Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Saturday, November 7,2009

134 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sammy Jankus

I rate my plays 3, 4 and 5 stars. Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

3* NEBRASKA +4.5

This series used to be an annual event that was almost as anticipated as the Texas-Oklahoma shootout but these days it barely quickens the pulse. Most of that disinterest is due to OU’s domination of the Huskers since Bob Stoops arrived in Norman. Stoops is 5-1 SU versus the Corn Boys and last season shucked ‘em REAL GOOD in a 62-28 annihilation. The ‘revenge’ boys will want you to play Nebraska today but I don’t see it… not when the Husker offense has eked out a feeble 12 PPG in its last three outings this season. Oklahoma’s ‘D’ gives up a mere 13 PPG and the Sooners have adjusted to the loss of QB Sam Bradford, scoring 35 and 42 points in wins over Kansas and Kansas State. I think OU will have their way with the Huskers again in a double-digit smackdown – so your play (and I want to apologize for doing this to you) is on NEBRASKA.

Posted : November 7, 2009 8:08 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Computer Crushers Guaranteed Selections

SEC CONFERENCE CRUSHER GAME OF THE YEAR

Alabama -7

BIG EAST CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR

Cincinnati -17

Posted : November 7, 2009 8:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FRANK PATRON

MUST WIN 50000 UNIT GAME OF THE YEAR #2

HOUSTON COUGARS -1.5

Posted : November 7, 2009 8:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stu Feiner

1,000,000 Dime Private Play - Ohio State +5

100,000 Dime Private Play - Notre Dame -12.5

10,000 Dimers - Nebraska +4, North Carolina -10; Alabama -7.5

100 Dimers - Michigan -6; Baylor +14, Army +16.5

Posted : November 7, 2009 8:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INDIAN COWBOY

5 Unit Play. ACC Game of the Year. Take Duke +10 over University of North Carolina

At the end of the day, this is a rivalry game. Duke has turned considerably as far as its football prowess goes. Yes, I understand that UNC won at Virginia Tech. And, no doubt, that was a big win. But, Duke lost to this team 20-28 last year, and the year before, the game went into overtime with UNC winning by six at home. Duke lost by 1 point the year before 44-45 and lost by a field goal in 05'. In short, Duke has covered the last three of four of these meetings and the last time they failed to cover by just half a point. This team has lost the last four times to UNC by a combined total of 18 points. Why would we not want to take the ten points here and run with it? Duke is a five win team and they are likely going Bowling which hasn't happened in a long time. This team has beaten Maryland, Virginia on the road by double-digits, crushed NC State as a 15 point dog winning by 21. I like Duke here plus the points as certainly, this is a team that could pull the upset outright at home as they nearly did it in years' past and they are even better this year. The Blue Devils are 4-1 ATS in their last five road games and the Tar Heels are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games at home.

4 Unit Play. Take Oregon State +7.5 over California

Oregon State is the better team. I have a buddy that follows this team very closely as I do and we were both talking that Cal is great when they want to destroy weaker teams. But, when they face the better teams in the conference such as the USC's and Oregon, they lost by a combined total of 6-72. Oregon State is extremely well coached and I look for them to be very game here. Yes, Cal has revenge from last year, but Oregon State nearly defeated USC on the road this year losing by six points as a 21 point dog. This team won by double-digits at Arizona State as a five point dog. Certainly, I think they are capable of hanging with Cal here on the highway. The Beavers are 4-0 ATS as an Underdog by this margin and the Golden Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall.

4 Unit Play. Take Louisiana State Tigers +7.5 over the Alabama Crimson Tide

I am a Tide fan through and through. But, our offense is simply not as good as LSU's at least in my opinion. Despite the numbers, LSU has some quality athletes and they remember the tough loss they took to the Tide who was number one at that time in overtime. Certainly, LSU is capable of giving the Tide a run for their money in this SEC West Battle. These are two top ten ranked teams and if the Tennessee vs. Alabama game tells us anything, this could be an outright upset for the Tigers. Remember, Tennessee missed countless field goals in that game or else that result could have been different. LSU has a quality kicker, is well coached in Les Miles who will settle for nothing less than a win here and with these boys having revenge from last year, my Tide could be in for a brutal, hard hitting contest this weekend in Tuscaloosa. The Tigers are 9-3-1 ATS as an Underdog by this margin and the Tide are 1-4-1 ATS when facing a team with a road winning record.

4 Unit Play. Take Florida -35 over Vanderbilt University

Florida has plenty of frustration coming into this game. With the story around Brandon Spikes and his eye-gouging antics, this team would love to deflect that attention to nothing more than a dominating win. This game will obviously be televised and Florida will love nothing more, once again, than to crush someone, anyone at this time. This team beat Vanderbilt 42-14 last year, winning by 28 points on the road. Certainly, they can do that much and a touchdown better at home given the surrounding controversy with Urban deciding to bench Spikes for just one half in the Vanderbilt game. Note that Larry Smith of Vandy has thrown for just four touchdowns and 7 interceptions and he will have his work cutout for him against this Florida defense in the swamp. The Gators are 5-1 ATS when they face a team with a losing road record at home. Its a shame that it might be Vandy taking the grunt here, but this game has the sounds of a 49-10 type of finish.

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Blockbuster GOY Wisconsin

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

National Sports Service

4* UTEP -6.5
4* Oklahoma -4.5
3* USC -10
3* Houston -1

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Missouri -14 over Baylor
Both teams hit midseason lows, but Baylor simply is not a good football team without QB Robert Griffith. Missouri has a ton of offensive weapons and at home should win this game with ease. Baylor has not scored more than 10 pts per game since their duel threat QB went down last month. Look for the Tigers to get a big win. Take Missouri.

Ohio State/Penn State Under 39
I see this game playing out a lot like last season. Penn State is not to impressive on offense unless they are playing a team with a very bad defense. The same can be said for OSU. These teams are mirror images of each other and this will be another great game. Both QB's are experienced enough not to turn the ball over allowing the defense to score points. This will be a classic defensive battle and a great game to watch. Take the Under.

Hawaii +2 over Utah State
Utah State is turning their program around while Hawaii is on a bit of a decline. Hawaii is one of the youngest teams in the nation, but at home should get a much needed win. In the past Hawaii is always great at home, but this year they have lost some games. I think it has more to do with superior opponents other than anything else. Look for Hawaii's offense to get back on track tonight. Take Hawaii.

NBA Basketball

Raptors +8 over Mavs

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

34PAYTONPLACE

10 unit- Texas A&M -3 (Top play)

Last week this a&m team rolled on offense verus iowa st. and never once punted.....Then there are the buffaloes who fell behind 33-0 before the blink of and eye there offensive line is bad and there qb play at times has been horrible then you throw in there top recruit leaves the team and the morale of this team is in the dumps!!!!!

8 unit- SMU -17.5

Well SMU is 4-4 on the year now and coach june jones has this team thinking bowl for the first time in about 25 years and rice is ranked #117 out of 120 in scoring offense the mustangs will not take them litely look for a blowout here.....

8 unit- Uconn +17

Simply put this huskies team has been competive in every game in there 4 losses have all been less than 10 points the bearcats are a great team but i have to take the points here.....

8 unit- OU -4.5

Has anyone seen the cornhuskers offense there fans have not either....The sooners have the better offense and defense and should not have any problems covering the 4.5.....

5 unit- Utep -6.5

I know they screwed us last week but this tulane team is just awful in there last 4 games they have been outscored 160-32 just bad and tulane has scored less than 17 points in 7 games this season....I will give the miners another shot here!!!!!

5 unit- UL-Monroe -2.5

The warhawks still have bowl hopes but must win here and they finish with 2 home games north texas is allowing 480 yards on defense so the warhawks will defintley have there chances.......

5 unit- W.Michigan +20.5

The spartans are coming off b2b really tough losses and just think it will be hard for them to get up for this one and this broncos team is very talented on offense and will be motivated.......

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

GOY - Stanford

Perfect Play - Iowa St.

Posted : November 7, 2009 9:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports