10 units Over and

5 Unit Parlay Titans and Over

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Bulls/Blazers OVER 179.5

For a number of different reasons I believe we're getting excellent value on the "over" in this situation:

The Bulls struggled defensively in the first two games of a six-game trip, losing 112-93 to Denver on Saturday night after being defeated 108-93 by the Los Angeles Lakers two days earlier. Chicago gave up 100 points in one of its previous 10 games and I expect it to stumble again today.

Keep in mind that the total has gone "over" the posted number in four of Chicago's last five vs. Portland overall.

On the other side of the court: Portland (10-5) had lost two of three and was held under 100 points in five straight contests before beating Minnesota 106-78 on Saturday night; look for them to build off that victory.

The Trail Blazers made 41.7 % (10 for 24) of their 3-point attempts after being held under 30 % in three of their previous five games.

Portland has seen the total go "over" the posted number after playing to 3 or more consecutive "unders", and I look for this trend to continue tonight.

Bottom line: This line is simply too low; when taking into account all of the above factors I have to strongly recommend a play on the OVER! 8* OVER.

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS +115

Keys to selection: The Rangers have hit their low point of the season and they will be without Drury this evening, as it’s reported he has a concussion. Rangers will only go as far as Gaborik will take them and it’s too much pressure to put on one player. Tortorella is shuffling his players and they get pretty thin at the 3rd and 4th line.

Database Tip: When COLUMBUS team played as Road team as a Underdog - Vs Non Conference Opponent - Last 2 years; the Blue Jackets are 10-3 SU in this role.

ATS Ratings: Columbus by 0.15 goals.

Ron’s Prediction: Columbus 4 NY Rangers 2

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

TENNESSEE TITANS +4

Tennessee has a great deal of momentum heading into this game. They had to deal with numerous injuries this season, as well as a tough opening schedule. However, their secondary is finally healthy, and the team overall is the most healthy they have been all season. Meanwhile, Houston was one of the hottest teams in the NFL before their bye week, but I feel that they will come out sluggish in this game. Bye weeks in the NFL can either help or hurt a team, and I feel in this case it will cause the Texans to lose some of the momentum that they have gained. Overall this is an AFC South divisional match-up. These two teams are rivals, and the Titans want revenge for their loss to the Texans earlier this season. Several players have stated that they want to pound Houston to make for the loss they gave them on their home field. These two teams know each other very well, and the underdog in this match-up has covered several times over the last few years. Look for Tennessee to either cover and/or win this game outright.

4 UNIT SELECTION TITANS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS -120

Penguins are 4-0 in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400. Penguins are 6-0 in their last 6 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150. Penguins are 8-0 in their last 8 games as a road favorite. Penguins are 24-8 in their last 32 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game. Penguins are 38-13 in their last 51 games as a favorite. Penguins are 11-4 in their last 15 games playing on 1 days rest. Penguins are 37-14 in their last 51 vs. Eastern Conference. Penguins are 47-21 in their last 68 overall. Penguins are 31-14 in their last 45 games following a win. Penguins are 37-17 in their last 54 vs. Southeast. Penguins are 47-22 in their last 69 games as a favorite of -110 to -150. Penguins are 41-20 in their last 61 vs. a team with a losing record. Panthers are 17-36-6 in their last 59 Monday games. Panthers are 7-19 in their last 26 games as a home underdog. Penguins are 8-3 in the last 11 meetings. We'll play Pittsburgh for 3 units tonight!

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

MILWAUKEE BUCKS +9

The Bucks are red hot SU and ATS. I am impressed with Jennings at guard and he is the real deal and threat to score every trip down the court. Milwaukee has been scoring lights out and have beaten teams like Denver in a 7-1 SU run, the only loss a OT loss to Dallas. San Antonio is still hit and miss, and are laying a huge number in this one against a team that plays good defense and can score. A solid matchup with too many points. This series is always tight with the dog covering 7 out of the last 9 games, and the Bucks are 8-1 ATS the last 9 meetings.

Play 1 Unit on the Bucks

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

TENNESSEE TITANS +4.5

The Titans will look to avenge a home loss suffered to the Texans in Week Two of this season as seven-point favorites when they travel to Houston under the Monday Night lights. For openers, Tennessee is 10-2 SU and ATS as a road dog under head coach Jeff Fisher, including 5-0 SU and ATS when facing a sub .600 opponent. In addition, Fisher is 10-1 SU and 11-0 ATS in his career as a dog off a double-digit spread win versus a .600 or less opponent. Completing the set, the Texans check in at 1-4 SU and 0-5 ATS under head coach Gary Kubiak when they own a .500 or greater record facing a sub .400 opponent. This game has all the makings of an upset. Take the points with the Titans. We recommend a 3-unit play on Tennessee.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INSIDE CORNER

3 units Wash +106
3 units NYI/TOR Over 5.5
3 units Pitt -115

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

7* AFTERNOON ANNIHILATOR

VANDERBILT COMMODORES (-3.5) over Cincinnati Bearcats

The Bearcats and Commodores tip-off the opening round of the Maui Invitational. While I respect Cincinnati, I feel that Vanderbilt will have the advantage. Both teams come in at 2-0. However, the Commodores 2-0 record is much more impressive. While Cincinnati has defeated a pair of weak opponents (Praire View and Toledo) Vanderbilt comes off a victory at St. Mary's. Considering that the Gaels have been practically unbeatable at home in recent years, that win was fairly significant. I also like that the game was so close at the end. Not only did it help to keep this line a little lower than it would have if Cincinnati had won by double-digits, but it also gave the Commodores some close game experience, on the road, vs. a quality opponent. I expect that to serve them well in tournament play. The Bearcats haven't played a quality opponent yet and they haven't played outside of Cincinnati. They also really struggled with lowly Praire View. While I do feel they'll be a solid team this season, I feel this early season matchup will be a tough one. The Bearcats have also struggled in November in recent years. They're 2-5 ATS their last seven November lined games and 12-22 ATS their last 34. Conversely, the Commodores are 8-4 ATS (13-1 SU) in November the last few seasons and 29-18 ATS (54-9 SU!) their last 63. The Commodores are 5-1 SU/ATS the last six times that they were neutral court favorites in the -3.5 to -6 range. I expect them to improve on those numbers here. *7 Annihilator

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Coach Ron Meyer

5* Texans

Posted : November 23, 2009 4:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

SA Spurs -9