2* UCONN

Posted : January 1, 2010 11:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Vegas Legend - Mich St. +7.5
Millionaire - Northern ill +7
Billionaire - Ole Miss -3 (Bowl Fav GOY)
No Limit - East Carolina +7.5 (Bowl Underdog GOY)

Posted : January 2, 2010 1:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUBLE DRAGON

South Carolina -4
Oklahoma State +3.5
East Carolina +8
Michigan State +7.5

Posted : January 2, 2010 1:10 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mark Fox

Play: S. Florida -7

In this MAC (Northern Illinois Huskies) vs. Big East (South Florida Bulls) International Bowl game, lay the points with the BULLS!!!

I don't mind lay this many in this game as in my opinion the Bulls play in a much tougher conference than the Huskies and a tougher out of conference schedule making them the better 7-5 team!!!

The Bulls are 4-0 ATS in theri L4 games played in a dome
The Bulls are 3-0 ATS in their L3 games vs. MAC opponents
The Bulls are 3-2 ATS on the ROAD THIS SEASON
The Huskies are 0-7 ATS in their L7 games vs. a team with a winning record
The Huskies are 0-4 ATS in their L4 neutral site games
The Huskies have LOST 2 STRAIGHT ROAD games SU & ATS (4 STRAIGHT ROAD games ATS)!!!
The Huskies are 1-4 ATS in their L5 games in games played on a neutral field INCLUDING 0-2 ATS in their L2!!!
The Huskies are 1-3 ATS in their L4 games after a bye week
In their last meeting in 2002, the BULLS defeated the Huskies 37-6 as 7 point favorites!!!

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Oklahoma St +3

The Cowboys meet the Rebels Saturday afternoon the on Cotton Bowl with both teams looking to rebound following poor season ending performances. Player suspensions and a less-than-100% QB Zac Robinson (ankle and shoulder problems) played a large part in the Cowboys’ ugly 27-0 loss to the Sooners at Norman. But Ole Miss simply laid a really big one in their annual Egg Bowl battle with Mississippi State. Rebel QB Jevan Snead entered 2009 as one of the most hyped signal callers in college football but finished the season completing just 54.3% of his passes while posting a mediocre 20-to-17 TD/INT ratio (tossed three picks in the loss to MSU). The Rebel defense will also have to regroup after getting gashed for over 300 rushing yards by the Bulldogs – not to mention adjusting to the absence of senior DE Greg Hardy who was lost for the season after wrist surgery in November. Okie State’s stop unit improved a solid 76 YPG over last year’s edition under new DC Bill Young, but injuries an player losses proved costly for the Cowboys this campaign. A lot of those nicks and bruises have healed and when we turn to our database it tells the that OSU should be up to the task. That's because teams off a loss in the same bowl game they played in last year off a spread loss are 0-14 ATS versus a .750 or less opponent that won five or more games last season. Playing in its first New Year’s bowl under HC Mike Gundy, OSU is 8-1 ATS off a shutout loss, 3-1 SU and 4-0 ATS off a loss versus SEC opposition and has rolled up 38 PPG in its last three bowl appearances. We also like the fact that the favorite in Houston Nutt bowls is 2-6 ATS. Look for the combination of an 11-point loss to Oregon in last year’s Holiday Bowl and the recent egging by Oklahoma will have the Cowboys riled up today. We recommend a 3-unit play on Oklahoma State

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bill Marzano

Arkansas at East Carolina
Play: East Carolina +7.5

I really like ECU in this game + the points vs Arkansas and in fact I think they pull off the upset...I think both teams matchup well vs one another and expect a close game either way...the public has been hammering the Razorbacks probably because of the SEC team but this ECU team is very well coached and great special teams...I like ECU + the points here.

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Kruuger

Play: Texas Tech -8

You may have not heard but a Nov. 22 brawl on the Spartan campus involved a number of MSU football players and led to coach Mark Dantonio kicking two players off the team and suspending eight more, including starting defensive back Chris Rucker and receivers Mark Dell and B.J. Cunningham. This event has cast a dark cloud over the program. Michigan State is hurt most at the wide receiver position and will now be missing 76 receptions, 1,119 yards and six touchdowns. The 1,119 yards make up more than a third of MSU's total passing attack. Senior Blair White and sophomore Keshawn Martin represent the only remaining wide outs who have caught passes this season, leaving the door open for several players to have their first opportunities in a game. Which players get that opportunity, however, is still anyone's guess. Most of the remaining receivers are walk-ons, not a confidence-building side for MSU's backers.

Michigan State's secondary will be tested by the No. 2 pass offense in the nation. Tech's offense is led by senior quarterback Taylor Potts, who threw for 3,068 yards and 20 touchdowns. Freshman receiver Alex Torres is Texas Tech's leading receiver with 791 yards and six touchdowns. Michigan State's secondary gave up 251 passing yards per-game this season, worst in the Big Ten, and are ranked 103rd in the nation in passing yards allowed.

While the Spartans do have All-American linebacker Greg Jones, who was named Big Ten defensive player of the year, he can't do everything. Michigan State did tally 34 sacks but the Tech offense is a short passing attack and is difficult to get much pressure on.

Take the Red Raiders.

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sportsbetsnow

2 Units Illinois -3

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DR BOB

2 Star Selection
**South Carolina (-4.0) 32 Connecticut 21 (at Papajohns.com Bowl)

I'll take South Carolina in a 2-Star Best Bet at -5 points or less (they'd be a Strong Opinion from -5 1/2 or -6 points) and I would lean with the over at 51 points or less.

Strong Opinion
Mississippi (-3.0) 29 Oklahoma St. 21 (at Cotton Bowl)

I'll consider Mississippi a Strong Opinion at -3 points or less (a lean at more than -3) and I have no opinion on the total.

Northern Ill 20 S. Florida (-7.0) 24 (at International Bowl)
09:00 AM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

I'll lean with Northern Illinois at +6 points or more and I'll lean under 47 points or higher.

Arkansas (-7.5) 35 East Carolina 26 (at Liberty Bowl)

I have no opinion on the side at -7 1/2 or more, but I'd lean with Arkansas if the line goes down to -7 points. I will lean with the Under at 63 points or higher.

Texas Tech (-7.5) 33 Michigan St. 26 (at Alamo Bowl)

After making all the necessary adjustments my math model favors Texas Tech by 9 points with a total of 58 1/2 points, but Michigan State applies to a solid 53-21-3 ATS Bowl situation that plays on bowl underdogs that under-performed during the regular season. I have no opinion on the side or the total in this game.

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

600♦ NORTHERN ILLINOIS HUSKIES

Honestly, I don't understand the line at all. The only thing I make of it is that South Florida hails from the Big East, and the Huskies are coming out of the Mid-American Conference.But in this game, that doesn't matter one bit.The Huskies are hungry, and those who remain from last season's run to the postseason, which ended with a loss in the Independence Bowl, 17-10 to LouiSIAna Tech, it's a game they want to win outright, not just play well in.I actually wouldn't be surprised if Northern Illinois were able to win this game.I know South Florida appears to have a sound defense all around, but this is also a Bulls team that lost five of its last seven football games after it lost third-year starting QB Matt Grothe to a season-ending injury in Week 3.And before you tell me one of those wins came against West Virginia, I'll remind you that has quietly become a nice little budding rivalry in the Big East. And, for whatever reason, the Mountaineers have lost three of five games overall against USF. Just tells me the Bulls got up for that game.But why couldn't they against Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Miami or U Conn? I know those are powerhouse programs, but they weren't even competitive Their offense were non-existent. Their 90th-ranked passing game was exposed. Their masked 31st-ranked defense was decimated.And now they catch an NIU team that has taken their lumps during an up-and-down season, in which they've all grown up. It'd be hard for you to show me any kind of intensity from South Florida, that Northern Illinois has demonstrated down the stretch, even in very tough losses to Ohio and Central Michigan.Well-rested, the Huskies are healed up from the grind-it-out campaign the MAC teams play, and I believe with this one being early - the first game of the day - the Huskies will be the team ready and raring to go.The Huskies posted 30.8 points and 354.1 total yards per game, including a staggering 202.4 rushing ypg. ON the flipside, the defense yielded a mere 21.2 points and 323.6 yards per contest (119 rushing ypg). I expect their best effort in what will be a much closer game than the oddsmakers think!

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

60 DIME - EAST CAROLINA PIRATES
25 DIME - NORTHERN ILLINOIS HUSKIES
25 DIME - CONNECTICUT HUSKIES

60 DIME - EAST CAROLINA PIRATES - I know about Arkansas, and how explosive they can be, but don't take East Carolina for granted.

It is very hard to cover a 7 1/2 number with a pass defense ranked 104th out of 119 teams in division one.

Skip Holtz has always been a great dog coach as evidenced by his 22-7-1 mark getting points anywhere on the planet earth.

This is solid line value I can't pass up with a team that has better offensive and defensive lines and believe it or not, more experience at QB with 6th year senior Pinkney.

They are familiar with high-powered passing games having faced Houston, and other pass happy offenses in Conference USA so they will be prepared to slow down Arkansas.

The determining factor for me is just how well this East Carolina team played down the stretch and I will gladly back them here in what I feel will be a game that comes down to the wire.

And I don't care what anybody says, coaching DNA favors a Holtz before it favors a Petrino. Enough said.

25 DIME - NORTHERN ILLINOIS HUSKIES -Where does South Florida get the motivation?

I mean, let's hang out in Toronto to play a team from the MAC?

So many of these bowl games are about teams that want to be there. Teams that will play like it means something. Northern Illinois will be that team today.

It's starts with Wisconsin and just how dominate they were over Miami-Florida the other night.

Well guess what folks? This NIU team went into Wisconsin and almost got the outright win as a 16-point underdog before losing 28-20.

I have to question the rumors surrounding head coach Levitt choking another player, and the overall focus of this Bulls squad.

They finished the year covering just 2 of their last 7 games while NIU covered 4 of their last 6.

I will gladly roll with the gritty underdog getting more than a touchdown with the # 1 rushing attack in the MAC and a great redzone team as well.

You are able to run the ball in college and you will be successful in any bowl game. See Wisconsin for a reference.

25 DIME - CONNECTICUT HUSKIES - This is a live dog.

In their 6 games this year as an underdog Uconn has covered all 6, and truth be told they should have won 4 of the 6 SU, instead of 2.

The amazing thing about this Huskies team is they are a couple of plays away from playing in a much bigger bowl game instead of this one here because as you are about to see they could be 12-0.

The lost a heartbreaker at home 12-10 to North Carolina. 24-21 at Pitt. A tough 28-24 loss at West Virginia. A devasting 28-24 loss at home to Rutgers, and a 47-45 score-fest at Cincinnati.

So as you can see this team could very easily be 12-0 folks. That is just how consistent Randy Edsall's team has been all year long.

If that isn't enough for you just know UConn was one of the top ATS teams in the entire country covering 9 of their 11 games this year.

They failed to cover the -7 number at home to Rutgers, and a -7 1/2 number at home to South Florida. They have paid out like an ATM machine all year long, and I will go to the bank with them one more time today.

I know all about the SEC and their speed, but I can't get past just how strong UConn has played all year.

I've been burned by Spurrier the last few years in bowls watching his teams play uninspired football, and furthermore I don't trust Stephen Garcia at QB either.

You throw in the fact the SEC is 0-5 SU and ATS last 5 bowls versus the Big East and for my dollar I will go down swinging with the live dog Uconn to end the season a perfect 7-0 ATS this year.

FREE SELECTION - OLE MISS REBELS

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

75-Dime - Connecticut

40-Dime - South Florida (buy down the 1/2 point if your line is -7 or -7 1/2)

Posted : January 2, 2010 8:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Ark

50* Miss

50* N. Ill

Posted : January 2, 2010 9:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter