3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

6 units Car / Dallas Over 47.5

5 Unit Play. Take Under 9.5 Baltimore Orioles @ Tampa Bay Rays

We've taken Hendrickson several time when he faces his former team. Whenever he does, he typically shows up and we cash on the under. When I saw Mark was facing the Rays once again, this was a standard play. Hendrickson faced his former team just recently and had a shaky outing in three innings against them and I look for him to make a quick bounce-back in a familiar setting in Tampa Bay. In that same token, Niemann comes off a bounce-back himself as he gave up three runs against Seattle in roughly seven innings. Granted, he picked up a no-decision in his last start but the Rays ended up losing 3-4. Niemann had put together four of five quality starts overall and his one non-quality start recently came against Baltimore when he yielded six runs in just over four innings. The game was at Baltimore and the Rays ended up losing 5-10. I'm sure Niemann remembers that start as it was just two efforts ago and he will try to redeem himself today. The Under is 15-5-1 for the Orioles when they are underdogs by this margin and the Under is 4-0 in Niemann's last four starts at home.

Posted : September 28, 2009 12:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

25* Indians (+120) over Whitesox
Cloudy with a 60-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 25-30 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.

24* Bluejays (+260) over Redsox
Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

25* La Angels (-165) over Rangers
Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.

Posted : September 28, 2009 12:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston

20 Dime Panthers

5 Dime Panthers-Cowboys Under

Posted : September 28, 2009 12:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

10 Dime - Panthers

Both of these teams have alarming problems that need to be addressed immediately. For starters, neither Dallas nor Carolina has been playing much defense.

The Cowboys have given up 877 yards in their first two games, and have yet to get a sack or turnover. Meanwhile, the Panthers are allowing 33 points per game and star defensive end Julius Peppers is being ripped for the unit's poor performance.

Some of Carolina's problems on defense, though, stem from quarterback Jake Delhomme's penchant for turning the ball over. A more efficient Delhomme probably solves a lot of the team's problems right there.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo also has been struggling, completing just 13 of 29 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown with three interceptions last weekend in Dallas' 33-31 loss to the Giants.

It's not going to be any easier for Romo if tailback Marion Barber, who has a quadriceps injury, misses tonight's game. Barber ran for 124 yards last week, but was hurt in the fourth quarter.

Here's a stat for you: NFL teams who start 0-2 after winning 11 or more games the previous year (Carolina won 12) are 17-7-1 against teams that won 10 games or less the season before (Dallas won nine). Also, the Cowboys are 0-6 ATS at home after playing the Giants, and 0-4 ATS in their last four Monday night games.

If Dallas couldn't get fired up enough last week to play well against New York with all the hype surrounding the opening of the new $1.15 billion Cowboys Stadium, then how is it supposed to blow away a Carolina team that is trying not to fall to 0-3 for the first time since 1998. I'm not saying the Panthers are going to win tonight, but they should manage to stay within a touchdown. Take Carolina to cover the points.

Posted : September 28, 2009 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Black Widow

6* Widow Wiseguy ESPN MNF Bounce-Back BLOOD BATH

Carolina Panthers +9.5

Posted : September 28, 2009 12:49 pm
(@theunseen)
Estimable Member

joe wiz pay after - dallas

asian executive - dallas & dallas over

Posted : September 28, 2009 1:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EDDIE ROMAN

10,000 Dime Monday Night Football Lock

DALLAS COWBOYS -8.5

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

15 DIMER - CAROLINA-DALLAS OVER - Who do you trust tonight? Jake Delhomme or Tony Romo? That is the question.

Who do you trust as a head coach? John Fox or Wade Phillips?

Quite frankly, you can't trust any of those 4 dudes above, but considering how badly these defenses are playing and the fact they can't get any pressure on the QB, OVER is the play for me tonight.

First, let's start with Delhomme, who came back against the Falcons and threw for over 300 yards and just one INT in an 8 point loss. He showed me he seemed to have found a rhythm that is missing.

Now he faces a Cowboys defense that can't stop the run allowing Tampa to run for 171 yards in week one and the Giants for close to 100 yards in week two. The only reason the rushing number wasn't higher for New York is because they saw how badly this Cowboys secondary is and started throwing more.

The Giants had a pair of receivers in Manningham and Smith go for 10 catches and over a 100 yards receiving. Somewhere Steve Smith is licking his chops.

Now considering how poorly this Cowboys secondary is playing through the first two weeks allowing over 300 yards per game, Jake should have some opportunities down the field, especially off of play action.

I've always maintained that if you give Romo time, he can get it done. It's when he faces pressure that he gets in trouble. He won't see any pressure tonight because the Cowboys offensive line has allowed just one sack and the fact the Panthers have recorded only 2.

In week one the Eagles never had to throw the football because they were up 28-10 at the half. McNabb and Kolb threw a total of 27 times completing 18. Matt Ryan was 21 of 27 in week two for 220 yards.

You start completing numbers like that and it tells me guys are open. Wide open.

With both the Cowboys and Panthers having gone OVER in both their games this year and Carolina over 8 of their last 9 regular season games, the OVER is the only play for me and I will let which QB's implodes at the wrong time determine who covers.

Over is the play.

5 DIMER - DETROIT TIGERS - Detroit draws first blood tonight.

I guess the bottom line is I trust the Tigers at home more than I do Blackburn on the road. Simple as that.

He has pitched well in his last 2 starts but I can't get away from his meltdown prior to his last 2 starts which saw him go 1-7 with a 7.36 ERA in his previous 11 outings.

Blackburn is 2-3 with a 4.50 ERA lifetime against the Tigers and in 4 appearances at Detroit including 3 starts how about 0-3 with an 8.00 ERA.

With as much on the line as there is tonight, I believe it's too much pressure for Blackburn to handle.

Rick Porcello is 4-1 with a 3.28 ERA in his last six starts and don't be misled by his 1-2 mark versus the Twins this year. His only appearance at home was rock solid. How about 4-hit ball over 7 shutout innings.

Like the Tigers and some good value with Porcello tonight.

5 DIMER - CLEVELAND INDIANS - Just don't trust Danks tonight.

He comes into tonight's game looking for his first win in 6 starts going 0-2 with an ERA close to 4 in his last 5 starts.

And considering how bad he has been against Cleveland, I just don't see it.

He is 1-5 with a 5.63 ERA in nine starts against the Indians, posting a 10.54 ERA in losing his last three. Not exactly confidence building numbers for Mr.Danks.

Laffey hasn't pitched as bad as his numbers would lead you to believe as he has gotten only 3 runs of support over his last 4 starts.

He is 2-2 with a 3.76 in 5 games versus the Indians and I like the way he is throwing the baseball after his last outing which saw him go 6 2/3 innings of 1-run ball versus the Tigers.

Cleveland has won 3 straight and I like them to get their 4th tonight behind Laffey.
Let's roll with the Tribe.

FREE SELECTION - TEXAS RANGERS

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

15 - Dime DALLAS COWBOYS

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ UNDER Cowboys/Panthers

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Malinsky

Top of the Ticket - Total

4* PHILADELPHIA/HOUSTON Over

With a lame-duck interim manager and nothing to shoot for in the final week of the 2009 season it is not a surprise that the Astros hand the ball to Yorman Bazardo again, and that works out well for us tonight. Bazardo had already thrown 135 pitches in the Minors before being called up in early against, and the experiment of seeing how he would far as a starter has been a complete disaster he has worked to a 12.20 tune over 15.1 innings of four tries, with 27 hits and 11 walks allowed vs. only five strikeouts. There just is not much there, and with both physical and mental fatigue as issues this is the wrong lineup to face, particularly in this ballpark on a night that will bring a favorable hitters wind. It also means this Total is too low. Cole Hamels brings the appearance of form right now, but that is what happens when face the Mets twice, the Pirates, Nationals and Giants within a span of five weeks. The Astros read him well in Houston four starts back, scoring four runs on eight hits over six innings, he has had particular problems with Lance Berkman (3.53 lifetime in 17 at-bats) and Miguel Tejada (an impressive 6-8, with three doubles). And while Carlos Lee may only sport a .214 average over his 14 at-bats, those trips to the plate have produced seven rbis. There is also that matter of the Phillie bullpen for the latter stages, with Charlie Manuel still not set with his closer situation despite the playoffs being only a week away, which means ample opportunities can be available in the latter stages.

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000* - Carolina Panthers

500* - Detroit w/Porcello over Blackburn

If you ask me, both QB's have issues with the dreaded turnover, and when you have such a case, you must look to the "value" in the line the oddsmakers put out there, and tonight I see that line "value" resting with the underdog.

I just get the feeling this line is a little too high, and it is a little high because of the fact the Cowboys are playing in their new stadium once again under the prime time lights.

Let's face facts, if Carolina drops this one, they move to 0-3 heading into their bye week, and while they may very well be 0-3 after this game, I have to believe that the "desperate" Panthers will muster an effort that keeps this one close.

The Panthers are 28-15-1 under John Fox as the road dog, and the Cowboys are just 4-5 their last 9 as a home favorite.

Dallas guts it out, and gets the win, but Carolina takes it where it counts, at the ticket window.

Take the points.

1000♦ - Carolina Panthers

Big baseball series gets underway in the Motor City tonight, as Minnesota and Detroit go out for the AL Central title.

Rick Porcello just lost at Minnesota 2 starts ago, but this time around he gets to face the Twins in the comfort of his home park where the righty is 8-3 for the season.

Nick Blackburn gets the counter for Minny, and Blackburn has won his last pair of starts, but is just 4-7 away from home this season.

Blackburn tossed a complete game win at the Tigers back in July, but my money tonight will be on Detroit to take the critical 1st game, especially in their home park where they are 48-26 for the year.

Minnesota is still below .500 for the year on the road, at 36-40, and I think they will be on the shortside of this one tonight.

500♦ - Detroit w/Porcello over Blackbun

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

Cowboys / Panthers Under

Posted : September 28, 2009 3:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Patron