SAN DIEGO STATE +3
HAWAII -29.5

Posted : November 20, 2010 8:35 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

TEXAS -23

As you know, its been a very disappointing season for the Longhorns. A "blowout" win over Florida Atlantic won't change that fact. That said, it would make this team feel a lot better about itself. It would also keep the Longhorns' "bowl" hopes alive and give them some much needed momentum for next week's final vs. Texas A&M. The Longhorns have serious talent edges in this game and I expect them to come together and demonstrate that this afternoon. While there's no denying Texas has the talent and athletic advantage, some may fear that the Longhorns have quit on the season. I don't expect that to be an issue though. Coach Mack Brown concurs. He was quoted as saying: "We've asked the kids to make sure they've committed for 12 days on Saturday. ... We want the kids to keep fighting. We said you cannot have the season you want, but you can't ever quit. If you quit, what an awful message to you in the rest of your life -- I don't see them doing that." While the Longhorns are 14-0 SU against teams currently in the Sun Belt, the Owls are 0-5 SU/ATS their last five against teams from the Big 12. The Owls have been terrible in non-conference road games for years. The last time that they played a non-conference opponent with any type of talent on 10/2, when they visited South Florida. That resulted in a 31-3 blowout loss. Including that result, they're just 7-12 SU/ATS on the road, the past few seasons. Given the fact that they need a win to keep their bowl hopes alive, there will be no looking past the Owls. Texas senior James Kirkendoll said this of the team's current state of mind: "I think at this point we have a sense of urgency. It doesn't matter who we play. We have to win the next two games if we want to go to a bowl game." These teams met here in 2008. Before the game Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger suggested that Texas was "soft" and vulnerable against "smash-mouth football." The Longhorns went on to punish the Owls with a commanding 232-37 edge on the ground, which led to a 31-13 advantage in first downs. The final score was 52-10 in favor of the Longhorns. They've got a lot of frustration to take out and I look for a similarly lopsided result here.

SAN JOSE STATE +28

I successfully played against the Warriors in their last game, a blowout loss at Boise State. They're back home now and they've had an extra week to "lick their wounds" and to prepare for San Jose State. As a result, most will expect them to bounce back with a blowout victory. After all, they'd been pretty impressive before those loss to the Broncos. While they may indeed bounce back with a solid win, in my opinion, asking them to win by greater than four touchdowns is asking too much. The Warriors, 1-2 SU/ATS the last three times they were coming off a bye, had a big winning streak snapped in the loss at Boise. That was a huge game for them - this one is not. I believe that it will have been hard for them to put Boise out of their heads these past two weeks and that fully focusing on San Jose State will have been difficult. Keep in mind that the Warriors have already accepted an invitation to the Hawaii Bowl. The Spartans haven't been winning. However, they have been competitive - at least recently. Last week, they lost by four points vs. Utah State. The previous week, in their last road game, they lost by two at New Mexico State. Before that they lost by 15 vs. Fresno State and before that they lost by 22 at Nevada. Other than the Nevada game, which was still a cover, their only "blowout loss" in conference play was vs. Boise State. As already mentioned, Hawaii was also blown out by the Broncos. These Spartans are a "battle-tested bunch" and their ugly overall record is due in part to the fact that they played a killer non-conference schedule. They began the season at Alabama. The next week, they were at Wisconsin. Two weeks later, they were at Utah. Overall, the Spartans have been outgained pretty significantly - again, that's partly due to the schedule. However, over their last three games they've only been outgained by a 437 to 406 margin, in terms of total yards. Led by senior quarterback Jordan La Secla, the Spartans have thrown for 300-plus yards in three straight games with seven touchdown passes. The Spartans finished only 2-10 last season but still played Hawaii very tough, as they have for a few seasons in a row now. The Warriors won last season's meeting by a 17-10 score, in overtime. The previous season, at Hawaii, San Jose State scored an outright win. Before that, in 2007, the Spartans hung within seven, losing 42-35. I look for this one to be closer than most are expecting once again and am grabbing the generous points.

NORTH CAROLINA -3

The Wolfpack come in with the better record. However, I believe that the Tar Heels are favored for good reason. In fact, while I respect Russell Wilson and the Wolfpack, I feel that the Tar Heels could easily be laying more points. Keep in mind that the Tar Heels were -6 point favorites at NC State last season and -13 point favorites here the previous season. While the Wolfpack are 3-5 SU off a conference victory the past few seasons, (0-3 this season) the Tar Heels are 7-3 when coming off a conference loss. Note that the Wolfpack have lost back to back road games. This is the 100th meeting in this fierce instate rivalry and it goes without saying that both teams badly want to win. I expect the Tar Heels to be just a little "hungrier" though. Not only have the Wolfpack beaten them three straight times, but this is the Tar Heels final home game. This team had dealt with a lot of adversity and has many seniors. They want to go out on top and what better way than by beating the hated Wolfpack in the 100th all-time meeting of the series and their final game in front of their home fans. I look for them to get it done, covering the small number along the way.

INDIANA +10

As you know, the Hoosiers were absolutely destroyed last week. That type of loss is embarrassing and players generally follow it up by working hard in practice and giving their best effort the next game. I expect that to be the case here. The Nittany Lions also come off a loss - theirs may be tougher to bounce back from though. They were up on Ohio State but fell apart and ended up getting blown out. Note that Penn State is 2-3 ATS its last five when coming off a conference loss. Note that prior to last week's loss, the Hoosiers had seen their previous two games (vs. Iowa and Northwestern) decided by three and five points. The Hoosiers covered against the Nittany Lions each of the past two seasons, including a 11 point loss at Penn State (as 24 pt dogs) last season. I expect them to bounce back with a highly motivated effort and for that to lead to at least another cover here.

MICHIGAN +3

You probably heard about Wisconsin's 83-20 victory over Indiana last week. Admittedly, that's pretty impressive. However, a home game against Indiana and a road game at Michigan are two entirely different matters. Of course, the Badgers are well aware of this fact as they're an absolutely awful 1-17 their last 18 here in Ann Arbor, including 0-5 the last five. Now, in part because of last week's lopsided score, the Badgers are being asked to win by more than a field goal. I believe that's asking too much and feel that we're getting excellent value with the talented home underdog. Note that the Badgers were favored by -4.5 points here in 2008. Michigan erased a 19-0 halftime deficit and won 27-25. Including that result, the Badgers are 0-2 SU/ATS the last two times that they were listed as road favorites in the -3.5 to -7 range. The Wolverines haven't been covering - which has helped us even further, in terms of line value. However, they are off back to back wins. They average better than 520 yards per game while scoring 37.7 points. In a game that could come down to the wire, I'll grab the points. However, I expect the Wolverines to continue their homefield dominance in the series and look for them to score the outright upset.

Posted : November 20, 2010 8:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Derek Mancini

40 Dime Michigan

Tremendous reverse line movement here, as the Badgers opened up as high as - 6, only to see the number plummet to its current price, despite as much as 90% of the action being on Wisconsin. Classic spot where the public is what I like to call "knee-jerking" based on last week's ridiculous 83-20 win by the Badgers over Indiana. Your average gambler believes that if the Badgers can put up 83 points on Indiana's terrible defense, then they will easily put up big numbers on Michigan, covering in the process. WRONG!

This game sets up perfectly because the Wolverines weren't exactly great last week, with Denard Robinson getting held to just 68 rushing yards, including 4 turnovers. I actually think that's a good thing, because a motivated Robinson can carry this offense all by himself. Not to mention, the Badgers run defense isn't exactly stout, allowing 141 yards rushing/game away this season. While the public is fading the Wolverines, I'm expecting the exact opposite - a huge bounce back effort today at home.

Listen guys, my last 40 Dime release was also fading Wisconsin, because I knew the Badgers were being overhyped and overvalued in a road game that presents a lot of problems. Same goes here, but they're acutally coming in even MORE overhyped off the 83 points last week. Most people were going to bet them in this spot anyway... So why are oddsmakers trying to "entice" you to bet Wisconsin with this line? You only need to lay a little more than a field goal to ride a Badgers team that's rolling (5-0 SU & 4-1 ATS), and against a defensively inept Wolverines team... Seems like a "lock" right? WRONG! If I've taught you anything over my win streak, it's that if something looks to good to be true it probably is. Take Michigan plus the points (remember to buy the 1/2 point as instructed above) over Wisconsin Saturday.

Posted : November 20, 2010 10:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LPW Sports Forecast

10 Unit Game of Week - Virginia +7.5 over Boston College

Simply cannot lay points with this anemic BC offense and also note they are 5-16 ats last 21 vs teams with losing records. We also like QB edge Cavs have with Verica and feel Cavs may be catching BC in a performance valley with BC off 3 straight wins and talking Bowl game! Take points and look for a tight game.

10 Unit Underdog Game of Week - NC.State +2.5 over N.Carolina
Tarheels off 2 tough games with Va,Tech and FSU and we simply feel we are getting better team in NC.St and getting points.NC.St 20-8-2 ats in last 30 and keep it going here

8 Units Idaho/Utah.State Over 58.5

8 Units WKU +4.5 over Middle Tenn State

6 Units USC/Oregon.State Over 58.5

5 Units San Diego State +2.5 over Utah

Posted : November 20, 2010 10:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

700-Unit SEC Sure Thing - ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

There is just no stopping the Arkansas offense. The Razorbacks lost WR Greg Childs to injury and in the two games since they have put up 99 points. This team can score from anywhere at anytime in the game and that’s why I’ll lay the points with them on the road at Mississippi State tonight.

It all stems from the confidence and the ability of QB Ryan Mallett who has thrown for 2,967 yards, 24 TDs and just eight INTs this season. He’s led the Razorbacks to four straight wins since that 65-43 shootout loss at Auburn. The only other loss on the schedule was a 24-20 home loss to Alabama back in September.

ON the other side, the Bulldogs fell at Alabama a week ago, 30-10, failing as 13-point underdogs. That loss snapped a six-game winning streak with Mississippi State seemingly winning every close game. They edged Kentucky at home 24-17, snuck by Alabama-Birmingham 29-24 at home and nipped Florida 10-7. That’s three straight narrow wins before falling in Alabama last week. The Crimson Tide got 227 yards passing from QB Greg McElroy and had three TDs of 45 yards or more. And now they have to face a team that specializes in long-distance TDs.

In this matchup, Arkansas has dominated the recent matchups, winning nine of the last 10. Last year, the Razorbacks scored a 42-21 win as 11 ½-point favorites with Mallett throwing for 313 yards and five TDs.

If Mallett has that type of day today in Starksville, this one will turn into a laugher because Mississippi State’s offense just can’t keep up.

Arkansas is on ATS streaks of 16-5 in November games, 4-1 against winning teams, 8-1 in SEC contests and 11-2 after a straight-up win. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are on ATS slides of 2-8 in November games and 2-5 as underdogs.

I’ll lay the points with the Razorbacks in this one as they have too much offense for Mississippi State.

100-Unit Big Ten Smart Play - IOWA HAWKEYES

Isn’t this one of those type of games that always seems to cost Ohio State? The Buckeyes look good for so long, then go on the road in a Big Ten game and lose when they aren’t supposed to. Well, today I’m grabbing the points with Iowa at home as they come in angry after last week’s lost at Northwestern.

The Hawkeyes fell 21-17 at Northwestern as 10-point road favorites. Call it a look-ahead game that rose up and bit them, but it still left them pissed and knowing they need a big win over the Buckeyes are they will find themselves in a second-tier bowl game.

At home, this team has been very good, absolutely dominating Big Ten leader Michigan State 37-6 as a 6 1/2-point favorite and destroying Penn State 24-3 as a 7 ½-point chalk.

Richard Stanzi has had a fabulous season for the Hawkeyes, throwing for 2,482 yards, 22 TDs and four INTs. At home, his offense averages 435.5 yards per game and 240.2 through the air. Defensively, this team really gets after it at home, giving up just nine points a game and 241.7 total yards, including just 71 on the ground.

Last year these two teams went to overtime in Columbus, Ohio, before the Buckeyes won 27-24, but came nowhere near covering the 16 ½-point spread. Ohio State has struggled on the road this season, playing just three away from home all year. They limped to a 24-13 win over a lousy Illinois squad, failing as 16-point favorites, then went to Wisconsin and fell behind 21-0 before losing 31-18, failing as 3 ½-point road chalk. They did go to Minnesota three weeks ago and score a 52-10 win, but the Gophers’ program is in shambles right now.

Iowa is on positive ATS streaks of 4-1 at home, 6-1 after a non-cover, 15-6 against winning teams and 35-17 as an underdog. I’ll grab the points and go with the Hawkeyes today.

100-Unit Pac-10 Rivalry Release - CAL GOLDEN BEARS

People think of this rivalry as being pretty balanced and both teams normally playing well, but it’s simply not the case. Cal has dominated this rivalry matchup the last eight years and even though they come in with the .500 record, look for the Bears to get up for this one at home and take this one down to the final minute.

The Golden Bears have won seven of the last eight meetings (5-2-1 ATS) and they have won each of the last four played in Berkeley. Two seasons ago they clubbed the Cardinal 37-16 as nine-point favorites and last year they went to Stanford and pulled off the 34-28 upset win as seven-point underdogs.

Cal has alternated wins and losses in each of the last eight games, and really played a good game last week at home, taking top-ranked Oregon right down to the wire before losing 15-13, cashing easily as 18 ½-point home underdogs. The Bears’ defense is really coming along, giving up just 26 points in each of their last two games.

I know Stanford comes in as the No. 8 team in the country and winners of five straight games, but there is something about facing their rivals that seems to paralyze this offense. And last week they showed some vulnerability in the 17-13 win over Arizona State, a far cry from their 40-point per game average.

In last year’s “Big Game” Stanford QB Andrew Luck completed just 10-of-30 passes for 157 yards with no TDs and one INT.

Cal is on ATS surges of 16-5 at home, 7-2 at home against teams with winning road records and 7-3 as a home ‘dog of 3 ½ to 10 points. Cal has the talent to play with anybody in the Pac-10 and they’ve proven that. Today, at home, definitely grab the points and go with the Golden Bears.

Posted : November 20, 2010 10:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

4* Michigan State
4* Nebraska Over
3* Tennessee
3* Illinois

The Boooj

Wisconsin
Illinois
Indiana
Cincy
Iowa

Andy Fanelli

Stanford
Iowa
Virginia Tech

Matt Rivers

Nebraska
Connecticut
Georgia

R.A.W. FOOTBALL

5* Oklahoma State
4* Tennessee
4* Boston College
3* Iowa
3* Rutgers

Street Rosenthal

300* Colorado +3
200* Michigan +4
200* Mississippi +17
200* Illinois -8

Craig Davis

Maryland
Marshall

Wisconsin CBB
Ohio St CBB

Billy Coleman

5* Cal +6.5
4* WVirg -4.5
3'* Tenn -9
3* Rice +8.5
3* VaTech -2
3* SDSt +2.5

3* Heat -6.5
3* Nuggets -10.5

4* Colorado -4.5 CBB

Rob Veno

South Carolina Over

Chris Jordan

Utah State

Purelock

Louisiana-Lafayette +10

Nick Bogdanovich

Hawaii -30
Army +8.5

Northcoast

Inside Info - Rice

College 900 POD - Boston College

Early Bird - Central Florida

3.5* Navy Over
3* LSU Under
3* Tulane Under
3* BC Under
3* Calif Under

Wayne Root

Upset Club Mich +4
Baylor +7.5
Millionaire Mich +4
Perfect Play Ore St +3.5

ATS LOCK CLUB

8 Units Boston College - 7
8 Units Florida State -3.5
7 Units Tulsa -17.5
7 Units Miami Florida +2
2 Unit RR Parlay Above
6 Units Northern Illinois -14.5

Hoops
6 Units UNLV -3
4 Units So Ala -2.5
3 Units San Diego St. -13

ATS FINANCIAL

4 Units San Diego St. +2.5
4 Units UNC -2.5
4 Units USC -3

Psychic (1-5)
3 units North Carolina -2.5
5 units Oregon State +3 (WISEGUY)

Sports Lock (1-25)
10 units Purdue +19.5
20 units Michigan +4

Vegas Express (1-50)
15 units Syracuse -4
25 units Iowa +3
30 units Miami, Fl +1.5

Sports Machine (1-20)
10 units Notre Dame -8
15 units Texas -21

SuperLockLine Plus (1-10)
1 units California +6.5
2 units Oklahoma -7

Frank Patron

Nebraska -2

Ethan Law

(3%) MISSISSIPPI +16.5
(2%) MICHIGAN +4
(2%) TROY +21.5
(2%) NEW MEXICO +30

CONFIRMED SATURDAY MANHATTAN SYNDICATE SELECTIONS:
$50,000 WAGER ON MIAMI +2
$40,000 WAGER ON UTAH -2.5

Posted : November 20, 2010 10:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Ball State +15
Wisconsin -4
Western Michigan -3
Ohio State -3
LSU -16
Tulane +18.5
Syracuse -3.5
Arkansas -3
Southern Mississippi -3.5
USC -3
Florida State -3.5

The Gold Sheet

SuperPower 7 2* Tennessee

Next update at 11:15 so no need to keep hitting refresh!!!

Posted : November 20, 2010 10:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins

Ohio State

Bob Balfe

Maryland +4
Cincinnati-13
Oklahoma St -24
Army +8
Nebraska -3

Northcoast

Small College

2* Ark St
2* N Texas

Cowtown Sports

10* Nebraska -2.5
5* Wisc -4
5* N. Ill -15
5* Kansas St. -2.5
3* N. Texas Pk

Michael Cannon

100 Dime Wisconsin

Maddux Sports

20 Units Stanford -6.5

Next update at 11:45 so no need to keep hitting refresh!!

Posted : November 20, 2010 11:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Cokin

GOY - Boston College

Northcoast

4* Tenn
4* Miss
4* Mia Fla
3* Ohio St
3* Mich St