54 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc’s Sports

4 Unit Play. Take Washington over Philadelphia

The Redskins needs this game or else they may have a new coach when the resume games on November 8th. Jim Zorn has been striped of his play calling ability and in come Sherman Lewis, a coach that had success with the Green Bay Packers during the 1990s. It is hard to figure that the Eagles deserve to be this big of a favorite since they just lost to the Oakland Raiders. The dog is usually the strong play on Monday Night and the talent on these teams is much closer to a pick’em game then it is a 7-point road favorite. I do believe that Coach Zorn is liked by his players and I believe they will put forth an all-out effort this week to try and save his job. Washington quiets the critics for one week with an impressive victory at Fed Ex Field. Washington 21, Philadelphia 20.

Posted : October 21, 2009 8:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pointwise Phone Service

2* PHILLY

2* PHILLY/WASH UNDER

Posted : October 25, 2009 4:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sixth Sense

Opinion

Philadelphia -7 WASHINGTON 37.5

Philly lost a game that should have never been close last week on the road at Oakland. They simply over looked a bad Raider team. They were sacked six times and managed just 4.2yps, while averaging 4.8ypr and 4.3yppl overall. While Oakland averaged 5.0yppl and 7.0yps, 86 of those yards came on a Zach Miller touchdown pass, where Miller managed to allude Philly defenders for about 70 of those yards. The play was certainly a fluke and without that play, Oakland would have averaged just 3.7yppl and 4.2yps. They held Oakland to just 3.3ypr. Philly’s numbers have come back to the pack, as they average just 5.6yppl against 5.5yppl. They are playing pretty good defense, allowing just 3.6ypr against 4.0ypr, 5.0yps against 5.4yps and 4.4yppl against 4.7yppl. Washington can’t run the ball as they average just 4.0ypr against 4.6ypr and just 6.0yps against 6.8yps for a total of 5.2yppl against 5.7yppl. When you consider all the bad teams they have played so far, you can see why they are switching play callers this week. On defense, they have been decent, allowing just 4.6yppl against 4.8yppl. There are situations favoring both teams. Numbers favor Philly by seven points and predict about 32 points. Philly is 3-2 SU their last five here in Washington but those wins were by just 2, 3 and 8 points so it has not been easy. Prior to last weeks debacle, Philly had disposed of the bad teams easily winning by 28, 20 and 19 points, scoring at least 33 points in each of those games. Hard to say what we will get from Washington. They have lost only one game by more than six points and that was by eight points last week but they haven’t exactly faced a good team yet this year other than the Giants. In that game they were down and beaten badly before getting a late score to lose by six points. The most points they scored this year is 17 points but they haven’t allowed more than 23 points in a game either. PHILADELPHIA 23 WASHINGTON 9

Posted : October 25, 2009 4:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUBLE DRAGON

EAGLES -7

Posted : October 25, 2009 4:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

NFC East GOM

Redskins

Posted : October 26, 2009 8:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rockdemansports

Eagles

Posted : October 26, 2009 8:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

2009 Football Upset Club

3* Eagles (-7½) over Redskins

Posted : October 26, 2009 11:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

15 Dime - Eagles

I've tried to think of reasons why I should play the Redskins instead of the Eagles tonight, but I just can't take Washington, even if they are getting more than a touchdown at home.

The Redskins are one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL, scoring just 13.2 points per game, and they've already lost to the lowly Lions and Chiefs this season.

If that wasn't bad enough, now head coach Jim Zorn has been stripped of his play-calling duties, and Sherm Lewis, who was lured out of retirement two weeks ago and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2004, is taking over those responsibilities.

And to make matters worse, one of Washington's top offensive weapons, running back Clinton Portis, is dealing with foot, calf, knee and ankle injuries, although he is expected to start.

Philadelphia was embarrassed last week, losing 13-9 to the miserable Raiders, and now Washington is going to pay the price for that humiliation.

Eagles coach Andy Reid is not a man that is used to losing, and I expect his team to give a first-rate effort tonight, especially playing on the national stage. He is 8-2 against the spread in his career on Monday night road games, including 5-0 in division games.

The Redskins are 1-8 ATS at home under Zorn and 2-9-3 overall, while Philadelphia is 4-0 ATS after both a straight-up loss and noncover. Take the Eagles in this one, as I see the final score tonight somewhere in the neighborhood of 27-16.

Posted : October 26, 2009 11:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

10-Dime - Philadelphia Eagles

Posted : October 26, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

15 Dime - Redskins

Posted : October 26, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Philadelphia (-7') 2 Units

We like the Eagles' resilience off losses, especially in this situation: under HC Reid they're 7-0 ATS on the road off a SU loss vs a sub .500 division opponent; moreover, they're 6-1 ATS after scoring less than 15 points the previous week. On the other hand, the Redskins are a mere 1-8 ATS in their last 9 home games; what's more, they're 0-11 ATS off a non division opponent vs an opponent off a double digit ATS loss w/ revenge. The Eagles got swept last year in this series and are eager to right the ship. Throw in the fact that the Redskins are 2-12 ATS as a less than .500 dog vs a division opponent off a SU/ATS loss and the Eagles look like an excellent trend play. Furthermore, with the ongoing Zorn saga - stripped of his play calling as Sherman Lewis (retired since 2004) suddenly emerges to become a surprising voice that would be better off heard by deaf ears. To attain a thorough grasp of an NFL system in limited time is quite challenging to the best of OCs. This line went from a +5 to +7' pretty quick and concerns us; but given the situation and trends we'll throw a little the Eagles way with limited value left.

Posted : October 26, 2009 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Reg - Washington

Posted : October 26, 2009 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I am buying the half-point down to lay just -7 points with this game, as I won't chance it in the event of a backdoor cover, which we've seen one too many times this past week. DO NOT LAY 7-1/2 points with the Eagles, buy the half-point down and lay 7 points only. UPDATE - Looks like the public, the wiseguys or the Lang-faders are moving this line with intensity. Thus, if your line has hit -8 you're stuck laying that line if you didn't get in here early to lay the -7.

Not as long a trip for the Eagles, like last week to Oakland, and they're going to be steaming about taking that game lightly. The fourth-ranked defense gets a crack at the 24th-ranked offense, and just seeing how bad the Raiders really are, the Eagles will be fired up. I feel sorry for Washington quarterback Jason Campbell, who was benched last week against Kansas City. He will be back under center, starting tonight, against a team that has caused an NFL second-best 14 turnovers.

Trust me, there's nothing to it with this team, except to stop the Redskins' three offensive playmakers: running back Clinton Portis, wide receiver Santana Moss, and tight end Chris Cooley. Philadelphia is going to contain them and win this game easily.

The offense will be back in sync - after it failed to get in the end zone last week at Oakland - as I can see them winning this by a score of 28-10, something of that nature. And Washington's touchdown will be during garbage time after the Eagles dominate the entire time.

Lay the chalk with the Eagles tonight

Posted : October 26, 2009 1:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Redskins +8 over Eagles

Losing to Oakland is no fluke. If you look at Philadelphia's schedule you will find it has been very easy and they have yet to play a quality team except for the Saints which was a blowout loss. The Redskins have been even worst with a soft schedule. Both teams really are underachieving and this line is set too high. Washington has beaten Philly the last two times they have played and seem to have their number. Both teams have offensive line problems and should have trouble scoring tonight. Both defenses are pretty good and I expect them both to play a solid game keeping this a very close game. Look for a low scoring game with Washington getting the cover. This is also not a bad spot for a money line on the Redskins. After such a big week with most of the public money teams covering it would not shock me to see the Skins win outright tonight. Take Washington.

Posted : October 26, 2009 2:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS

3 Units Redskins/Eagles Over 37.5

Posted : October 26, 2009 2:07 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: