Topic starter

Young Gun Sports

3* Toronto -3.5

Posted : November 20, 2009 12:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

15 DIME - UTAH STATE AGGIES - Inflation.

Off their huge blowout win at home against Idaho, the linemaker has over-adjusted this number tonight at Utah State.

Lost in the shuffle of Boise State's 63-25 win was the fact Idaho put up over 500 yards total offense.

Idaho had the 17th best overall offense in college football while Utah State brings in the 20th and unlike Idaho having to play at Boise, Utah State gets them in their house.

Over their last 14 games on the vegas board the Aggies are 11-2-1 including a 7-0-1 run as an underdog.

Bottom line for my dollar is I don't trust this Boise State team as far as I can throw them, and asking them to lay this kind of number on the road is downright disrespectful to Utah State.

Utah State has one of the better coaching staff's in college football and I truly feel they will outcoach and outthink the overrated individual on the Boise sideline in Petersen.

I'm going to war with a big home dog I feel can score points and will find a way to stay inside the number tonight.

5 DIME - BOWLING GREEN FALCONS - (If 10 1/2 you buy the half, and lay 10. Never get beat by the hook when dealing with 3, 7, 10, 14, 17) - Long night for Akron.

Tonight is about Tyler Sheehan and Freddie Barnes.

Now I am aware of the good pass defense numbers Akron has, but anybody would have those kind of numbers when you can't stop the run.

Why should teams pass when they can run all over this Akron defense ranked in the bottom 20 of Division One?

I am also aware of the tough run at home for Bowling Green as they have gone 1-3 SU and ATS, but let's examine who those games have been against.

They beat Troy at home to start the year 31-17, and then have lost to Boise State, Ohio and Central Michigan.

Well Boise is ranked inthe top 10 while Ohio and Central Michigan are playing for a shot at the MAC Championship Game.

So as you can see, this is a true step down for Bowling Green at home against a team they can handle and I truly see a 2 touchdown win.

Akron has a true freshman QB on the road against an improving defense, and I just feel everything lines up nicely for Bowling Green at home to get their 6th win and another step closer to bowl eligibility.

It would be a crying shame folks if the nations # 1 wide receiver didn't end his career getting to play in a bowl game but trust me, it's not going to happen.

The Falcons are going to take care of business tonight over Akron, drill Toledo at home to close out the year and at 7 wins, get to go bowling.

Akron may hang around in this game early, much like they did last week versus Temple but just like that game, the cream rises to the top and in this case, it's Freddie Barnes at home.

5 DIME - ATLANTA HAWKS - I said on Wednesday, you don't start rolling into Boston as a double-digit road dog, and beat the Celtics by double digits unless you are playing your best basketball of the year.

I jumped on the Hawks against the Blazers on Monday night, and they got it done for me in OT, and I came right back with them against the Heat and they cruised to a double digit win.

I said going into Monday that Atlanta was on a tear since their double-digit loss at Charlotte, a game I had the Bobcats as a 5 dime winner.

With exception of that no show by Atlanta, they have now covered every single game this year. Think about that folks.

Atlanta has won their 5 home games this year by 11 over the Pacers, 11 over the Wizards, 25 over Denver, 23 over the Hornets, covering the 3 1/2 over the Blazers and the Heat by 15. .

Now they catch the Rockets off a nice win at Minnesota, but I just don't see Houston being able to stay within single digits of this Hawks team.

Atlanta has been good to me, and I truly believe they relish the new found fame as having the best record in the NBA and they will look to keep it that way with another double digit home win and cover.

FREE SELECTION - MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Posted : November 20, 2009 12:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

25* CFB Blowout GOY

After losing at home to Ohio U 44-37 on October 3, the Falcons were just 1-4 and any hopes of bowl eligibility were basically 'dreams.' However, the Falcons have won FOUR of their last five games (all four wins came on the road) and now have two home games remaining vs 2-8 Akron and 4-6 Toledo, meaning a 7-5 finish is more than realistic. QB Tyler Sheehan has thrown 12 TD passes (just three INTs) for an average of 310.8 YPG while adding two rush TDs in Bowling Green's last five games. WR Freddie Barnes caught 10 passes for 109 yards with two TDs plus ran 19 yards for aƒ third TD a week ago Thursday at Miami-Ohio. He has a chance to set an NCAA record for receptions in a season. Manny Hazard had 142 receptions for Houston in 1989 and after 10 games, Barnes has 117 catches. He's caught 64 passes for an average of 168.2 YPG with 10 TDs the last five games. He may catch Hazard after 12 games but would surely do so if the Falcons play in a bowl game. Akron limps in at 2-8 (in the MAC). The Zips are just "playing out the string." They are averaging a sad-sack 18.3 PPG on the season (108th) and only 287.1 YPG (114th). Akron is rushing for just 105.7 YPG (3.2 YPC) which ranks 105th and its leading rusher has just 244 yards. Three QBs have started in 2009. Three-year starter Chris Jacquemain began the season but was suspended after three games. Sophomore Matt Rodgers took over but suffered a season-ending injury and now freshman Patrick Nicely has the job (he's surely no Sheehan). The Akron pass D is not bad but stopping a red-hot Sheehan and Freddie Barnes is another story. The Falcons have played just four home games in 2009 and while they are just 1-3, the losses have come to Bosise St (no explanation needed), Ohio (7-3 overall, 5-1 in the MAC) and CMU (9-2 overall, 7-0). This just in. The Zips have NOTHING in common with those schools. The Zips couldn't stop Temple's rushing game last Friday (54-248) in a 56-17 loss and this Friday, will be done in by Bowling Green's passing combo of Sheehan-to-Barnes. CFB Blowout GOY 25* Bowling Green.

Posted : November 20, 2009 12:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trey Scott

*200 Northern Iowa -9

*200 Boston College -8

Posted : November 20, 2009 12:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAS

All one unit

Det -1

IUPI -2.5

Ga St -.5

Van +5

Ga Tech -5.5

Posted : November 20, 2009 12:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lucky Day Sports

AKRON at BOWLING GREEN

Another MAC Conference matchup goes off tonight, and I personally don't see any reason why the Falcons won't grab themselves an easy win against the struggling Zips.

Bowling Green is in line for a bowl bid if they win this one tonight so there should be a big motivation advantage on their side.* Plus, the Falcons have won two straight in this series.

Akron starts a true freshman at QB, and I just don't trust he will be able to keep up offensively with Bowling Green's combo of QB Tyler Sheehan and WR Freddie Barnes.

Akron is just 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games as a road underdog, and I believe they will fail miserably tonight.* Look for Bowling Green to grab a convincing win.

PICK: BOWLING GREEN

Posted : November 20, 2009 1:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000♦ - Boise State Broncos

Interesting number tonight, as on the surface the Aggies sure look like a "live dog", as the Aggies do bring in an 11-2-1 spread mark their last 14 on line, and a 7-0-1 spread mark their last 8 tries in the underdog role!

The problem is, Boise State is not likely to let up here, as the # 6 Broncos know they are probably on the outside looking in as far as the BCS talks are concerned. Here is a chance for the Broncs to put a licking on a "decent" opponent to impress the pollsters, and I don't think they will fail.

Boise State is 8-3-1 against the spread their last 12 times laying 20-points or more, and they just covered a 32-point impost last week against Idaho.

Yes, this impost does leave plenty of back door room for the host, but Boise is a perfect 7-0 straight up since 1999 versus the Agggies, and 6-0-1 against the spread in those 7 meetings.

Boise delivers the KO punch tonight in Logan.

500♦ - Eastern Michigan Eagles

I realize that the Eagles are a winless 0-10 this season, and I also realize that they have been manhandled a-plenty this season, but I will back them tonight to cover this number at Toledo.

My feeling is Toledo will NOT get on top of this impost!

The Rockets have lost 3 in a row both straight up, and against the spread, and senior QB Aaron Opelt is doubtful with a shoulder injury, and you saw what happened last night when Oklahoma State had to use their backup QB's against Colorado as the heavy chalk!

Toledo has failed their last 3 this season when laying the wood, and this wood is more like a cord of wood tonight for the Rockets to cover.

The Eagles have tonight, and next week at Akron now standing between them and a winless season. Expect the best effort the Eagles can muster in order to avoid the season collar.

Take the points.

Posted : November 20, 2009 1:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

15 Dime EASTERN MICHIGAN
5 Dime EMU/Toledo UNDER
5 Dime GRIZZLIES

15 Dime EASTERN MICHIGAN - This game kind of reminds me of Sunday's upcoming NFL matchup between the Browns and Lions. It's bad versus bad and when that's the case you usually want to side with the underdog. That's my thinking in this game.

Eastern Michigan is motivated not to finish winless. I'm not sure Toledo has any motivation following last week's disheartening loss to Central Michigan. The Rockets were thoroughly battered, 56-28. It was their third consecutive defeat. The week before Toledo lost to previously unbeaten Miami of Ohio.

The Rockets quit at the end of last season and they very well could quit again. I don't trust their makeup.

My entire handicap to the 'dog is based on fading Toledo. The Rockets have a terrible defense and a revolving door at quarterback. They have no business laying this many points in a conference matchup. The Rockets have failed to cover the past six times they've been favorites of more than 10 1/2 points.

Toledo has allowed an average of 38.6 points in its five home games. The Rockets can't stop the run or pass. They rank 105th in total defense.

In the past five games, the Rockets have used five different players behind center. Senior Aaron Opelt, the regular starter, re-injured his right shoulder during last Wednesday's loss to Central Michigan. He may see some time, but he won't start. Freshman Austin Dantin is expected to start.

5 Dime UNDER EMU/Toledo - Yes we have two terrible defenses matching up. But these offenses are nothing to brag about, especially in the case of Eastern Michigan.

The Eagles rank 117th in points scored per game (15.5) and in total offense (275 yards).

Eastern Michigan has received terrible quarterback play and its best runner, Dwayne Priest, averages a pedestrian four yards per carry. Still, look for Eastern Michigan to stay on the ground in an effort to keep Toledo's offense off the field.

Toledo's defense is capable of making big plays. The Rockets have forced 16 turnovers and recorded 18 quarterback sacks. They just can't stop anybody in the red zone where they've allowed opponents to cash in on 90 percent of their opportunities. I just don't think Eastern Michigan is going to be in the red zone enough to justify this high of a total.

Toledo has a much better offense than Eastern Michigan. But this offense is in somewhat disarray because of the quarterback situation. It appears freshman Austin Dantin is going to get the start instead of senior Aaron Opelt, who is nursing a shoulder injury.

5 Dime GRIZZLIES - Memphis has won two in a row beating the Timberwolves and Clippers at home by a combined 25 points.

The Grizzlies rank second in rebounding. The 76ers rank 22nd in rebounding and are without Marreese Speights.

But the major part of this handicap is fading the 76ers believing they are overrated based on this line.

Only once in their last six games have the 76ers broken the 90-point barrier. They are averaging 86.5 points in their last four games.

In their last nine games, the 76ers' wins have come against the Knicks in overtime, the Nets by three at home, the Nets by three on the road and by two at home against the Bobcats. The combined record of the Knicks, Nets and Bobcats is 5-29.

I'm not a fan of Grizzlies' point guard Mike Conley. But I'm also not sold on the 76ers' new point guard Lou Williams. The 76ers have averaged 17 1/2 turnovers in their last two games. They are playing sloppy, missing Speights' inside scoring and have problems incorporating Elton Brand into their system.

Philadelphia is 1-7 against the spread in its last eight games. The 76ers have failed to cover in their last five home games.

Posted : November 20, 2009 2:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

Montreal +186

Colorado +153

Posted : November 20, 2009 2:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

4* Murray State -6 *POD*
3* NC State +1.5

4* Oklahoma City UNDER 196.5

Posted : November 20, 2009 2:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

6* Widow Wiseguy CFB F riday Night "Total" BLOW OUT on EMU/Toledo OVER 64

This is a big total, but it won't be a problem for EMU and Toledo to reach the OVER when this one is all said and done. EMU gives up 38.4 points/game for the season, including a ridiculous 48.2 points/game on the road. Toledo gives up 39.3 points/game this season, but they are putting up 31.0 points/game at home. Look for Toledo to put up nearly 50 points in this one and EMU to top 25 points in what is an inevitable shootout. The last meeting in Toledo saw 80 combined points with a 52-28 Toledo victory. Toledo is 24-8 OVER (+15.2 Units) in home games since 1992. The Rockets are 15-3 OVER (+11.7 Units) in home games after playing their last game on the road since 1992. Take the OVER 64 points.

Posted : November 20, 2009 3:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Toledo -16

Posted : November 20, 2009 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Best Sport Service

College Hoops