0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan AltemusFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Philadelphia Phillies +107
This is a great chance to get one of the best pitchers in the National League, along with the best or second best in the NL, at an underdog price. Colorado has been horrible against the best teams this season while feasting on the weaker teams. Cliff Lee absolutely dominated Colorado in game 1 to rebound from some bad starts down the stretch. He was over used at the end of the season, and I believe his arm was tired. However, Lee was well rested heading into game 1 and shut down Colorado as a result. Colorado's Ubaldo Jimenez was crushed by Philadelphia, and he isn't a dominant pitcher. Philadelphia has the experience advantage, and they have the much better overall line-up. Look for the Phillies to close out the series in this game.
3 UNIT SELECTION

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime
100* Play Miami (+3) over NY Jets
New York has lost 4 of the last 5 games as a road favorite and they have also lost 6 of the last 8 games when playing in the month of October. New York has lost 12 of the last 18 road games and they have also lost 11 of the last 16 games coming off a loss against the spread.

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take the Colorado Rockies -112 over the Philadelphia Phillies

The Rockies look to avoid and stave off elimination today and who better to have on the mound than Ubaldo. He has come through for them time and time again and fell short in Game 1 against Cliff Lee. By the way, give Charlie Emanuel credit for starting Happ instead of Martinez because I think Pedro would have gotten shelled in game 2. Having said that, it makes me irritated because the Rox more than had their chances to win that game. Nevertheless, Ubaldo comes off a five run performance against the Phils and I believe he will have a strong bounce-back at home today. Time and time again after disappointing start, he comes back with a strong start and even his lackluster performances are rare. Ubaldo has put together 8 of 10 quality starts and I see him coming through in a very strong effort this evening. Also, Cliff Lee pitched a complete game gem vs. the Rockies in his last start for his post-game debut but I don't see him accomplishing that once again today. The Rockies don't give a rat's tail about Lee or his reputation but want to survive and take this into game five. Lee is no saint either as leading up to the Colorado game he had given up 10 runs in 11.2 innings losing both to the Astros and Brewers. When Lee is taken to the limit the game is likely to go over the posted total as the Phillies typically give him a few runs of support anyway. In the same token, I expect the Rox to put up their fair share of runs against Lee and I think the 8 line can go over today. Heck, a 4-4 ballgame alone helps push the game over as well as I like the over as well because the Over is 6-0 for the Phillies in their last six road games and Over is 5-0 for the Rockies when they are favored by this margin. The Rockies are also 6-1 in Jiminez's last seven home starts and the home team is 12-2 with Kulpas behind the plate the last 14 games vs. Colorado.

4 Unit Play. Take Over 8 between the Colorado Rockies vs. the Philadelphia Phillies

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Miami

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

26* Phillies / Rockies UNDER 8½ Runs

Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 50.

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

3-Unit Play Take Philadelphia Phils -110 over Colo Rockies

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have to head out to the dreaded DMV so will be back in a bit and get everything caught up.

Posted : October 12, 2009 12:27 pm
(@chad07)

I have to head out to the dreaded DMV so will be back in a bit and get everything caught up.

Keep up the Great work! Just so everyone will know who to FADE Blang has JETS tonight.

Posted : October 12, 2009 1:59 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Get me a fake ID

Posted : October 12, 2009 2:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wasn't to bad only took a hour ;D

Posted : October 12, 2009 2:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LT Profits

Jets -2.5 -111

Rockies -1.5 +180
Rockies -112

Avalanche +178
Penguins -1.5 +250

Posted : October 12, 2009 2:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ MIAMI DOLPHINS - I tried extremely hard to find an argument for the Jets, and trust me, the reasonings were there. But it looks too easy.

The trends, the stats ... everything. It looks too easy. And if it were that easy, wouldn't the Jets be more than the opening 1-1/2-point favorite? Now the line has moved to a field goal, and it's not as if it's been wise money. Trust me, there's a ton of public money on this game, not to mention a slew of handicappers who couldn't pick their nose.

So here's where it made sense to switch to the Dolphins and depend on Tony Sparano's boys to get it done ...

First of all there's the unknown hatred these two teams share, more than the obvious AFC East rivalry thing. Miami linebacker Channing Crowder and Jets running back Leon Washington can't stand one another - literally - and Chowder has now included Mark Sanchez in his war of words.

Said Crowder: “With Florida State, I hated (Washington). I hate him now. If I see him out, I’m not going to talk to him. I’m not going to slap him, but I’m not going to be pleasant. ... Sanchez is probably the only person I haven’t cussed out, because he’s a rookie. He’ll get cussed out this week. ... It’s a rivalry. They don’t like us. We don’t like them."

Does that win ball games, no. But it sure can spark a dominating team effort, say, like the same one these Dolphins provided against the Colts on Monday Night Football a few weeks back.

The Jets are sure to turn to their running game tonight, and that can't be a good idea against the Np. 1 rushing defense in the league. Miami is giving up 61 yards per game, and that stifling stop unit is going to be at its best tonight, to force the Jets to use the league's 27th-ranked passing offense. We saw what happened when Mark Sanchez was under fire against the Saints last week, and I expect the Fins to be the exact same way and provide the exact same fire to shut down the Jets tonight.

I know the Dolphins are just 1-3 after last week's 38-10 blowout win of Buffalo, but let's take a closer look at their games.

They lost their season opener to Atlanta, a team that is 3-1 and whose only loss was in New England. Other than that loss, the high-flying Falcons have outscored their foes 92-37, an average final of 30.7-12.3.

Then there was the disappointing loss on Monday night to the Colts, who had just 15 minutes on offense, but have the benefit of having arguably the best quarterback in the game leading the charge. The Dolphins, easily, could have been in the win column and would have been 1-1 with momentum backing them for a trip to San Diego.

Instead, that disappointing setback sent the Fins cross country for a meeting with the Bolts on a short week ... why would they be motivated? Thus, a 23-13 loss.

But with plenty of time to prepare for the Bills, the Dolphins were dominating in a 38-10 win. And now, with about eight days to prepare for this one, I think there's going to be some surprise in what we'll see with this stifling defense, and quarterback Chad Henne, who is just as experienced as Sanchez at this point ... if not more.

Give me the underdog boys, I like the home team.

Posted : October 12, 2009 2:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Psychic

5 units Miami +2.5 (WiseGuy)

Posted : October 12, 2009 2:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NSA

20* Jets -2