Topic starter

Frank Patron

10,000 units Utah State +24

Posted : October 2, 2009 10:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

15 DIMER - WHITE SOX - It's the Jake Peavy show tonight.

Since coming off the DL he has been stellar in his first two starts for the White Sox.

He went 5 innings in his first start at home against the Royals allowing 3 runs on 5 hits of a 13-3 Chicago win throwing 79 pitches total.

His last start against these same Tigers was even better going 7 shutout innings, allowing 6 hits with a pair of walks and 8 strikeouts and throwing just under 100 pitches. To state the obvious, he is back.

Going back to his last 7 starts overall with the Padres and the White Sox, he is on a 6-1 run.

The Tigers have lost 3 of Edwin Jackson's last 4 starts mainly because Jackson has gotten rocked to the tune of 5 earned in all 3 losses. Pressure does weird things to a man.

In fact, in his last 10 starts he has given up 4 earned or more in 6 of those starts.

He was hit hard last time out by the White Sox giving up 5 earned on 7 hits in 7 innings throwing 111 pitches. Not exactly getting the bang out of your buck now are you Edwin.

I will back Peavy to shut down this Tigers team that is feeling the pressure of a 2 game lead over the Twins and knowing Minnesota has the Royals this weekend.

Riding the White Sox tonight.

WHITE SOX (Peavy over Jackson)

15 DIMER - LOUISVILLE CARDINALS - This team has been competitive and I like what they showed me at Utah last week.

Always a tough place to play in the altitude, they battled to a 23-14 game with 8:51 to go in the 4th but couldn't get the defensive stop allowing Utah to go on a 7 play 80 yard drive for the frontdoor cover on a 33 yard touchdown on a 3rd and 13 screen pass.

This team should have knocked off Kentucky on the road but let that game get away from them.

I am a fan of Steve Kragthorpe and I really feel he is turning this program around and seeing how competitive they have been this year so far has me on the points here.

Pitt comes off a meltdown at NC State which saw them get rocked in the 4th quarter blowing a 31-14 lead giving up the last 21 points to lose 38-31.

NC State dominated the statistics with 27 first downs to 11 for Pitt, 530 yards total offense to 300 and 208 yards of that was on the ground. Pitt shouldn't be laying this kind of number tonight.

I'm on the Louisville bandwagon tonight.

15 DIMER - UTAH STATE AGGIES - This team is a quality dog tonight.

They have covered both their lined games this year at Utah and at Texas A&M and I really feel they will stay well within the number tonight.

First and foremost, I love their coaching staff. Their head coach Gary Anderson was the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Utah the last 5 years and his new offensive coordinator was the head coach of San Jose State from 1997-2000.

This is as solid a coaching staff as you can ask for and you can see just how good from their 2 competitive games at Utah losing by 18 as a 20 point dog and at A&M losing by 8 as a 20 point dog.

The change for this team is their offense, which has put up 342 total yards at Utah, 521 yards total offense at A&M and 604 yards total offense at home to Southern Utah.

This Byu team is good but they are not great and they are facing a coaching staff that is as familiar with them and what they do on every level. Asking them to cover this kind of number is just a bit too much.

Don't know if Utah State can play well enough to pull off the upset but as good as their offense is playing, I don't see them losing by more than the 24 number vegas has thrown out there for Byu to cover.

I am riding the big dog Aggies tonight.

FREE SELECTION - UTAH STATE-BYU OVER

Posted : October 2, 2009 10:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc LawrenceFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Pittsburgh Panthers at Louisville Cardinals
Play On: Louisville +6.5
When the Louisville Cardinals host Pittsburgh at Papa Johns Stadium tonight they will do so with revenge on their minds from a 41-7 loss suffered last year in the Steel City. That sets the table for tonight's play as the Panthers are a miserable 1-17 ATS as road favorites off a loss when going into revenge, including 0-15 against sub .500 opposition. That fits like a glove knowing Louisville head coach Steve Kragthorpe is 4-0 ATS in his head coaching career at home with revenge when his team owns a losing record. Grab the points with the Cardinals here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Louisville.

Posted : October 2, 2009 10:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

9* Best Bet

I'm playing on BYU and Utah State to finish OVER the total.

At first glance, this o/u number seems very high. However, there's good reason for it being that way and I actually don't think that it's high enough. Let's take a look. The heavily favored Cougars are almost certain to score big points. Since their opening defensive battle vs. Oklahoma, the Cougars have averaged greater than 40 points per game, including 54 and 42 in the two games where they were favored by greater than two touchdowns. They'll face a Utah State defense which has given up 34 or more points every game. While we know the Cougars will score, the Aggies should also be able to help out. They scored 17 against a very good Utah defense, 30 against Texas A&M and then a whopping 53 vs. S. Utah last week. While that was obviously a lower tier opponent, the Aggies still did gain more than 600 yards of total offense (most since 2001) which can only be good for their confidence. QB Diondre Borel has topped 300 yards passing in back to back games, the first Aggie to do so since 2002. Both the Aggies lined games finished above the total. Meanwhile, BYU has seen three straight finish above the number. I expect the Cougars come in with a chip on their shoulder - they won by 19 last week but dropped in the AP rankings - and expect that they'll be happy to run up the score. With the Aggies doing their part, look for that to be enough and for the final combined score to finish above the total. *9 Best Bet

Posted : October 2, 2009 11:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take the Seattle Mariners -110 over the Texas Rangers

Indeed, it does seem Ian Snell is righting the ship. The Mariners come off a 4-2 win yesterday and the Rangers take some frustration out on the Angels winning 11-3. More importantly, Snell has been improving steadily for the Mariners and that is a positive sign going into next year. Snell has put together three straight quality starts and has given up just four runs in his last eighteen innings. McCarthy on the other hand comes off a gem against the Rays where he gave up 0 earned runs in seven innings but the Rangers still fell short. I expect him to have a bit of a let down today as I like Snell in this matchup overall. The Rangers have lost McCarthy's last three starts and given that he helped defeat Seattle last time around 6-5 (where he picked up a no-decision), I still expect Seattle to have a beat on his pitches this time out. After all, in Texas the Rangers did hit the young fella’ for four runs in seven innings and they can have similar if not better success today. The Mariners are 9-2 when facing a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30 and the Rangers are 2-10 when McCarthy starts as an Underdog.

Posted : October 2, 2009 11:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JAMES MANOSFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Pittsburgh at Louisville
Pick: Lousiville +7
Lousiville in a solid spot here as they are in revenge mode from LY’s loss and installed as a week day home dog. The Cardinals have not been coached well or played well over the last few seasons but they have been very good dogs and can be very tough in Papa John’s Staduim. Wannstedt is a terrible coach and even though the Panthers are much more talented, I think that Lousiville will give them all they want tonight.

Posted : October 2, 2009 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

Louisville +6.5 Game (8*)

Louisville +3.5 1H (3*)

Utah St +14 1H (5*)

Cleveland/Boston OVER 10 (8*) Best Bet

Giants +125 (7*)

3 Team Parlayfor 1* pays 7.6*

Pirates ML +105
Baltimore ML +110
Oakland ML ev

Posted : October 2, 2009 12:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

15 Dime Louisville

Posted : October 2, 2009 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

Louisville +6.5 Game (8*)

Louisville +3.5 1H (3*)

Utah St +14 1H (5*)

Cleveland/Boston OVER 10 (8*) Best Bet

Giants +125 (7*)

3 Team Parlayfor 1* pays 7.6*

Pirates ML +105
Baltimore ML +110
Oakland ML ev

KC/Minnesota OVER 9.5 (7*)

Posted : October 2, 2009 12:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

23* Bluejays (-125) over Orioles
Mostly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

24* Whitesox (+125) over Tigers
Mostly cloudy with a 70-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.

25* Padres (-135) over Giants
Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

Posted : October 2, 2009 1:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hot Shot Sports

4* SD Padres

Posted : October 2, 2009 1:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS

3 Units Pitt -6.5