who ranks #16 in NCAAF in fewest points allowed per game. I like Central Michigan in this one.

Posted : December 4, 2009 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

30 DIMER - CENTRAL MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS
10 DIMER - XAVIER MUSKETEERS

30 DIMER - CENTRAL MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS

Just can't go against the Chippewas in this game, as this is their 3rd appearence in this game in the last 4 years, and they have already won and covered the other 2 championship games, including drilling Ohio back in the 2006 season.

I have my reservations with the Bobcats, as they have relied too much on the big play and the turnover this season, and the Chipps are a team that just won't beat themselves. Not only that, but Bobcats backup QB Theo Scott is wheeling around on a bum ankle. That just isn't going to cut it against Dan LeFevour who can light you up from pretty much anywhere on the field.

Eventually this game gets away from the Bobcats.

Central Michigan is 20-9 their last 29 tries when favored, and they have also gone 8-3 against the spread overall this season.

The moment is fitting for senior LeFevour and his team to capture another MAC Championship Game. Go ahead and lay the wood with the Chippewas.

10 DIMER - XAVIER MUSKETEERS

No, this isn't your same Xavier team that is going to make it look easy night in, and night out, but I think they will be just fine tonight against the Golden Flashes, especially at home where they seldom stumble.

The Musketeers just dropped their first pair of games over the weekend in the Old Spice Classic in Orlando, Florida. Losing to Marquette and Baylor is nothing to be ashamed of, as both are quality programs. This will be a step down in competition for the X-Men, and a big step up for Kent, as they haven't exactly been playing the Baylors and the Marquettes of the world to open their season.

Kent may be 5-2, but they have beefed up against the likes of Morehead State, Rochester, and Samford.

Look for Xavier to enjoy being back at home, and to come up with a big double-digit win and cover in this one.

Lay it!

Posted : December 4, 2009 2:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ANTHONY REDD

15 Dime - Ohio

Posted : December 4, 2009 2:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW