Topic starter

ATS

3 Units Army+10.5

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

15 Dime - RUTGERS (Buy the 1/2 point if your line is -10 or -10 1/2)

This play is more AGAINST Army than it is FOR Rutgers because I'm not really sold on either team. The Scarlet Knights are rebuilding as they've lost a very good RB and QB in the last two years, but their defense is probably a little better than they expected it to be in the beginning of the year. Normally I'd play against Rutgers because they don't have a ton of offense, but they'll clearly have enough against this very porous Army defense. Let me lay it out for you this way...

Army has lost to Duke, Iowa State, Tulane and Temple so far this year. That sounds like the resume of a high school team to me, yet Army couldn't manage a single win against any of them. What's worse... their average point total in those four games was 15 points. If Army gets 15 points tonight, that mean Rutgers is only going to need 26 points to grab the cover... and against this defense they shouldn't have any problem getting it done. They've score 26 or more points 3 times in six chances so far this season against better teams than Army. I'd be shocked if Rutgers doesn't score at least 30 points tonight. And I'm telling you right now, Army isn't scoring 20.

The Black Knights have not had a "bye" yet this year while Rutgers has already gotten a week off, not to mention Army is preparing for this game on short rest having played last Saturday while Rutgers got a full week or preparation because they played last Friday against Pittsburgh. And speaking of Pittsburgh... they have one of the better offenses Rutgers will see this year and the Scarlet Knights were able to hold them to just 24 points. Trust me, that's an accomplishment in itself.

Rutgers has won five straight vs. Army by no less than 12 points and two of those were by 35 or more. Rutgers is 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 on the artificial surface while Army is just 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games vs. teams from the Big East. This one has 20-point blowout written all over it. Lay it with

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Adam Meyer

Best Bet -PLAY: Rutgers-10.5 6 Units

Colorado Avalanche 3 Units

Carolina is just not moving in the right direction yet and the soft number on Colorado at home is just too good to pass up in this spot. Carolina remains winless on the road and is 0-6 in the last 6 meetings in Colorado. The Avalanche, playing well at the start of the season is 2-0-0 at home and has won 4 of their last 5 overall.

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

POWER PLAY WINS

Rutgers -10.5

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Canadian Prophet

BET THE FARM 3-4*: St. Louis Blues -145 Alt. half puck line +200

When I saw that all 3 cappers took the Sharks last night, I had a bad feeling. I think we have a mole on this site and they called in the "lay down". So I'm taking it back tonight with the Blues at home where they can't fix it. Won't be an easy win but the Blues are better than they are playing and they have yet to win at home this season. It happens tonight against a Wild team that is lacking in depth in all respects. MINNESOTA is 5-15 ATS (-12.9 Units) after a close win by 1 goal in their previous game over the last 2 seasons. ST LOUIS is 9-4 ATS (+13.7 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons and 6-1 in their last 7 Friday games. I know its a little wood, but the card is light and I would not touch the Avs after that long road trip nor the spread on the Pens. The Blues are 10-3 in their last 13 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400, and that spells a win over Minny.

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach

10* Carolina Hurricanes

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Rutgers (-10') for 2 Units

Army may have gotten it right with the hiring of Rich Ellerson but the Black Knights are still short of athletes to compete against the likes of the Big East to whom they've lost 10 of the last 11 ATS; moreover, Rutgers is 6-0 ATS in this series. Army makes a living running the football in the triple option and that falls right into Rutgers strength, which is stopping the run. The Scarlet Knights allow a meager 91 ypg rushing with a paltry 3 ypc average. Rutgers' defense has the speed and the discipline to play assignment football. On the other hand, the Rutgers' offense has too much relative speed, size and depth for the undersized Scarlett Knights to hang with for the duration. Army is a mere 7-19-1 ATS as a home dog and 0-7 ATS at home vs a team with a winning road record. Rutgers the call.

Posted : October 23, 2009 4:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Carolina vs. Colorado
Play: Carolina -115

When CAROLINA played as any home/road team - During Last 3 Years - Lost Last Game by 1 Goals or Less; The Canes are 31-14 SU in this position.

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Florida vs. Pittsburgh
Play: Florida +200

Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game. Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals. Panthers are 6-2 in their last 8 games following a loss of 3 or more goals. FLORIDA is 18-10 ATS (+7.5 Units) after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons. Pittsburgh is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing Florida. Pittsburgh staring goalie Fleury is suppose to have the night off. Fleury is 8-0 this year while in goal so that is definitely a plus for the Panthers tonight. We'll play Florida for 5 units tonight!

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Rutgers vs. Army
Play: Army +10

Betting on the favorite on Friday nights this year has been "money in the bank" so far, but for a number of different reasons I feel we're getting excellent value on the large home dog and I look for this trend to finally be "bucked": Both teams are coming off losses. Although they have only topped 20 points in two games so far this season, I look for the Black Knights to continue to go to their strengths, which is their running game, and I believe QB Trent Steelman (who also leads the team in rushing) will continue his evolution as a dangerous offensive threat. If its offense can match the level of intensity of that of its defense, then Army has an outside shot of winning this game outright.

On the other side of the field: Led by QB Tom Savage, Rutgers has had the advantage of a fairly soft schedule to start its year. It's been solid on both sides of the ball for the most part, but in its two losses this season, a pattern of losing concentration, with dumb mistakes and costly turnovers has hurt this team. Rutgers may be 11-2 SU its last 13 on the road, however this is a spot that its struggled in all year; the Scarlet Knights are 0-3 ATS as a favorite.

Bottom line: I look for the Cadets to move the ball on the ground, kill some clock, and keep it closer than what the oddsmakers are leading us to believe; look for ARMY to move to a perfect 3-0 ATS this season as an underdog of 3 1/2 to 10 points as Rutgers falls to 1-2 ATS this season in non-conference games! 9* ARMY.

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Rutgers vs. Army

When the Cadets host the Scarlet Knights at Michie Stadium in West Point Friday night they will take the field with visions of becoming bowl-eligible this season for the first time 1996, their last winning season when they appeared in the Independence Bowl. That's because a win tonight would even their record at 4-4 and with VMI and North Texas remaining on the docket the chances would be better than not that a 6-win season would become a reality. From a technical perspective, Army is 13-4 ATS as a home dog of 8 or more points when playing off a loss in which they failed against the spread by 3.5 or more points, including 8-0 ATS if the Cadets own at least one win on the season and their opponent won fewer than 10 games the previous season. With Rutgers in the middle of a Pittsburgh/Connecticut sandwich (0-4 ATS away off SU and ATS loss to the Panthers) and just 4-8 ATS as a non-conference road favorite of 14 or less points, we'll stay at home with the Cadets here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Army.

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Rutgers vs. Army

The Black Knights have had no luck at all in this head to head series, losing by scores of 41-6 and 30-3 the last two years to Rutgers. However, just about all of the offensive talent the Scarlet Knights had on those two teams, such as QB Teel, RB Rice and WR Britt, are all gone. So too apparently is the Scarlet Knights rushing attack as in two league games, all they’ve been able to manage is a paltry 88 yards on 53 carries. Rutgers hasn’t beaten anyone of note with two wins over FCS schools and two home losses to Cincinnati and Pitt by a combined 71-32 score. They are 0-4 ATS in the role of favorite, including two games on the “extra board” vs. FCS schools. Army is our CFB Oddsmaker Mismatch.

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

30* Rutgers

50* 6 point Teaser: Rutgers and Under

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW