Topic starter

ATS

3 Units Pitt -5

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

15 DIME - RUTGERS (1ST HALF & GAME) - Some teams just know how to beat other teams and that is the case with Rutgers over Pitt.

Helping my cause in this game is the fact this line keeps moving on up faster than the Jefferson's.

Pitt opened as a 3 point road favorite, and as of this morning I have seen 6 at some off shore sports books.

Now, Rutgers has won the last 4 meetings covering 3 of those, and with a week to prepare for this edition of Pitt Panthers you had better believe Schiano will have his team ready to play some football.

The only real signature win for Rutgers after opening the season getting drilled by Cincinnati was at Maryland 3 weeks ago and it wasn't just a win, it was a destruction.

As a 3-point underdog they rolled to an easy 34-13 win, and this team in my opinion has turned the corner.

I have always liked Schiano as a coach, and I feel he is a better game coach than Wannstedt and I think that is pretty evident by his 4 straight wins over Pitt.

The key to this game is which team will have the ability to run the football on the opposing defense and I believe that team to be Rutgers.

I like Rutgers in the first half tonight and I like them for the game as the home dog Scarlet Nights get the money tonight.

15 DIME - LOS ANGELES ANGELS GAME 1

25 DIME - LOS ANGELES ANGELS SERIES PLAY - Going to be a long night for C.C Sabathia.

He was solid his first outing versus the Twins, but I think we all know the Angels are not the Twins.

You see, the Angels make you work on the mound, they have quality at bats, "see pitches" as they say in scouting circles and they have seen enough of CC to know how to beat him.

In 2 starts this year the Angels have tattooed Sabathia to the tune of 10 runs and 17 hits spanning 13 1/3 innings in beating him twice.

At Yankee Stadium back on May 2nd, which I understand was a while ago but still points to the success the Angels have against him beating him 8-4 drilling him for five runs (four earned) and eight hits over 6 2/3 innings.

Now to the career numbers you will find Sabathia is 5-7, with a 4.72 ERA in 14 starts.

This is an Angels lineup that led the majors in batting with a .285 average, and scored more runs than any team in Angels history at 883.

Lackey is a playoff pitcher and showed it in game one versus the Red Sox, and I like him at this price in game one here to set the table for the Angels to win this series.

In 3 career playoff games versus the Yankees, Lackey has gone 14 1/3 dominant innings for an ERA of 1.88.

Been a good run for the Yankees, but based on all that has happened with the Angels this year, death of Nick Adenhart and all, I will roll with the Angels tonight in game one and roll out a 25 DIME SERIES PLAY on the Angels as well.

Somethings in life are meant to be, and the Angels going to the World Series is one of them.

LA ANGELS (Lackey over Sabathia)

FREE SELECTION- LOS ANGELES DODGERS

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

3-Unit Play Take LA Dodgers -140 over Philadelphia Phils

3-Unit Play Take NY Yanks LA Angels UNDER 8½ RUNS

Posted : October 16, 2009 12:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

6* Widow Wiseguy Pitt/Rutgers ESPN Big East Brawl on Pittsburgh -3

Rutgers has yet to earn a win against a good opponent. They lost their opener, 47-15, to Cincinnati and have played cupcakes in the likes of Howard, Florida International, Maryland and Texas Southern ever since. Pitt has been battle-tested this season, with 5 straight games against quality opponents. They won 4 of those 5, and should have beaten NC State on the road after blowing a huge lead in the second half. The Panthers are the better team here Friday, and not even home-field advantage can save Rutgers. Pittsburgh is scoring 40.0 points/game on the road this season against the likes of Buffalo, NC State and Louisville and neither of those three teams would be considered pushovers. This is a balanced offense, rushing for 166 yards/game and throwing for 222 yards/game. Rutgers is very one-dimensional since Mike Teel is no longer under center. The Scarlet Knights rush 42 times/game and throw 23 times/game. So the key here is how Pittsburgh stops the run. Well, Pitt is allowing just 109 rushing yards/game and 2.9 yards/carry and they've played some very good running teams in NC State, Navy, Louisville and Connecticut. So it's not like they are playing the run well against teams that throw the ball a lot. All four of those teams rely mostly on the run. This is just a mismatch across the board, and the only way Pitt wouldn't win this game tonight is if they shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Pitt has only turned the ball over 5 times in 6 games en route to a 5-1 start, so we really like their chances. Rutgers is 1-10 ATS (-10.0 Units) in home games after a game where they committed no turnovers since 1992. They are losing against the spread 91% of the time in this spot. The Panthers win the turnover battle, along with every other phase of this one because they are simply the more complete team. Take Pittsburgh and lay the points.

Posted : October 16, 2009 1:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "Bookiekiller" Parsons

9* FRIDAY NIGHT NCAAF "PUNI$HER"

For a number of different reasons I feel the value in this game is on the visiting side: “This will be our biggest challenge,” Pittsburgh head coach Dave Wannstedt said when referring to his teams road game vs. Rutgers this week. RB Dion Lewis, who is sixth in the nation in rushing with 738 rushing yards and averages 5.6 yards a carry, anchors a steadily improving offense; QB Bill Stull has 13 TD passes and only three picks; WR Jonathan Baldwin is just two yards shy of having four consecutive 100-yard receiving games. On what is expected to be a rainy/cold night, Lewis will be leaned upon even more than normal, and he'll also have to face the conference's top run defense to boot. Pitt's defense is one of the nations best though; the Panthers average more than four sacks per game and are ranked third in the country in that category. Despite having struggled vs. Rutgers in recent play, Pitt is 5-1 SU its last six overall, 9-4 ATS its last 13 on the road, 8-3 SU its last 11 on the road and 4-2 SU its last six on the road vs. the Scarlet Knights.

On the other side of the field: Rutgers' true freshman QB, Tom Savage, will be entering his second straight game after suffering a concussion against Florida International; the Rutgers offensive line has allowed 14 sacks through five games, the most in the Big East. The Scarlet Knights pass defense is its achilles heel and it will struggle again this week against Stull and his speedy receivers. Rutgers is just 1-3 ATS in its last four overall and a horrible 0-3 ATS this season in front of the hometown crowd.

Bottom line: Having lost the last four times they've played the Scarlet Knights, I expect the Panthers to play with "revenge" on their minds. Stull will be the difference in this one as he'll look to exploit the Scarlet Knights suspect secondary; look for PITTSBURGH to move to 3-1 ATS on the road this year and for Rutgers to fall to 0-3 ATS against conference opponents! 9*

Posted : October 16, 2009 1:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

Philly v. LA

Padilla has really surprised us in the playoffs. We have watched him pitch against the worst teams and just get hammered. He has however come through when it comes to the playoffs and we see a very low scoring game here today with Martinez and Padilla. We like the under 9 runs here and look for a 4-2 score. Now the question becomes who scores the 4?? Taking the Dodgers at the -150 odds right now is just putting us at risk of a really bad bet. We think the right play is going with the Dodgers RL if anything. WE are gonna take a small shot with the Dodgers RL in this one as well

PICK: UNDER 9 -120 (8*) BB
PICK: Dodgers RL +130 (4*)

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Michael Alexander

Pittsburgh U vs. Rutgers
2 Units Rutgers +5.5

Playing on underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points (RUTGERS) who is forcing 2.5 or more turnovers/game, after 2 consecutive games where they committed 1 or less turnovers is 48-17 ATS over the last 10 seasons
PITTSBURGH is 4-15 ATS (-12.5 Units) in road games after scoring 3 points or less in the first half last game since 1992.RUTGERS is 33-17 ATS (+14.3 Units) vs. poor passing defenses - allowing a comp. pct. of 58% or worse since 1992.

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Florida Panthers
2 Units Philadelphia -142

PHILADELPHIA is 8-2 ATS (+10.4 Units) in road games on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
FLORIDA is 8-18 ATS (-14.7 Units) in home games after allowing 3 goals or more 2 straight games over the last 3 seasons.FLORIDA is 11-18 ATS (-15.8 Units) in home games against terrible defensive teams - allowing 3+ goals/game over the last 3 seasons.

LAA Angels vs. New York Yankees
2 Units LAA Angels +163

LA ANGELS are 11-3 (+15.3 Units) against the money line as an underdog of +150 or more over the last 2 seasons.LA ANGELS are 18-6 (+13.3 Units) against the money line with double revenge - 2 straight losses against opponent this season.LA ANGELS are 38-17 (+17.2 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Degarde

3* LA Dodgers Under 9

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres
Pick:5* NY Islanders +163

NY Islanders come in 0-4 on the season but have lost every game by only 1 goal. Sabres are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning % below .400. Sabres are 0-5 in their last 5 vs. Atlantic. NY ISLANDERS are 63-59 ATS (+143.1 Units) in road games after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game since 1996. BUFFALO is 18-21 ATS (-9.2 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. NY Islanders are 4-4 SU and ATS overall vs Buffalo the past 3 years. I'm expecting the Islanders to get the job done here tonight for their first win of the season. We'll play the NY Islanders for 5 units tonight!

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

50♦ PITTSBURGH

50♦ Pittsburgh/Rutgers UNDER

50♦ N.Y. YANKEES RUN LINE

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Baseball Lock Club

4 Units LA Dodgers

Football Financial

3 Units Pitt Under

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

BASEBALL MILLIONAIRES

ANGELS GAME 1

NYYANKEES FOR THE SERIES

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

3* Friday Night SMASH Pitt -5

Rutgers may be 4-1, but it has played a weak level of competition. The only quality opponent it has faced is Cincinnati and the Bearcats defeated the Scarlet Knights 47-15 on the road. They key is that Rutgers allowed 396 passing yards to Cincy and I am confident that the Panthers passing attack will be able to exploit the Rutgers secondary as well. Pitt QB Bill Stull is having a great season through the air. He came last week, throwing for 268 yards and two touchdowns and I can't see the Knights slowing down the hook up combo of Stull to Jonathan Baldwin. Pitt has already proven that it can go on the road and win in Big East play, defeating Louisville 35-10 as a 7-point favorite two weeks ago on a Friday night. The last, and most important factor, is the fact that Pitt has lost 4 straight to Rutgers. Pitt has the better team this year and they will have their revenge. Lay the points.

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

25* Dodgers (-150) over Phillies

26* NY Yankees (-175) over La Angels

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brand X Sports