Pittsburgh/Rutgers Under 46

Posted : October 16, 2009 8:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - RUTGERS
10 DIMER - ANGELS-YANKEES OVER

After getting humiliated by Cincinnati at home on the first week of the season, Rutgers has rebounded to win their last 4, although 2 have come against the likes of Howard, and Texas Southern.

Still, I give the Knights a great chance at springing the upset here, as they are at home, and they have also won the last 4 against Pittsburgh, while going 3-1 against the spread along the way.

Pittsburgh has played some tough games of late, as 3 weeks ago they blew a big lead at NC State in a loss, they rebounded the next week with a road win at Louisville, and then this past week they needed a last second field goal to nip Connecticut. You have a feeling the Panthers could be a little beat-up when they hit the field tonight.

Rutgers has covered their last 4 as a home underdog, and are 10-2 their last dozen when getting points.

The points work again for the Scarlet Knights.

10 DIMER - LA ANGELS-NY YANKEES OVER

The chances they play this game may not be too good based upon the weather report, but if they do, I like the OVER.

Both teams have played some UNDERS this postseason, as the Angels were UNDER in 2 of 3 versus Boston, while the Yankees played ALL 3 UNDER versus Minnesota, but these teams did play 3 of the 4 regular season meetings against each other in New York OVER the total.

They also ended the regular season 6-3-1 OVER in their 10 meetings this year.

Both Lackey, and Sabathia have had their struggles against the others team, and this total is not so big that a big frame by either team can't squeeze us OVER.

Mark the G-Man down for an OVER in Game 1 of the ALCS.

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

Football Upset Club

3* Pittsburgh over Rutgers

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Gametime Sports

100* Play Rutgers (+3.5) over Pittsburgh

Rutgers has won 4 of the last 5 games as a home underdog and they have also won 9 of the last 10 games after allowing 14 points or less over the last two games. Rutgers has won 8 of the last 10 games coming off a win by 21 points or more and they have also won 7 consecutive games coming off a turnover margin of +2 or better the last game.

50* Play LA Angels (+160) over NY Yankees

Los Angeles has won 11 of the last 14 games as an underdog of +150 or more and they have also won 17 of the last 21 road games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs. John Lackey has won 5 of the last 6 road games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs and he has an ERA of 3.68 this season.

25* Play LA Dodgers (-145) over Philadelphia

50* Play New Jersey (-170) over Atlanta

25* Play Florida (+125) over Philadelphia

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:04 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000* - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
500* - Angels-Yankees OVER

Tonight is the night the Panthers gas tank hits "E".

Pittsburgh kicked a last second field goal on Saturday to hold on for the home win over UConn, while Rutgers was cruising to a 42-0 skunking of Texas Southern.

The Panthers have played at NC State (blew a BIG lead in that one), played at Louisville, and of course just got by Connecticut as I mentioned above. I have a feeling this road game is going to find them spent.

Series numbers also point towards a Rutgers win, as the Knights have won the last 4 meetings, going 3-1 against the spread, and Rutgers is 10-2 as a home dog since the '06 season, including a perfect 4-for-4 last season!

The last time Rutgers was on national TV, they were blasted by Cincinnati on Labor Day weekend.

Look for the Scarlet Knights to make amends for that clunker with a competitive effort tonight.

Take Rutgers.

1000♦ - Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Kinda pricy to back the Yankees tonight, and while I think they will win, I can't tell you to lay this number. Instead, I will tell you to take the OVER, as these teams have a history of "slugfests" of late.

3 of the 4 meetings in the Bronx this year did go OVER the total, and the teams finished 6-3-1 OVER the price in their 10 season meetings this year.

I know Lackey and Sabathia are their teams #1's respectively, but Lackey has allowed 12 runs over his last 27 innings of work against the Yanks, while Sabathia allowed a whopping 9 runs in his 14 innings of work against the Angels this year in 2 starts, both losses!

Have to play the OVER in the Bronx in Game 1.

500♦ - LA Angels-NY Yankees OVER - Lackey vs. Sabathia

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:08 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DR BOB

Strong Opinion - Pittsburgh (-4) Strong Opinion at -5 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -3 (-120 odds or better)

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:08 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Pitt -6

50* Flyers

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Angels/Yankees Under 8.5

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ROBERT FERRINGO

1-Unit Play. Take 'Under' Philadelphia at L.A. Dodgers

1-Unit Play. Take 'Over' 8.5 L.A. Angels at N.Y. Yankees

0.5-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-170) over L.A. Angels

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lt Profits

Islanders/Sabres Under 5.5

Posted : October 16, 2009 11:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

6 Unit Play. L.A. Angels at N.Y. Yankees Over

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

David Banks

LA Dodgers

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Big AL

(1-5* system)

1* Rutgers
1* LAD
1* NYY
1* NYY/LAA Under

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills

Take Rutgers +6 (2.5 Dime play)(1-5 scale)

I'm not sure what so much of the public saw against Uconn to make Pitt the over whelming pick here on Friday night when they visit Rutgers. They trailed 21-6 and came back to win 24-21 which was impressive, but against an anemic CT offense it just does not impress me as much.

Rutgers has just as much of a solid defense as Pitt. Although the quality opponent is not there for Rutgers through their first 5 games they are still facing 26th ranked passing offense, which should result in a good game against Pitt's QB Bill Stull. They have faced three top 35 passing offenses in their FBS schedule and although Rutgers is ranked 86th in pass defense that is why. Rutgers is averaging 3.6 sacks per game while Pitt is averaging 4 so it should be whichever offensive line that plays better will do the most damage in my opinion. Rutgers is ranked 7th in rush defense, but they have faced an average 82nd rushing offense so are they phony or do they just need the opportunity to face a good running team. Well we will find out tonight as they will have to stop Dion Lewis, the Big East leading rusher as a freshmen.

I think Pitt will be able to run the ball and the Rutgers will let them, but Stull won't have his way through the air. For the Pitt defense the weakness is the pass defense that is ranked 75th, and they have not played good passing teams. Their average opponent is ranked 65th in passing offense while Rutgers is ranked 93rd that is because their freshmen QB Savage has only played 3 games, and is still learning. Savage is 3-0 in his starts, and he goes here tonight in a game where he definitely has the advantage at home where he takes care of the ball. Look for Savage to get Tim Brown, and talented freshmen Sanu involved early. Brown lit up Pitt last year if you remember when Pitt had their eye on Kenny Britt. Sanu has the size and athleticism to have a game like Brown did if Pitt puts coverage on Brown.

Stull is coming off his worst game as a starter throwing 2 interceptions and one that was taken back for a TD. He can not have that kind of game on the road here tonight. This crowd is going to be wild and I'm interested to see how Stull played well against Louisville on Friday night, but this will be a different environment for him against a defensive line that can get to the QB and is battle tested in the passing game. Rutgers secondary is one of the best at taking the ball away and on the other side Rutgers does not turn the ball over. They stand at +2.4 turnover margin and are 2nd in the nation. If Rutgers can force a turnover or two they can win this game. Overall I expect a defensive battle between two Big East teams. Coach Schiano knows this team well and has beaten them 4 times in a row! I'm sure he'll have a game plan to stop Lewis and Stull.

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:35 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: