92 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Philadelphia Eagles +4

The Eagles meet the Cowboys in an NFL opening round playoff game with redemption on their minds form a pair of losses they have suffered in this series this season. For openers, Philadelphia is 14-5-1 ATS as division dogs withe revenge under head coach Andy Reid, including 7-1 SU and 8-0 ATS when playing off a division game. In addition, the Eagles are 7-0 SU and 5-2 ATS in opening round playoff games under Reid. On the flip side, Dallas head coach Wade Phillips is 1-4 SU and ATS in post season play, including 0-3 SU and ATS when off a division contest. The clincher is the fact that teams in right back rematches who lost both SU and ATS in a season ending finale are 6-1-1 ATS in opening round playoff games since 1988, including 4-0 SU and ATS if they average more than 100 rushing yards per game on the season. Look for the Cowboys to make it seven straight playoff losses in a row here today. We recommend a 3-unit play on Philadelphia.

Posted : January 9, 2010 2:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

100* CIN under
50* CIN
50* Phil
50* Phil over

Posted : January 9, 2010 2:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cal Sports

4* Cleveland St

4* Md Tenn St

Posted : January 9, 2010 2:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Unlimited

7* PHI / DAL Over 45

7* Stanford -4

5* New Mexico

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

3* Bengals -2.5

2* Eagles +3.5

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DB Sports Consultants

15* Dallas -3.5

7* NY Jets ML + 115

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pointwise Phone Service

3* CINCY

2* DALLAS

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Cokin

C Florida

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andre Gomes

Charlotte Bobcats -6

We should not be afraid in laying the Bobcats tonight in a medium chalk line of 6 points. My projected line for this contest is the Bobcats to receive a blowout line of -8/9.5 and so we should be fine with this key number.

I've already said that the Grizzlies rely too much on their starters especially in their "big 4": Mayo, Gay, Randolph and Gasol. When these 4 players are healthy and aggressive then the Grizzlies can play some offense, as they crush the boards and pound their opponents down low. They don't play defense at all, but by dominating the boards and being effective offensively, they have been a nice surprise so far in the season.

The problem is when their players are tired and they don't have fresh legs to attack the rim. In that case the Grizzlies are automatically in trouble because like I've said…they don't play defense! Unfortunately for them that's the case of tonight's game, as this will be their fourth game in just 5 days and last night they had a tough battle against the Jazz at home in a huge emotional game for them (home-home series after losing in Utah). I remember that last night O.J. Mayo played almost 42 minutes, Gasol 39, Gay 41 and Zach Randolph 44 minutes! These 4 players logged major minutes last night and for tonight I expect them to have a physical letdown in Charlotte. In this season, the Grizzlies are 1-4 ATS and 0-5 SU in back to back games on the road!

Meanwhile, the Bobcats are coming from a frustrating loss on the road against the Knicks in a game that they were leading entering the fourth quarter. The Bobcats have been a terrific home team with a 12-4 SU record and in my opinion they have the right defense to hold and limit the Grizzlies offensive unit. To stop the Grizzlies offense you have to defend well the paint and secure your glass and the Bobcats are in the top 7 of both defending the paint and securing the defensive rebounds so I expect them to shutdown a tired team while they will take advantage of the terrible Grizzlies defense. Take the Bobcats tonight.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 504 Charlotte Bobcats (-6)

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

30 Dime – COWBOYS (Buy the 1/2 point)

10 Dime – BENGALS (Make sure this line stays below -3. If it moves up to -3, buy the 1/2 point down)

10 Dime – GEORGETOWN

DALLAS COWBOYS (absolutely, positively buy the half-point) --- I've tried to find every way in the world to take the Eagles in this game, but I just can't do it. I don't care that Andy Reid is 7-0 in the first round of the playoffs. I don't care that the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996. Eventually these streaks have to come to an end and I see no reason that can't happen today. Remember how badly the Cowboys got raked over the coals for being a horrible December team? Well, somehow they figured out how to get that monkey off their back this year and I believe it's only going to lead to bigger and better things this post-season.

Look, we all know for years the media and other football "gurus" have said the Cowboys were more than talented enough to be a Super Bowl contender, but they could never get over that hump. Whether it was coaching or bad luck, it just wasn't happening as it was supposed to. Sometimes you get the feeling a team might have finally exorcised all its demons and can finally get to the place that everyone has been thinking they'd be for the past few years. Boys and girls, I think this year might just be that year.

Everything seems to be working at just the right time... Roy Williams isn't whining, Tony Romo doesn't have any girlfriend distractions, Wade Phillips is not messing up a good thing, Jason Garrett is finally calling good games, and the defense has finally played up to its expectations. Factor in the running game is where it needs to be, Jason Witten is getting more and more involved, and the offensive line is opening gaping holes for the running game to succeed. Right now, the Cowboys are playing as good as just about anyone in the NFL.

Meanwhile, the Eagles are still a little shell-shocked from what happened last week and now they're starting to point fingers. Remember, this team was winning games in November and December... and winning them handily. Everything was just picture-perfect. Then Dallas not only shut them out, they knocked them from the #2 seed and a first-round bye all the way down to the #6 seed and no chance of hosting a single playoff game. Think about it from the players' perspectives... in the back of your mind you honestly believe you are better than the Cowboys and you have little doubt you'll get a week off. It's got to be a little deflating when you drop five spots in the playoff seeding because of one stupid loss.

And how about the recent reports that Donovan McNabb could be on his way out of Philadelphia after this year? Or that McNabb got into a subtle "war of words" with WR DeSean Jackson about his comments that younger players "stood around waiting for other players to make plays". Sometimes when you handicap a game, you have to throw the numbers out and look at who's hot, who wants it more, and which team has less turmoil surrounding them. I believe Dallas finally believes they are the best team in the NFC, and they'll prove it tonight with a 20-10 win over the Eagles... and yes, I'm well aware it will be the third straight win over Philly.

CINCINNATI (make sure this game stays below 3. if your line moves to 3, buy the half-point down to -2 1/2) --- It's not often I take this many favorites in the playoffs, but I can't argue with logic. We live in a society that remembers things on a short-term basis, so what we saw last Sunday night is hard to forget. Yes, I realize the Bengals didn't play many of their starters in the second half, but that game was over in the first quarter, so let's not even pretend that Cincy had a chance, whether the starters played or not.
All I've kept hearing is how the Jets have the best defense in the league and the best running game in the league and blah, blah, blah. What people fail to realize is that Cincy has a pretty darn good defense themselves, not to mention the fact that Cedric Benson is every bit the running back Thomas Jones is... maybe even better. You see, the Bengals are a completely different team than a year ago because they made it a priority to run the ball despite having a former All Pro QB like Carson Palmer.

And therein lies the biggest difference today... QB. Mark Sanchez vs. Carson Palmer. Who do you want leading the offense you're backing today? Do you want an established veteran who have weapons all over the field playing at home, or do you want a rookie who has more INTs than TDs playing in a hostile environment in his first ever playoff game? The Jets may have an ever-so-slight advantage on defense and in the running game, but the Bengals have a HUGE advantage under center, and that's going to be the difference.

Posted : January 9, 2010 3:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

NCAAB SATURDAY DESTRUCTION

WEST VIRGINIA @ NOTRE DAME
3 UNITS: NOTRE DAME +3.5

I think many have a short memory when it comes to this Irish team at home. They have enjoyed perhaps the top homecurt advantage in the country over the past several years. This is a team that is 61-4 in their last 65 in this building. The Big East is arguably the toughest conference of all because of its depth, but the Irish have blown through the Big east winning 27 of their last 29 at home. The last time they were instituted as a home dog, the Irish beat Louisville by 33! Mountaineers on the fast track, but that train has derailed as a small favorite, where they are 1-7 in their last 8 as a road favorite of up to 6.5. Irish will stand tall and proud in this one.

Posted : January 9, 2010 4:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Heisman Trophy Club

10* Cincinnati

10* Philadelphia

Posted : January 9, 2010 4:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FRANK PATRON