2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRYAN LEONARD

FRIDAY ESPN2 WAC SHOWDOWN

Boise State at Louisiana Tech

The Bronco's quest for an undefeated season continues as they head to Ruston to face the Bulldogs. Despite being a fan favorite and a bookmakers nightmare the Broncos continue to beat the pointspread. This is a team that is 6-1 ATS this year and 80-44 ATS over the past 10+ seasons. Simply put, the Linesmaker just cannot make the pointspread high enough in Boise State games. And we see no reason to buck the trend here as the Broncos have gone 8-2 ATS on the road as of late. Boise is known for their offense but defensively this team has been outstanding. They have only permitted one team to score more than 21 points in any game, and they still won that contest by 17 points. Boise State has dominated this series winning by margins of 35, 14, 41, 17 and 41 points the past five meetings.

Louisiana Tech just lost two back to back games that came down to the wire against Idaho and Utah State. Last week they lost their best receiver and running back to injury. Daniel Porter and Phillip Livas are both questionable this week for the Bulldogs. Those two are in addition to many other injuries on this team that has really taken away the depth of this club. Livas had already suffered a turf toe injury prior to the Idaho game, he's not only their best pass catcher but also their star return man. If either of these two are not close to 100% this week it will be extremely hard for Louisiana Tech to remain competitive here.

The Bulldogs are a very good team playing in Ruston but this team is just a shell of themselves at this point. They have been outgained in yards per play in 5 of the 7 FBS games they have played this season. The only time they held an advantage was against Hawaii and New Mexico State. Needless to say Boise State is far superior to those two squads and they still feel slighted in the BCS rankings. If Boise can run up the score they will, and a national television audience is the best setting to do so.

PLAY BOISE STATE

Posted : November 6, 2009 7:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

5* Pot of Gold

Boise State vs. Louisiana Tech
Play: Louisiana Tech

Bulldogs HC Derek Dooley is doing a tremendous job with his program and his Dogs are catching Boise State in a perfect situation on their home field in this WAC affair. This is LaTech's only home game in a month as they played their past two on the road and will also play the next two on the road. Boise State is on the road for the third time in a four week span including a trip to Hawaii. Ruston, Louisiana is a very tough place to play and the Broncos will have all they want on Friday Night as the Bulldogs will be ready for their Game of the Year !

Posted : November 6, 2009 7:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kyle Bales

15* Wizards -1

10* LA Tech +21.5

5* Heat +1.5

Posted : November 6, 2009 7:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

CHARLIE

500* Charlotte +3
500* Clippers @ Golden St Over 216
500* Boise St @ La Tech Over 50'
30* Boise St -21
20* Suns @ Celtics over 205'
20* Bucks @ T Wolves under 184'
10* Chicago @ Cleveland Under 187
Cleveland -8 Free Play

Posted : November 6, 2009 10:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - BOISE STATE BRONCOS
10 DIMER - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

20 DIMER - BOISE STATE BRONCOS

Really a "no brainer" to me, as Boise State MUST win, and win big if they wish to be participating in a BCS Game come January. The Broncos know TCU is also undefeated, and rolling strong, so expect Chris Peterson's team to take no prisoners as they battle the Bulldogs tonight in Ruston.

Tech just blew a sure win at Idaho on Halloween, and it is going to be tough for them to get back up for this game after the air went out of their balloon last weekend.

Boise State has covered all but 1 of their games this season, and they have also covered 9 of their last 10 lined road games.

The Broncos are on a 7-game series win streak versus the Bulldogs, and they have covered in 4 of their last 5 wins over La-Tech.

Yes, it is a big road impost, but you must lay it!

10 DIMERS - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

Good spot for the Wolves to notch a win, as this impost is small enough that an outright win would pretty much give us the cover.

Both teams are pretty evenly matched, as Milwaukee comes into this one at 1-2 straight up, with both losses coming away from home.

Minnesota is off to a 1-4 start, but they have been competitive at 4-1 against the math.

Looking at the series numbers, Minny has won 3 in a row, and they have covered in 2 of those 3.

I will back the T-Wolves to come through minus the small number at home.

Posted : November 6, 2009 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

40 Dime - Boise State-Louisiana Tech OVER
15 Dime - BLAZERS
10 Dime - NUGGETS

BOISE STATE/LOUISIANA TECH OVER --- Is it just me or is this line extremely too low? It seems as if every weeknight college football game has a really high total, yet the game fails to reach the number and comes in easily UNDER the total. Even last night's featured college football game, ECU/Virginia Tech, was supposed to be high scoring, yet ECU couldn't find the end zone and the total was a very simple under. Tonight, however, I believe this total (currently at 50 at the time of this writing) is much too low. In my estimation, Vegas is placing way too much stock in the fact that Louisiana Tech has allowed less than 10 points per game in three home games so far this year.

But a further look inside those three home games finds blowout wins over Hawaii, New Mexico State, and FCS school Nicholls State. No wonder this team looks so dominant, defensively, at home. Louisiana Tech and defense don't really belong in the same sentence, do they? Did you see last week's game with Idaho? 35-34 final. Lowly Utah State scored 23 on them the week before, and that squad isn't one-third of the offense Boise State will bring to the table tonight. You can twist the numbers how ever you want, Louisiana Tech allows almost 400 yards per game and 24 points per contest.

Boise's offense is currently clicking on all cylinders, scoring 41 PPG, including 99 in their last two games. QB Kellen Moore is one of the best QBs in the country that no one's talking about. Moore has thrown for nearly 2000 yards, 24 TDs and an astonishing 2 INTs. But, if for some reason, Moore isn't on his game, the Broncos have three RBs who are more than capable of getting the job done (186 yards per game). With Louisiana Tech giving up just as many rushing yards per game as Boise State is gaining, the writing is on the wall.

As for L. Tech, it's not like they can't score points. The Bulldogs score 27 PPG, mostly behind the arm of QB Ross Jenkins. Though he doesn't get the attention that Kellen Moore does, Jenkins is still a solid gunslinger that has thrown 11 touchdowns vs. just 4 INTs this season, and had a picture perfect game vs. Idaho last week, throwing for 220 yards and three TDs in that 35-34 loss. The Bulldogs also did a nice job of running the football, carrying it 47 times for 222 yards and a TD, but somehow still managed to lose. How? Because they have no defense.

You take into account that Boise State scores at will, Louisiana Tech can't stop anyone, but they're more than capable of playing catchup and this game should be over the total in the 3rd quarter. Also keep in mind that these two teams have combined for 6 special teams touchdowns and I see absolutely no way this game stays under the total. Top play of they day on the OVER in tonight's college football game.

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS --- I played against the Spurs last night and won with ease as San Antonio was never really in that game. Utah pretty much led by double digits throughout and cruised to their second win of the year. Meanwhile, I think I saw something in San Antonio last night that I haven't seen in a long time... a lack of toughness. Tim Duncan looked soft and was beaten up by Carlos Boozer much of the night. Manu Ginobili must still be having lingering effects of "hitting the bat" because he looks slow and very average on defense. Tony Parker is still Tony Parker, but he can't carry this team by himself. Were the Spurs possibly looking ahead to tonight's matchup? Yeah, it's possible, and that's actually what I included in my analysis. So, now they get the matchup they were looking forward too, only I don't think they really want to face Portland right now the way they're playing.

The Blazers are fresh off a three day rest since their last game and they're already 1-0 when coming in fresh. The Spurs, on the other hand, are 0-1 ATS so far when playing on back-to-back nights and they haven't covered either of their two road games to date (not to mention they've lost both road games SU). It's pretty clear to me... Vegas is still in love with the Spurs and it shows in their lines. I'm sorry, but I've seen them twice and haven't been impressed either time. They aren't the Spurs of old and when Vegas finally realizes that, the lines will surely change. Until then, we'll play against them. The Spurs are just 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. teams from the Northwest and Portland has won two straight vs. San Antonio at home. The Blazers will win this one by 8-10 points, easily giving us our cover tonight.

DENVER NUGGETS --- How can you not back the Nuggets right now? They are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now (at least offensively) and have won three straight games by double digits. Their other two wins were by nine and three points, respectively, but those wins came against Utah and Portland. The Nuggets have beaten good teams and bad teams and haven't skipped a beat, scoring well over 100 points in four of their five wins. Carmelo Anthony is off to a hot start in the scoring department, Nene is cleaning the glass and you have to love how the Nuggets are using their guard depth off the bench to keep Chauncey Billups fresh. And if you're wondering about their defense, though it's clearly not as good as Boston's, they have kept three of their five opponents under 100 points and twice limited teams to less than 40% shooting.

Meanwhile, Miami is also off to a hot start, dropping just one game in their first five. However, their wins haven't been nearly as impressive and they haven't played as tough a schedule as Denver has. So it's really not fair to compare these two teams on a even playing field yet because it's too early in the season. All I can do is take what I've seen from both teams thus far and add that to the fact that Denver has won 8 straight, yes I said 8 straight, vs. Miami by an average of nearly 10 PPG. Denver is 13-3 ATS in their last 16 road games and 25-8 ATS in their last 33 overall. This one will be close for a while, but in the end the Nuggets' depth will be the difference. Play the Nuggets over the Heat.

Posted : November 6, 2009 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Patron

20000 Unit College Football Lock

Boise St - La. Tech Over 51

Posted : November 6, 2009 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Reg: Louisiana Tech

Posted : November 6, 2009 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* New Orleans -4

Posted : November 6, 2009 12:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000* - Boise State Broncos, 500* - Atlanta Hawks Granted, the line on this game is a tad inflated, as the linesmakers know the Broncos will be looking to run up the score every opportunity they get as Boise looks to keep their BCS stock from dipping.

Still, prefer to lay it here, as Boise State is capable of hanging the big number on a Bulldogs team that just blew their last game at Idaho, and could be a little deflated after letting the Vandals off the hook.

Boise State has won the last 7 series meetings against La-Tech, and they have covered in 4 of the last 5 showdowns. The Broncos are also 9-1 against the spread their last 10 road games, and have covered 6 of their 7 lined games thus far this season.

With Boise State knowing that TCU is also undefeated, the Broncos can ill-afford a slip up against this inferior Tech team.

I am laying the wood here.

1000♦ - Boise State Broncos

On the hardwood, Atlanta has been good to me early on, and I expect them to be good to me again tonight as they play at Charlotte.

The Bobcats are off to a 2-0 start at home both straight up, and against the spread, but the Hawks can counter with a 2-1 road mark, and a 2-0-1 road spread mark.

The Hawks can also counter with wins in 3 of the last 4 series meetings.

If you ask me, Atlanta is just the better team, and they do have far more offense in their lineup than the offensively-challenged Bobcats who have scored 59, 102, 79, and 79 in their first 4 games.

Have to back the Hawks.

500♦ - Atlanta Hawks

Posted : November 6, 2009 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INDIAN COWBOY

5 Unit Play. Take Under 205.5 between the Denver Nuggets @ Miami Heat

Posted : November 6, 2009 1:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter