Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Anaheim vs Columbus Over 5.5

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

6* Widow Wise guy WVU/Cincinnati ESPN 2 "Total" BLOWOUT on WVU/Cincinnati OVER 53.5

With two explosive offenses Friday, the final score of this game should fly well OVER the posted total with no problem. Cincinnati just played in a shootout with Connecticut, edging out the Huskies 47-45 to remain unbeaten. We do not foresee 90 combined points in this one, but it's not out of the question to say the least. The Bearcats are scoring 40.0 points/game overall and 46.5 points/game at home. They'll take care of most of this total on their own. WVU scores 28.3 points/game on the season which is respectable, and defensively they have been poor on the road in allowing 28.0 points/game. Both teams have put up at least 23 points each in their last 2 meetings. We see that trend continuing tonight. The OVER is 7-0 in Mountaineers last 7 games as an underdog. The reason they are an underdog tonight is because Cincinnati cannot be tamed offensively. The OVER is 17-6 in Mountaineers last 23 games in November. The OVER is 5-1 in Bearcats last 6 games in November. Look for both offenses to be on top of their games tonight now that we are in the stretch run of the season. Take the OVER 53.5 points.

5* Wiseguy Lakers/Nuggets ESPN Late-Night BAIL OUT on L.A. Lakers +4

The Lakers are showing their best value of the season Friday. Yes, they played last night against Phoenix, but that game was such a blowout that L.A. was able to rest their starters for most of the 4th quarter. They'll still be fresh as they head into Denver tonight, and they'll take care of business against a team they have owned. The Lakers are 14-3 SU & 12-5 ATS in 17 meetings with Denver over the last 3 seasons. You will rarely find the Lakers as an underdog, but when you do you should certainly take notice. L.A. is 12-2 ATS (+9.8 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons. Take the Lakers and the points.

4* on Houston Rockets -4.5

This is a mismatch Friday as the Rockets continue playing superb basketball to start the 2009 season. Sacramento is without their two best scorers due to injury, with Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia each watching this one from the bench. The Rockets' only losses this season have come against the Lakers, Blazers and Mavericks, three teams that are arguably the best teams in the West. Sacramento is far from that, though they have played well of late. After 3 straight wins, the Kings are certainly being overvalued here tonight. Houston is 3-0 SU & 3-0 ATS in their last 3 meetings with Sacramento, winning by at least 11 points in all 3 games. Take Houston and lay the points.

4* on Utah Jazz +2

After Utah's slow start to this season, the Jazz are now showing excellent value. They would usually be a road favorite here against the 76ers, but their slow start has them going under the radar and the odds makers have adjusted this line accordingly. The 76ers have faced only 1 team from the Western Conference, and that resulted in a home loss to the Phoenix Suns. There's no question the West is more stacked from top to bottom, and Utah remains one of the better teams in the West despite their start. Utah is 19-5 SU & 15-8 ATS in their last 24 meetings with Philly. They have won all 4 meetings over the last 3 seasons, including two wins in Philly. The 76ers are 0-9 ATS (-9.9 Units) in home games versus good passing teams, averaging >=23 assists/game over the last 3 seasons. Take Utah and the points.

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Portland (-3) for 1.5 Units

We believe it was a hasty decision to fire Byron Scott moreover, an even worse decision to have GM Bower appoint himself as head coach while appointing NBA retread Floyd as his assistant. The players are not thrilled about it and should play with confusion as Bower attempts to put a stamp on reorganizing his players. Meanwhile the Blazers are rolling on a 4-0 run and should deliver. Portland is 9-2 ATS as road chalk, 5-0 ATS vs a team below .400, and 7-0 ATS on Fridays. New Orleans, on the other hand, doesn't play the dog role well at 8-23 ATS, just 2-6 ATS on 1day of rest, 2-7 ATS vs teams above .600, and 0-5 ATS on Fridays. Portland has covered 5 of the last 7 in this series and we'll grab them here.

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play West Virginia (+9.5) over Cincinnati

West Virginia has won 11 of the last 12 games after having won two of the last three games and they have also won 20 of the last 25 games when playing after the 1st month of the season. West Virginia has won 6 of the last 7 games when playing in weeks 10 through 13 and they have also won 16 of the last 18 games coming off a loss against the spread.

100* Play Akron (+4) over Temple

Temple has lost 8 of the last 9 games coming off a Thursday game and they have also lost 6 of the last 7 road games when the total posted is between 42.5 and 49 points. Temple has lost 22 of the last 30 games coming off an OVER the total and they have also lost 21 of the last 23 games after allowing 325 passing yards or more in their last game.

NBA Basketball

100* Play Philadelphia (+1) over Utah

Utah has lost 18 of the last 24 road games against the spread coming off an OVER the total and they have also lost 11 of the last 13 road games against the spread after failing to cover the spread in three of the last four games.

50* Play Orlando (-16) over New Jersey

New Jersey has lost 8 consecutive games this season and they are only averaging 86 points a game on offense in all games this year.

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Pacific (-4) over Pepperdine

Pacific has won 9 of the last 12 games as a road favorite and they have also won 2 consecutive games when playing on a Friday Night.

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

4* Denver Nuggets -4 **POD**
3* Houston Rockets -5
3* Temple -5.5 (NCAAF)
3* Chicago -0.5 -120 (NHL) Must win in regulation or the play is a loss
2* Denver +5 (CBB)
2* South Fla -1 (CBB)

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

10 Units: Akron +5.5

You may ask why would you want to make a play as big as that on a 2-7 team against a 7-2 team, but my friend I am here to tell you I feel like I know this Temple team really well as I have bet on or against them a few times this year and am perfect with them. Pierce is a load of a man for Temple, but that is all they have and those legs are tiring carrying 30+ times a game. Akron comes off a big home win against a decent Kent teamwhere they put up over 400 yards and look to continue their decent homeplay. The key to this game will be Nicely against the Temple secondary, where if Akron O line will hold up, I like Nicely to pick apart this awful secondary of Temple. On the other side, Akron can put 8 to 9 in the box, and make Temple beat them through the air, which I feel they cant. Therefore, I see a possible low scoring game, with Akron pulling out the big home win here against a Temple team that has played over its head all year.

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

Minnesota +197
Anaheim +103
Calgary +116
Toronto +183

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Savannah Sports

2 * Cincinnati Over 55.5

Eric Degarde

2* Minnesota Under 198
2* Sacramento +4.5

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

50 units Cincinnati -9.5

5 units Temple -4.5

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

7* Friday Feast

AKRON ZIPS (+6) over Temple Owls

I'm taking the points with AKRON. I successfully played against Temple last week. The Owls were laying 17 points and they only won by two. While I respect the Owls, I feel that they're over-valued once again and that this will prove to be a difficult spot. The Owls, who will be playing their third road game in the past four weeks, have now seen back to back games decided by three points or less. Their next two games come against Kent State and Ohio, the two schools directly behind them in the MAC East Division. In other words, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine them looking past "lowly" Akron. The Zips have admittedly had a disappointing season. However, I believe that they're more talented than their record indicates and they put it all together last week. In that game, they beat Kent State outright, winning 28-20 as +3.5 point underdogs. After having played three straight on the road, they're playing their second straight home game here. Last week's victory will provide some confidence and I expect them to be fired up to play a Friday night home game on "ESPNU." While the Owls covered at Eastern Michigan earlier, they're still 4-6 ATS the last 10 times that they were listed as road favorites. During that stretch, the Zips have gone 5-3-1 ATS as home underdogs in the +3.5 to +7 range. Its also worth noting that the Zips are 15-5 SU their last 20 home games played in November and that each of their last two November home losses have come by only three points. I expect this one to also come down to the wire. *7 Friday Feast

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

Legend - Denver Nuggets

Posted : November 13, 2009 4:55 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: