Florida +142

Posted : November 30, 2009 6:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dr. Bob

Monday NBA Opinion

GOLDEN STATE (-2 1/2) over Indiana

The Warriors are coming off an embarrassing 97-130 home loss to the Lakers on Saturday night but Golden State is 54-34-1 ATS after a loss the last few years and my ratings favor the Warriors by 4 points in this game even after adjusting for Mike Dunleavy finally back playing for the Pacers (he has 13 points in 16 minutes in his debut). I'll lean with Golden State at -3 or less based on their good record after a loss in recent years.

Monday College Opinion

Florida International (+11) over BOWLING GREEN

Florida International is a bad team (1-7 straight up in games against Division 1 teams and 2-6 ATS), but Bowling Green has been even worse so far this season. In 3 games against Division 1 teams the Falcons have lost by an average of 24 points while going 0-3 ATS with 41% shooting and 51.4% shooting allowed. FIU is a bad defensive team too (53.2% FG allowed), but the Panthers' compensated offensive and defensive ratings are better than Bowling Green. Bowling Green's best game, their 7 point how loss on Saturday to Wisconsin Milwaukee, is only 2 points better than FIU's average game rating, so favoring Bowling Green by double-digits certainly appears to be too much. However, Bowling Green is most likely much better than they've shown so far this season and combining their pre-season rating with their season rating after 3 games would result in a line of 9 points. I'll resist making Florida International a Best Bet, but I'll lean with the Panthers plus the points.

Posted : November 30, 2009 6:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

4* Teaser 7 pts -130 New England Patriots +10 & New England/New Orleans OVER 50

Teaser lines currently available at The Greek. Have been flip-flopping on the side all week. Wanted to bet New Orleans with home field but have hard time betting against Brady & company on MNF, especially after blowing their last prime-time game vs. Indy. Strongly believe the winner of this game will be the one with the ball last. If not, and Pats behind, a back-door cover (+10) is a very high probability. Hence, feel very comfortable taking the points. Also, strongly believe both teams' will score a lot of points. However, 57 points is a very high total. Feel safer buying down total to 50, where a 28-23 type game gets the cover. Have hard time not seeing both teams' combining for 51 points. We'll take a shot with another teaser tonight.

Posted : November 30, 2009 6:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

200♦ OVER Patriots/Saints - New England's success has always been to establish the rushing game to set up the passing game for Tom Brady. We saw it become very effective two years ago when the Pats ran the gamut and looked to go unbeaten wire-to-wire.

With the Saints, who have four more rushing attempts (324) this season than passing attempts (320), they bring a deadly trio of Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie Bush out of the backfield and are gaining 154 rushing yards per game. Makes you wonder how the Saints score all those points, right?

Alright so here's my theory ... since the Saints aren't necessarily that good at stopping the run, and the Patriots are looking to force the ball into Drew Brees' hands, I see a shootout ensuing.

I see both teams using balance to their advantage, and the score to be near our target point by halftime. You better believe both teams are going for knockout punches in the first half. There's no doubt the Saints want to do this on their own field, getting the deafening crowd involved as early as possible.

And the Patriots, well, remember a couple weeks back against Indianapolis? Same applies, as they want to jump right out to a big lead the same way they did against the Colts ... only this time I believe they hold the lead, which is where my 50♦ N.E. PATRIOTS play comes in.

I think there is a learning curve here, and after losing at Denver and Indy the same way - by relinquishing late leads, the Patriots have learned their lesson and won't be giving anything up this time around.

I like our chances with the road pup here, but I love my chances even more with the total soaring past the number.

Posted : November 30, 2009 6:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sportbook Guru

10 units New Orleans -1
3 units New England/New Orleans Over 56

5 units San Jose State +5
5 units Rider -1

2 units Washington -150

Posted : November 30, 2009 6:32 pm
(@blade)