Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Monday, December 28, 2009

71 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SAMMY JANKUS

Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

Texas A&M vs Georgia
3* Texas A&M +7

Anyone who watched the Aggie offense rip through Texas like a hot knife through butter will be all over A&M here… but not Sammy! Georgia HC Mark Richt was so disgusted by his team’s defensive effort this season he fired three of his assistant coaches and vowed to right the ship before this game. I believe the Dawgs can run the ball all day long and keep A&M’s explosive offense on the sidelines. I like the Bulldogs by double digits – so your play is on TEXAS A&M.

Posted : December 24, 2009 11:17 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pointwise Phone Service

1* CHICAGO

Posted : December 26, 2009 7:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

R.A.W. FOOTBALL

3* - Minnesota

Posted : December 27, 2009 8:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

250 Texas A&M

Posted : December 27, 2009 9:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Inside Corner

4 Units Vikings/Bears UNDER 41

Posted : December 27, 2009 9:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sixth Sense

Opinion

Minnesota -7 CHICAGO 41

Minnesota was destroyed at Carolina last week 26-7. They were out rushed 124 yards to 41 yards, out passed 7.8yps to 6.3yps as both teams gained 5.3yppl each. Those numbers would have been much worse for Minnesota but Carolina kept the ball on the ground for 40 plays. The Bears were destroyed again at Baltimore, 31-7. Their only score came on a punt return. They were out passed 6.3yps to 2.9yps and out gained overall 5.2yppl to 3.4yppl. The Vikings average 6.9yps against 6.3yps and 5.7yppl against 5.4yppl. The defense allows just 3.9ypr against 4.2ypr but 6.0yps against 5.8yps and 5.2yppl against 5.1yppl. The Bears have been terrible the second half of the season. They average just 5.6yps against 6.3yps and 5.0yppl against 5.3yppl. They defense allows 4.4ypr against 4.2ypr and 5.2yppl against 5.3yppl. Numbers favor Minnesota by 5.5 points and predict about 46 points. I don’t have any situations that apply to this game. Much like Dallas, Minnesota struggles in Chicago, having lost seven of the last eight games with the lone win two years ago by three points. You would have to go back to 2000 to find their second win over the last ten years here. Last couple of years have been high scoring games but the weather is likely to be cold and Favre has struggled in the cold, including basically quitting here three years ago with the Packers in a game GB was blown out of in a similar type season. GB went 13-3 that year and this was the second to last game of the season as well. Minnesota has lost three of their last four on the road at Pittsburgh, Arizona and Carolina. But, this is Chicago and the Bears have been terrible as of late. Still, they’ve lost just one game by more than seven points at home this year. MINNESOTA 27 CHICAGO 20

Posted : December 27, 2009 9:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Double Dragon

Texas A&M +7

Posted : December 28, 2009 7:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

3* Vegas Legend - Georgia

Posted : December 28, 2009 8:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Hotsheet

Georgia

Posted : December 28, 2009 10:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME OF THE YEAR (8-0 Streak on MNF 'Big Plays')

At 8:30 pm, our selection is on the Chicago Bears + the points over Minnesota, as the Bears have owned Minnesota at Soldier Field, with wins in seven of the last eight meetings. Additionally, the Bears fall into some of my very best systems tonight, including an 83-31 ATS angle that plays on certain teams off a blowout loss (Chicago lost 31-7 to Baltimore last week), and a 17-1 ATS angle that goes against certain Monday night teams off a loss (Minny lost 26-7 last week as an 8-point favorite to Carolina). Overall, the Bears have lost their last seven games to the spread, but that just provides terrific line value here as, by my calculation, Chicago is getting, at least, an extra 3 points (consider that, just four weeks ago, Minnesota was a 10-point HOME fave vs. Chicago). And, since November 9, 2003, NFL teams off five or more pointspread losses, as well as a Straight-up loss, are a terrific 31-10 ATS, including a perfect 7-0 ATS vs. .770 (or better) opponents. Finally, Monday Night road faves are a poor 38% ATS over the last 30 years off an upset loss, and the Vikings are 12-23 ATS as a favorite vs. the Bears. Monday Night Game of the Year on the Chicago Bears.

Posted : December 28, 2009 10:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

COLORADO ST. RAMS @ FRESNO ST. BULLDOGS
3 UNITS+ FRESNO ST. BULLDOGS -5.5

The Rams look solid at 8-4 but a lot of home cooking, and they have not been on the road since December 1st, and that will cost them here. Rams still wearing the collar in roadies, as they are a lame 0-4. Bukkdogs off of a pair of road losses will be ready to get a win at home. Bulldogs top 3 scorers averaging over 50% shooting, and will be tough to take down at home, especially with the Rams meager road performance thus far. Fresno St with the win and cover here.

Posted : December 28, 2009 10:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

30 DIME - MINNESOTA VIKINGS - (if line is 7 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and lay 7. Never get beat by the hook.) - I would rather lay this number with the Vikings and lose than to take Cutler and the Bears. It's as simple as that.

If the Bears do something tonight they have only done once in their last 10 games, so be it. I will gladly tip my cap to them, take my loss and go about my way.

The Bears have not only dropped 7 straight against the number but just one pointspread cover in their last 10 games against the Browns at home.

The only other team they have beaten was the Rams 17-9 and that was the only game out of 14 this year the SU winner didn't cover the number.

Do I see the Bears winning this game SU tonight? No I do not. I see them losing by double digits just like they did the first time.

With their loss to the Bucs yesterday the Vikings now can steal away home field advantage with a win here, a win next week at home against the Giants, and a Saints loss next week at Carolina.

Considering the implosion of the Saints the last 4 weeks you don't think Minnesota knows the Panthers can beat the Saints the way they are playing? Come on now.

Home field advantage is a very big possibility right now for Minnesota and with all the talk that has gone on about Childress and Favre the last week they take the field tonight knowing home field is right there.

For me last Monday night I just trusted Eli Manning more than I trusted Jason Campbell and I got myself a monster Monday night winner.

Tonight I trust Brett Favre more than I trust Jay Cutler. Enough said.

25 DIME - TEXAS A&M AGGIES - Bottom line is this:

You start putting up 39 points on one of the teams that is playing for the National championship game, and I will gladly go to war with you against anybody.

As I watched the Aggies move up and down the field on that Texas defense, a defense ranked in the top 10 in just about every category, I said whoever gets this team in a bowl game better beware.

They lost a heartbreaker at Colorado 35-34, and as all young teams do they came out flat at Oklahoma and got drilled 65-10.

They rebounded to crush Baylor 38-3 and then the battle against Texas to close out the year 49-38 and put up over 500 yards total offense in giving the Longhorns the scare.

I am talking about 192 rushing yards on the # 1 rush defense in the country, 342 passing yards on the 23rd ranked pass defense and 534 total yards on the # 3 overall defense in the country.

Now you tell me this Georgia defense, which fired their coordinator and 2 other coaches and has a career offensive coordinator in Mark Richt calling the defense tonight is going to stop this A&M offense.

Good luck.

A Georgia defense ranked 41st against the run, 34 against the pass, 30th overall and lacking motivation to be playing in this bowl game anyways?

I will gladly take close to a touchdown with any former head coach in the NFL and watch him out coach his opponent with time to prepare.

See June Jones over Chris Ault for any documentation you need.

Another big key I see in this game is the Georgia offense putting up a lot of points in this game.

25 DIME - TEXAS A&M-GEORGIA OVER - Simply put, this number is just too low.

You have to be motivated in bowl games to play defense and the problem facing the Bulldogs is they just won't be motivated.

As I said earlier, the Aggies put up 39 on the 3rd best overall defense in the country and I don't put it past them to get 40 in this game today.

You add the fact the head coach, who I already mentioned is known for being an offensive coordinator is calling the defense and that is like the blind leading the blind.

NFL head coaches know how to gameplan and prepare better than anybody, and I fully expect Mike Sherman to have some wrinkles up his sleeve for this Georgia defense.

Away from College station this Aggies defense didn't play the same and with A.J Green back for the Bulldogs they are going to get theirs as well.

So in this case, I have this game being just like the 8 of the 12 games involving the Aggies this year which means OVER the total.

25 DIME - 2 TEAM TEASER - TEXAS A&M and OVER - Like I said, let's do exactly as I did with SMU-Nevada, but in this case let's take the total down and go over.

When you have offenses like the ones you have here, you have to have defensives that will be motivated to play with life or death intensity.

I just don't see that happening here over the Christmas holidays.

Fact of the matter is this might turn out to be the highest scoring bowl game of the year.

That is why I am going to teas it and roll the dice with another winning 25 dime tri-fecta.

25 dime 6-point teaser - TEXAS A&M and OVER

FREE SELECTION - DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS

Posted : December 28, 2009 11:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

California Sports

3* Memphis

4* UNC Wil
3* Pitt
3* Portland

Posted : December 28, 2009 11:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rated Picks

Chicago Bears: +8 2 units

Georgia: -7.0 2 units

Oklahoma City Thunder: -6 2 units
Portland Trailblazers: -7 2 units

Fresno State: -6.0 2 units
Gonzaga: -23.5 2 units

Posted : December 28, 2009 11:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MATT FARGO

Vikings at Bears
Pick: Over 41

This total is interesting as just a month ago when these two squared off, the total was set at 47. Now the total is six points less and we have to figure out if that move is justified. The big trends here are both teams have been involved in low scoring games of late. The Vikings have played six straight unders while the Bears have also gone under in six straight games and that is definitely factored into this number. The Minnesota offense, once one of the most explosive in the NFL, has been struggling at times and has been inconsistent. The Chicago defense is hammered with injuries and I see Minnesota getting back into its form, at least enough to put up enough points along with Chicago to push this one over. The Vikings need Adrian Peterson to return to form as he hasn't rushed for 100 yards since Week 10, and since has averaged only 3.1 ypc. The Bears are the cure and we should see Peterson have a solid game with plenty of big plays. Minnesota's struggling defense has quickly and quietly become an issue. Minnesota ranks eighth defensively; fourth against the rush and 16th against the pass. But those numbers have slipped in losses at Carolina and Arizona in the past three weeks. The Bears are considered the perfect remedy and that is no doubt taken into consideration in this total but I think the Bears can have some success on offense in its home stadium. The Vikings fall into a great totals situation as well. Play the ‘Over’ involving road teams where the total is between 35.5 and 42 points that are averaging between 335 and 370 ypg going up against a team allowing between 295 and 335 ypg, after being outgained by 100 or more total yards in their last game. This situation is 22-4 (84.6 percent) since 1983. The longevity alone of this scenario is worth the play. 9* Over Minnesota Vikings/Chicago Bears

Posted : December 28, 2009 12:34 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share: