2* Redskins

Posted : December 20, 2009 1:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sixth Sense

Opinion

NY Giants -3 WASHINGTON 43.5

The Giants lost a shootout against Philly last week. Both teams averaged 7.1yppl but NY turned the ball over four times and allowed a punt to be returned for a touchdown. Washington dominated Oakland, especially after Gradkowski left the game and was replaced by Russell. They out rushed Oakland 3.7ypr to 2.7ypr, out passed them 6.3yps to 3.9yps and out gained them overall, 5.1yppl to 3.4yppl. They also sacked Oakland eight times. The Giants pass offense has been stellar, averaging 7.2yps against 6.2yps and 5.9yppl against 5.3yppl. The defense remains above average at 6.2yppl against 6.5yppl. Washington averages just 3.9ypr against 4.3ypr, 6.2yps against 6.4yps and 5.3yppl against 5.6yppl but their pass offense has improved in recent weeks. The defense remains strong at 4.1ypr against 4.3ypr, 5.6yps against 6.0yps and 4.9yppl against 5.3yppl. Numbers favor the Giants by 1.5 points and predict about 41 points. I don’t have any situations in this game although Washington does qualify in a couple of situations that are decent but don’t meet my criteria. Washington has struggled lately here against the Giants, losing by at least six points in each of the past three seasons. On the road this year, against better than average teams, the Giants have totaled the following margins: 2, -21, -23, -20. They defeated the two bad teams they faced by 24 and 11 points. I rank Washington somewhere in between but the Skins have been playing good ball as of late. I’ll lean towards Washington in this game. WASHINGTON 21 NY GIANTS 20

Posted : December 21, 2009 1:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

15 Dime NFL Monday Money Maker - N.Y. GIANTS

New York is the better team and they have their backs against the wall. It's a must-win situation for the Giants and they know it. Their offense is still sharp as they put up 38 points in the shootout loss to the Eagles last week, but the defense has to step up. This was the best defensive unit in the NFL the first five weeks and they will get back to that tonight. Look for a lopsided Giants' win!

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charley Sutton

200 Unit Giants
50 Unit Giants-Redskins Over

Giants at Redskins

GIANTS - The cure for the Giants woes lay in the Washington Redskins. Tonight, laying only about 3 points, depending on where you’re playing this, the New York Giants will wake from their slumber and beat up in their NFC East rival. Going back a few seasons, it doesn’t matter what’s going on with these two, the Giants have owned Washington. The Giants are 6-1 SU and 5-1-1 ATS their last 7 meetings, including three consecutive SU victories where they haven’t not covered. In that three-game stretch New York has beaten Washington by an average of 10.3 points per game. It’ll happen again as the Giants roll.

Giants-Redskins Total

OVER - When the Giants and Redskins opened the season they went Over the Total against each other for the first time in 5 meetings. That was a precursor for things to come as the Giants have seen the Over go 8-4-1 this season, while Washington has seen it go 7-6. However, even though the Over is just 7-6 for the Skins, it has gone 6-1 their last 7 games. The Giants have seen the Over go 6-3 their last 9 games, including a 3-1 run coming into tonight. These two will do it again and go Over tonight’s Total.

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chuck O'Brien

25 DIME: REDSKINS

Washington has covered the spread in each of its last five games, and though it lost three of those contests outright, those three defeats came by a total of seven points – and all three of the losses came against playoff teams (7-6 at Dallas; 27-24 at Philadelphia; 33-30 to New Orleans in overtime). Well, the Giants are NOT a playoff team. They come into this game having lost six of their last eight, cashing just once during this stretch. New York has played only three road games during the eight-game span, and it not only lost all three, it got destroyed in all three (26-6 at Denver; 40-19 at Philly; 48-27 at New Orleans). … New York has allowed 24 points or more in seven of its last eight games, including 31, 26, 24 and 45 in the last four. Meanwhile, Jason Campbell (820 passing yards, 7 TDs) and the Redskins’ offense – which didn’t get over 17 points in any of its first eight outings – have finally started to heat up, tallying 24 points or more in four of the last five games, including scoring 30 and 34 the last two weeks. … New York has failed to cover in six of its last eight NFC East contests, it is 4-10-1 ATS in its last 15 Monday Night games and as part of its 1-7 ATS slump, it is 0-5 ATS as a favorite. Add it all up and there’s no way the Giants should be favored tonight, and with the Redskins treating this as their playoff game (a win here would knock their division rivals out of the postseason picture) they’ll come to play just as hard as – if not harder than – they have the last five weeks.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jay McNeil

15 Dime - REDSKINS

Washington has covered in its last five games, going 2-3 SU with all three losses being by three points or less to tough Dallas, Philadelphia and New Orleans teams, while New York is 2-6 SU and 1-7 ATS in its last eight games following a 5-0 (3-1-1 ATS) start. The Redskins have averaged 29.3 points over their last three games while the Giants have allowed an average of 31.5 points over their last four games, Washington's defense is a lot more sound than New York's is right now, and the Redskins would love to help keep their NFC East rivals out of the playoff picture this season.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joel Tyson

500♦ - NY Giants minus the points

I know the Giants are looking like yesterday's news, and I know the Redskins have been very competitive of late, but I have to believe Big Blue has ONE solid effort left in them to save their season.

The Giants did knock off the Redskins 23-17, way back on Week One, and are on a 6-1 straight up run against Washington, including a 3-0 SU and ATS run at Washington the last 3 meetings.

True, New York is a former shell of their Super Bowl winning team, but I believe they will have just enough to take this one both straight up, and against the spread.

Take New York minus the points.

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

30 DIME - NEW YORK GIANTS - (if 3 1/2 you buy the 1/2, and lay 3. Never get beat by the hook) - Don't trust Jason Campbell on the big stage.

As good as the Redskins have been, as good as they have played, I have sat back and watched this guy give games away.

I am aware of how good Washington has been playing, covering 5 in a row and against the likes of the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints and Raiders.

If you look closer at those 5 games they could have very easily won all 5 of those SU but fact of the matter is they didn't.

Campbell has looked really good lately, but I have trusted him way too many times in exact situations like this only to have him implode.

As for the Giants, they came off the big win over Dallas to a loss at home to Philly, a game they came back from 14-0 down to take a 31-30 lead only to lose 45-38.

They got the big plays to beat Dallas, but gave up the big play to lose to Philly. What favors New York here is the fact the Redskins are not a big play offense.

Also, when it comes to the NFC East you have always had a weird dynamic involving Dallas, Philly, Giants and Redskins.

Washington plays the Eagles and Cowboys tough, but struggle against the Giants. While the Giants always battle hard versus Philly and Dallas, but have their way with Washington.

No matter how badly this Giants team has been lately the numbers strongly support New York being the play here.

They've won 6 of their last 7 games versus the Redskins going 5-1-1 ATS.

Not only has the Giants won 3 in a row SU at Fed Ex Field, but has covered 5 of their last 7 trips here.

Lastly, the road team is 4-1-1 ATS last 6 in this series and the favorite is 7-2-1 ATS last 10.

I will ride the Giants to continue their dominance over this Redskins team.

15 DIME - PHOENIX SUNS - Revenge will be sweet tonight for the Suns.

In the first meeting you can thank the NBA schedule maker for serving up the Suns on a silver platter for the Cavs to just blow them out, which they did 107-90 jumping out to a 58-39 halftime lead.

Starting on November 3rd, the Suns played 12 of their 16 games on the road including 2 East coast road trips, and guess who the last team on the tough run was, yup Cleveland.

From the 3rd through the 9th the Suns played at Miami, Orlando, Boston, Washington and Philly. That is 5 games in 7 nights on the road.

They returned back to the land of the Sun for a home game against the Hornets only to go to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers on back-to-back nights.

They got Toronto at home before 2 more on the road at Houston and New Orleans before back home for a pair with Detroit and Memphis.

Next thing you know back to the East coast for 4 more games at Minnesota, Toronto, New York and Cleveland.

So if it wasn't hard enough rolling into Cleveland playing on back-to-back nights having battled the Knicks the night before, it was also the 4th game in 6 nights.

And as I pointed out, their 12th road game in 16 games played over 32 days.

I don't care who you are, a schedule like that and jet lag would lead to any blowout.

Now back home well rested playing only their 4th game in the last 9 days and catching the Cavs on back to back nights having played in Dallas last night, I will jump all over this Suns team at home in this spot here.

With the line being so low and the Suns a perfect 10-0 at home this year covering 7 of those.

A win is most likely going to be a cover and I will gladly jump on Phoenix in a great revenge spot here and a perfect back-to-back spot to get the win over this Cavs bunch.

The only team to roll into Phoenix on the 2nd of back to back games was the Pistons and the up tempo Suns destroyed them 117-91.

I can't see a destruction like that but I do see the Suns taking care of business and getting the win.

FREE SELECTION - CAL SANTA BARBARA GAUCHOS

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVID BANKS

Washington Redskins +3
Over 43.5

Milwaukee Bucks +2.5
Orlando Magic -7.5
Phoenix Suns -2.5

Oklahoma -3
Kentucky -19

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gary Olshan

Giants at Redskins
Pick: Over 42.5

With Washington QB Campbell establishing rapport with his young, emerging WRs, and N.Y. QB Manning looking sharper and healthier, expect this Monday Night affair to go OVER the total. No question Giant defense has all kinds of problems, lacking any real pass rush, which is putting undue burden on a hurting 2ndary sorely missing S Phillips. So, in what shapes up as a shootout, go OVER in this NFC East battle.

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAS

UC Santa Barb +16

Cal Poly +1.5

Boise St -7

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sportsbetsnow

3 Units Cavs +2.5

1 Unit Skins +3

Posted : December 21, 2009 11:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

UTEP/Oklahoma
8* OVER 148

Milwaukee/Indiana
7* OVER 104 1H

4* Milwaukee +1 1H

9* Orlando -8 Best Bet of the day

7* Sacramento +3.5

8* Cleveland +2.5

Posted : December 21, 2009 1:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

UTEP vs. Oklahoma
Bet: UTEP +3

I think the oddsmakers set this line to entice public action based solely on the name recognition of the Oklahoma program. I don't think the Sooners should be favored, and I truly expect UTEP to win this game outright. Both sets of power ratings I use have UTEP as the better team. I looked in-depth at many stats for both teams and see UTEP is ranked 48th among 347 Division 1 teams in defensive efficiency, while Oklahoma ranks 201st. To make a long story short, UTEP owns edges in practically every statistical category with the exception of free-throw shooting. I also like UTEP's height advantage in this matchup (UTEP owns an effective height rating of +3.2, as compared to +0.8 for the Sooners), and they should control the boards in this one. I see a 5-point outright win for the Miners. Take the points with UTEP.

Posted : December 21, 2009 2:03 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: