Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Friday September 18,2009

59 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ FLORIDA MARLINS (LIST Bailey) - I've committed myself to find value everytime Homer Bailey steps on the rubber for Cincinnati. And I don't mean value with him, I mean going against him - every single time. This is the perfect opportunity to do so, as the Marlins are looking to remain in wild-card contention, and are in the perfect spot to do so this weekend opposing a much weaker Reds team. The Fish, who I know have lost 11 of their last 14 against Cincy, won two straight and the series against St. Louis and should have the momentum to keep it going against Bailey, who is 5-5 with a 5.56 ERA this season.

100♦ UNDER Boise State/Fresno State - Only one way to stop Boise's machine, and that's to match wits defensively. And that'll be Fresno's key tonight when these two lock up in an early-season WAC clash. Fresno will be confident since it hung pretty tough with Wisconsin last week, and it'll take a load of confidence to hang with the 10th ranked Broncos, who have stymied their first two opponents with a smothering defense of their own ... including preseason darling Oregon. But the Bulldogs won't be thinking about what Boise has done this season, not when they will be thinking about last year's meeting in Boise, where the Broncos administered a 61-10 beatdown. Boise State has won seven of eight meetings with Fresno since joining the WAC in 2001 with the only loss coming in 2005 ,but the games have always been closer in Fresno. And make note, the Broncos have never played Fresno this early and it's probably not to their advantage since the Dawgs are healthy and have a solid team this season. I don't want to be on either side, but I do know it's going to be a physical game that should stay low.

100♦ OAKLAND ATHLETICS - Don't mean to repeat myself, but once again I am playing crap teams at the end of a season, something I don't necessarily like doing. Once again the A’s look damn good today. Aside from the losing slumps Cleveland is mired in – it is 3-14 overall and 2-8 in its last nine at Oakland – the Athletics are in off a bit of momentum after sweeping three in Arlington and winning the series-opener over the Tribe last night. The A’s have won four straight and nine of 11 – including six of eight on the road – and are now in the comforts of home, where they’ve won seven of 10. Bad news for the Indians, who have scored three or fewer runs in six of their last 10 games and managed to rake just six hits Thursday. Plus, making matters worse for Cleveland, it has lost eight in a row on

Posted : September 18, 2009 2:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MustWinSports

5 DIME BOISE STATE

Posted : September 18, 2009 2:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach

10* Twins/Det OVER

Posted : September 18, 2009 3:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

25* AL West GOY

Texas Rangers

Posted : September 18, 2009 3:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Boise St vs. Fresno St
For a number of different reasons I feel the value in this matchup is on the visiting side: In what could very well decide the WAC Champion, I'm looking for Boise State to do just enough in this game to come away with the SU and ATS victory. Boise State (2-0) comes into this game ranked 10th in the country, opening the season with an impressive 19-8 win over the Oregon Ducks and a blowout 48-0 win over Miami (OH). For Fresno State (1-1), the Bulldogs returned home after a disappointing loss to Wisconsin this past weekend. A game that was easily winnable. Late turnovers and a missed field goal, though, allowed Wisconsin to sneak away with a 34-31, double-overtime victory; although this game is extremely important for both teams, I'm expecting a "letdown" in this spot for the Bulldogs after last weeks disappointing loss. The Broncos have won three straight over the Bulldogs, beating them 61-10 last season as it outgained Fresno State 494-294 in that game, and the Broncos’ offense and defense are looking similarly dominant this season. There are simply too many things that have to "go right" for Fresno State to compete in this one: the offense must be perfect, the defense must be perfect and they can't make any silly mistakes or turnovers; too "tall of an order" in my opinion. Dating back to last season the Bronco's are a perfect 5-0 ATS their last five overall and over the last two seasons are a perfect 3-0 ATS as a favorite of 3 1/2 to 10 points. Look for all of the above factors to play a significant roll in the outcome of this game as BOISE STATE gets the cover!

Posted : September 18, 2009 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Homyak

Boise State vs. Fresno State
Boise State is 11-3 ATS after one or more consecutive wins against the spread and 38-19 ATS off win by 21+ points
Fresno State is 0-7 ATS after a playing a game where 60 total points or more were scored and 0-7 ATS off road game, 3-13 vs. the spread at home since 2006, 1-5 as a home underdog.
Head-to-Head Series History
BOISE ST is 2-0 against the spread versus FRESNO ST over the last 3
5 Units on Boise State Broncos

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
Yankees vs. Seattle
Play: Seattle
The Mariners host the Yankees in the opener of this three-game series when Felix Hernandez matches serves with A.J. Burnett in Seattle this evening. Hernandez enters with team start wins in 14 of his last 18 games, including 4-0 his last four at home. He is also 12-3 in his last fifteen team starts on Fridays, including 8-1 his last nine at home. With Burnett 1-3 with a 9.79 ERA in his last four road team starts, look for the King to lead the Mariners into the winners circle tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Seattle with Hernandez versus Burnett.

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio
San Francisco vs. Dodgers
Both teams had Thursday off to prepare for this huge weekend series, which will likely determine the Giants playoff fate. Unfortunately for San Francisco, this setting is not desirable nor is the opponent. The Dodgers have taken four of six from their division rivals in the last month and that was when SF was hotter. Now LA has returned to its winning ways with eight wins in their last 10 games. The Giants average just 3.6 runs per game on the road and are 0-8 away from home when coming six or more straight home games. Even worse is the fact that starter Jonathan Sanchez has been a road underdog 12 times this season and the team has lost 11 of those games. In the last seven losses in that role, the team has scored two runs or less six times. Making life difficult here will be Dodgers starter Vicente Padilla, who has been surging with a 1.56 ERA in his last three starts. The mid-season acquisition has a 12-1 team start record over the past two seasons when the total is between 7 and 8.5 (currently at 8) and his TSR off a team win is 19-5 L24. Remember that the Dodgers can put the division away for good with a strong showing in this series. Take LA Dodgers.

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mean Green Profit Machine

HOUSTON
SEATTLE -1.5

SAN DIEGO -1.5

PHILLY
CHICAGO

BALTIMORE

TAMPA -1.5

TEXAS

DETROIT
KC

FRESNO ST +7

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Glenn McGrew

NATIONAL LEAGUE GAME of the YEAR!

My NL GOY call is on the LA Dodgers. The Los Angeles Dodgers, in firm control of the NL West, 11 games in front second-place Colorado, plays host to the San Francisco Giants on Friday night. LA has manhandled it's division rival this year, taking 9 of 15 in the season-series, outscoring San Francisco 86-52. Vincente Padilla (11-6, 4.42), an excellent pick up from the Texas Rangers, will start the series opener. The 32-year old righthander has had four starts in Dodger blue, going 3-0 with a minuscule 2.01 ERA, with his last start being a brilliant 9-1 win over these same Giants, as he allowed just 3 hits and 1 earned run in six dominating innings of work. San Francisco, just 3-5 over their last eight games, has now fallen three and one half games back of Colorado in the NL wild card race. Their choice to start game one of this three-game series will be Jonathan Sanchez (6-12, 4.16). While Sanchez has decent numbers vs most National League teams, he continued to struggle against the Dodgers last Saturday, allowing five runs in 4 1/3 innings in a 9-1 Giants defeat. That setback moved his record to a dismal 0-4 with a 5.86 ERA in seven career starts against Los Angeles, including 0-2, 9.00 in two starts at Dodger Stadium! Edges abound everywhere in this matchup, with the hosts owning the better starter, the better bullpen, the better offense and momentum. Play LA

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

2* Red Sox/Orioles Over 9

2* Los Angeles Dodgers -142

Posted : September 18, 2009 4:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Valentino