Posted : September 25, 2009 11:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sammy Jankus

Reverse Barometer

Boston at NY Yankees
Play 3* Boston -122

Somebody help me out here. The Yankees have whipped the hated Red Sox in six of their last seven meetings – and most of those weren't even close! So now when New York is in position to clinch the home field advantage for the upcoming playoffs, they're suddenly a home underdogs to Boston? WTF? I can't look this gift horse in the mouth; I'm all over the Bronx Boys to bomb the Beantowners into submission – so your play is on BOSTON.

Posted : September 25, 2009 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Under 8 between the Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals

The Braves are only 3.5 games out of the wildcard and ceratinly, they can smell the playoff birth. Of course, Bobby is coming back for one more year because he realizes he has an amzing staff in place for next year. After all, the ol' man has brought this team this far during their golden decade plus and the storm is brewing the right time for this squad. With veterans such as Chipper and players coming of age, but more importantly with a staff that is truly fit to be the best top down in the entire league next year. Hudson, Lowe, Hanson, Vasquez, Kawakami - if you have something better, do tell. Top down, this team is going to have a great staff next year. Vasquez has come out of nowhere and re-energized his career in Atlanta and the national league. Javier is has a 2.91 era for the season, is 14-9 and has given up 2 runs in 23 innings. In fact, his last 3 of 5 starts have been shutouts. Heck, he has notched 222 strikeouts this year on top of that. With the Braves close to the playoffs and the simple fact they are the next team behind the Rockies hunting them down, I expect a quality start from Javier today. In the same token, Lannan pitches at home, comes off a 2-3 loss to the Mets and was roughed up by the Braves in early August for a 1-8 loss. I expect him to bounce-back and seek revenge here. The Under is 4-0 for the Braves following an off day, 5-2 when Vasquez starts as a favorite by this margin and 12-3 when Lannan faces fellow NL East foes.

4 Unit Play. Take Under 9 between San Diego @ Arizona Diamondbacks

4 Unit Play. Take Over 7 between the Chicago Cubs @ San Francisco Giants Giants

4 Unit Play. Take Under 182 between the LA Sparks @ Phoenix Mercury

I actually think the Sparks have a great shot at winning this game outright. Keep in mind that LA beat Phoenix just recently on the road by a score of 81-78 on the road on September 13th. If you remember, LA was a similar 4.5 dog going into that game and while 75% of the public took Phoenix at home on the short line, they were buried as the Sparks won outright. Same line, same situation today. This is a must win for LA no matter how you dice it and they have to show up here. But, I cannot bring myself to wager against Phoenix at home, but I would rather take the under. LA is a defensive team although it didn't show in their last game against Phoenix giving up over a 100 points. They will have to change that if they hope to have a chance today. And, certainly, in the game they did win at Phoenix about two weeks ago, they did. They held the Mercury to under 80 points. I can see that happening again today in this must win game for the Sparks. The Sparks hold opponents to less than 74 points per game in the regular season. I don't see Phoenix shooting as effectively as they did last game but more importantly, I see the Sparks pounding the ball inside relentlessly as Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie are likely to get the most touches. This is one of the rare games that are likely to go Dog/Under similar to how it went on the 13th of this month. The Under is 6-2 in the Mercury's last 8 games at home.

Posted : September 25, 2009 12:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

8* Brewers +1.5

2 team parlay for 1.5* pays 5.1*
Padres +120
Rangers EV

7* Yankees +105

Posted : September 25, 2009 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

Nevada +7 for 8 units and 2* on Nevada +260 for 2 units.

Do not buy into 3-0 vs 0-2, as Nevada has played two pretty good teams and Missouri has played Illinois who the jury is still out on. I think this game comes down to the wire and Nevada wins this one late as Nevada is a very dangerous team at home and are 4-1 ats their last 5 on friday nights and 6-2 ats when a home dog of 3.5 to 10. Throw in the fact they are 23-8 their last 31 ats with most of them being the favorite. Kaepernick and Taua complid 2651 rushing last year and 32 tds out of the pistol and they have not had their break out game yet. They will explode against a Missouri d and control the clock. I am not buying into Missouri yet as Bowling Green should have beat them this year already and look for the public burial in this one as I have them winning outright.

Posted : September 25, 2009 1:04 pm
(@repski)
New Member Guest

Blade,
Halfbets...You have Brewers -1.5...they're already the dawg...is that the alt. run line?? or should it be +1.5?

thanks for the great work!

Posted : September 25, 2009 1:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Blade,
Halfbets...You have Brewers -1.5...they're already the dawg...is that the alt. run line?? or should it be +1.5?

thanks for the great work!

Should be +1.5

Thanks

Posted : September 25, 2009 1:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mean Green Profit Machine

Reds

Cardinals

Padres

Cubs

Twins

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

CFL
100* BC/Calgary Under

NCAA
100* Nevada

MLB
20* Oakland
20* SD
30* Red Sox

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

24* Cardinals (-160) over Rockies
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.

25* Diamondbacks (-135) over Padres
Clear. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 100.

23* Redsox (-120) over Ny Yankees
Mostly clear. Winds blowing from left to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gregg Price

Kansas City Royals GOY

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100 DIME MISSOURI TIGERS

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc’s Sports

3-Unit Play Take Philadelphia Phillies -170 over Milwaukee Brewers

The Phils have 10 games left to play and continue to strive for home-field advantage in the first round of the playoffs. They are a half-game up on the Cardinals. The Dodgers are playing good ball right now, but the Phillies trail them by just 3-games for the best record in the NL. They are not without a shot. The Phils have won nine of 12. Today it is a couple of lefties doing battle. Cliff Lee is 4-1 with a 3.08 ERA in his six road starts since joining the Phillies. His mound opponent, Manny Parra, has the highest (6.42 ERA) in the NL. In fact, the Brewer left-hander is 0-3 with a 17.05 ERA in his three starts against the Phils. Looks like a total mismatch.

3-Unit Play Take San Diego Padres +130 over Arizona Diamondbacks

The Padres look to continue their success on their final road trip of the year. They have won 13 of their last 19 away from home. Last night they rallied late once again, and dumped the Rockies 5-4. Kevin Correia tries for a fourth straight win in this contest. He is 3-0 with a 2.41 ERA in his last five starts. The DBacks Max Scherzer has lost his last two starts. The Padres should get their third straight “W”.

3-Unit Play Take New York Yankees +120 over Boston Red Sox

The Yankees have not had much success against Jon Lester. In fact, they have never beaten him. Just have a feeling that this might be the spot. The Yankees are playing loose and moving toward the 100-win mark. They had a nice relaxing day off at home yesterday, while the Red Sox played a night game in KC and had to fly half-way across the country and remain on the road. Joba Chamberlain will be pitching to prove he deserves a spot in the Yankee post-season rotation. We are expecting a good effort from him. The Yankees play their best ball at home, and you can watch it on (TBS) tonight.

Due to a change in a teams pitching rotation, our American League Game of the Year that was to go today, has been scratched. Tomorrow we get that favorable matchup we sought. Join us on Saturday for the 7-UNIT AL GOY.

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000* - Minnesota w/Pavano over Tejeda
500* - Nevada Wolfpack

Minnesota needs to win these weekend games at Kansas City in order for next week's series against division-leader Detroit to mean something.

While Robinson Tejeda has been on-fire since coming back up to the big leagues - 3-0 over 4 starts with an ERA under 1 - I am going to go against Tejeda in this spot, as the Twins have won their last 3, and 9 of 10 as they take to the field this Friday night.

Minnesota is 5-1 at Kansas City this year, and 12-4 against the Royals in KC since last season.

Carl Pavano just worked 7 innings of 2 run ball at the end of August to beat Kansas City at Kauffman Stadium, and I like him to do it again.

Take the Twins.

1000♦ - Minnesota w/Pavano over Tejeda

College football rematch for Mizzou and Nevada. Last year the Tigers pounded the Wolfpack 69-17, so you have to wonder why this number is so low?

This is 0-2 Nevada's home opener, and the Pack usually show up for their home games, especially when installed as the underdog.

Mizzou does have a big home game against Nebraska up next, and could get caught looking ahead in this spot.

Nevada is in need of a strong showing tonight, or they could be in for a very long campaign.

I will look for the points to work in this one.

Take the 'Pack!

500♦ - Nevada Wolfpack

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 Dimes - Missouri

Posted : September 25, 2009 3:05 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: