10 Oklahome +3
10 Washington +6.5

Posted : October 17, 2009 9:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

50 DIME - ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

Way too many points here today.This is not the Florida teams of years past who put up over 40 points each week. It just isn't, and Urban Meyer has even gone so far as to say it himself.He said last week, "We are a different football team this year. My offense just has to stay out of the way of my defense."In other words, can you say conservative.Let's start with the home game against Tennessee. If there was ever a game he would have wanted to open it up and blow somebody out, it would have been against the Vols and a coaching staff that basically called him a cheat and a liar.Well, he played that game about as conservative as any he ever has at Florida never really opening up the offense the entire game.Now off the big Saturday night emotional game at LSU, they return home laying this huge number against a surging and confident Arkansas team who has already been tested at Alabama.First and foremost, if you think for one second Urban Meyer is going to put Tim Tebow in harms way on any level today, then think again. He has bigger fish to fry down the road like 'Bama in the SEC championship game.Tebow will be asked to manage the game and stay out of as many head on collisions as possible. Much like he did las week versus LSU.If the Gators get any type of lead I just don't see Meyer dropping Tebow back slinging the ball around 35 times trying to pad the Florida lead.I really feel Florida is going to shorten this game with their ground attack and do as much as possible to keep Tim healthy and asking them to cover this big a nut is just not reality.In their 3 SEC games so far this year they scored 23 at home to Tennessee, 41 at Kentucky in the Tebow concussion game, and 13 at LSU.The moral to this story is as follows: Don't get Tim Tebow hurt in any way, shape, or form trying to run up the score of an SEC game at home.Arkansas is going to score more than the 7 they scored at Alabama. This is a different Razorbacks team from the one that went to Alabama.I am grabbing all those points and calling for Arkansas to get me at least 17 points which will be more than enough for the cover here.

15 DIME - SAN DIEGO STATE

Huge look ahead for Byu here.They have a home game versus TCU up next and now travel down to San Diego State against an improved Aztecs team that is off a bye, and will be very well prepared to battle you.The key to this game is the extra week Rocky Long has to prepare this San diego State defense for BYU.Long was the New Mexico head coach and his defensive scheme really frustrated BYU the last 2 years.I love this coaching staff of San Diego State and you can't discount the extra week to stay within the number tonight.BYU gets a lot of hype from their win against Oklahoma, but I have gone against them with Colorado State and should have gotten the cover and with Utah State where I got a miracle cover.I will gladly go against them here as this is an inflated number courtesy of the big win at Unlv but trust me folks, San Diego State is not UNLV.I look for San Diego State to be in this game the whole way having had some pretty good success versus a pretty darn good UCLA defense, and that was their first game of the year.I will jump all over this home dog to get the job done tonight and keep this a single digit game.

FREE SELECTION - SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

Posted : October 17, 2009 9:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

3gSports

COLLEGE FOOTBALL:
10* Pac-10 Burial: CALIFORNIA -3.5
10* Middle Tenn St. +5
5* Texas A&M -5.5
4* Notre Dame +10
4* Georgia -7

ICEMAN HOCKEY

4* NY Rangers

10* Home Cooking Winner
Play Selected Point Spread: +5
Middle Tenn State is a rested team playing with revenge and hungry to beat an SEC team. They are coming off a terrible game and with 2 weeks to prepare they'll get the job done as a home dog early on Saturday afternoon.

** Big Game Alert** PAC 10 MAJOR 10*
Play Selected Point Spread: -3.5
We are going to play on CAL to rebound well off of a bye week. They have been embarassed in their last game on HomeComing and outscored 72-6 in their last 2 games. This did not sit well with the players and now they will take out their frustrations on a banged up UCLA squad. Look for a balanced attack from CAL on the ground and thru the air with the extra preparation and motivattion and for them to score the big win.

Posted : October 17, 2009 9:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Maddux Sports

3 units on Stanford +5
3 units on Louisville +13
3 units on Arizona State -6
3 units on Fresno State -19.5
5 units on Oklahoma +3.5
4 units on NC State +3
3 units on Wake Forest +7
3 units on Wyoming +10.5
3 units on Tulane +17.5

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*200 Wyoming +10.5

These two teams are to evenly matched for a 10.5 point spread. Wyoing runs the ball
well, and so does Air Force. However, Wyoming throws the ball a little better.
Here is a fairly complicated system that I have pointing to a Cowboy cover today.
On a Saturday when ANY NCAAF Team played as a -10.0 or more Favorite the last 5
years and with 6 days off and also coming off back to back straight up losses off a
2 game losing streak that team is 0-10. In this case Air Force would be the 0-10
team. Wyoming is 12-1 ATS since 1982 in game 3 or greater and line>10 and opponent
lost their previous game.

*200 Virginia Tech -3

Not many teams are playing better football than Virginia Tech is right now. Take
away that season opening loss to number 2 ranked Alabama and the Hokies are
virtually unblemished. This is going to be a very good game versus to high powered
teams. Lets look at some trends and why I like the Hokies to cover the spread in
this one. Virginia Tech is 11-4 against the spread in their last 15 as a road
favorite and 19-8 against the number in their last 27 road games. On the other side
Ga Tech is 0-8-1 ATS since 1983 in game 7 and when an opponent scored more than 35
points in their previous game. Ga Tech is also 1-9-1 ATS since 1980 in game 7 and
when their opponents previous margin of victory was greater than 7. Ga Tech is
2-12-1 ATS since 1980 in game 7 and when their opponents previous game was at home.
Take the Hokies today for the cover!

*200 California -3

The biggest battle in this game will be UCLA's offensive line versus California's
defensive line. This is a must win game for both teams today. I see a more
seasoned Cal team stepping up to the challenge today. Here are some trends that
favor my selection.When ANY NCAAF Team played on the Road as a Favorite,
and after a division game,plus playing on Saturday and coming off 2 unders versus
an opponent with a 51% to 60% winning percentage that team is 14-0 straight up.
When I applied this somewhatcomplicated system to California I found them to be
11-3 under this system. UCLA 0-7ATS since 1992 in game 6 and when previous
game they were a dog.

*300 Notre Dame +10

Jimmy Clausen has grown up in a hurry, and as much as I can't stand this quarterback
he has proved himself an asset. More is on the line today than just a Notre Dame;
Jobs, Heisman dreams and a Fighting Irish legacy. Notre Dame is 9-0 ATS in game 6
and line less than -10 and opponents previous ATS margin greater than 2. Notre Dame
is 15-2 ATS since 1984 in game 6 and opponent scored more than 25 points in their
previous game. This will be a hard fought battle, but look for Notre Dame to keep
it close and cover this spread. Take the Irish for the cover.

*300 Oklahoma +3

This will be one of the best on the tube today. Texas coming into this game is 1-4
against the spread. The battle saturday will be won when a quarterback can figure
out how to manipulate one of these defenses. These defenses rank 1-2 in the
conference, with the Longhorns allowing just 23 yards less per game than Oklahoma.
Texas has put the stop on opposing pass attacks, giving up under 187 passing yards
per game. Texas however has yet to see an offense this season like Oklahoma. The
reason I like this play is because the public is on Texas today, and while the line
remains stagnant the juice at some books indicate that they want more money on
Texas. Take Oklahoma today and walk away with a winner!

*500 Wisconsin -2

The Hawkeyes are 6-0 and riding into Wisconsin with high hopes for a perfect season.
So why is this line going against the public? Why is a higher ranked team laying
points? I smell saturdays first upset of the day and that is why I am making the
Badgers my biggest play of the day! Here are some trends that point to a Badger
cover today. When a Wisconsin team played at Home as a Favorite in the last 5 years
they are 27-1 straight up. When a Wisconsin team played at Home as a Favorite in
the last 5 years and it was during Week 4 to 8 they are 10-0 straight up. I really
like the Badgers to pull off the upset today and cover this low spread.

*200 Chicago Blackhawks -175

I am taking the Blackhawks over the Stars on Saturday. I have the Blackhawks as
9-1 SU last 10 games on Saturday and Stars as 2-8 last 10 games on Saturday. Take
the Blackhawks for the win.

*200 Buffalo Sabres Over 6

I am taking the Sabres vs the Thrashers over the total on Saturday. I have the
Sabres as 6-4 Over on Saturday and Home and the Thrashers as 7-2-1 Over their last
10 games on Saturday. I also have the Thrashers and Sabres as 7-2-1 Over their last
10 games they played each other. Take the over for the win.

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins

OKLAHOMA/TEXAS OVER 53.5

NORTHWESTERN +14

TEXAS TECH/NEBRASKA OVER 59

NOTRE DAME +10

MARYLAND +3.5

BYU -17

MISSISSIPPI -22

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Computer Crushers Guaranteed Selections

LATE STEAM COLLEGE FOOTBALL CRUSHER WINNER

Auburn -13.5

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:17 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

40 DIMES - HOUSTON

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

5* SPORTS

4* NYY/LAA UNDER 8.5

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fairway Jay

20* Dog GOY San Diego St

15* Big Drive Wisconsin

10* Mia O, Hawi, G Tech, Ark

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1500* - San Diego State
500*- Ohio State & Georgia

Yeah, BYU is rolling once again, and they have owned San Diego State of late, winning the last 3 meetings by 20-points or more, BUT....BUT...BUT, have you taken a peek at who comes to Provo next week?

TCU. The very same TCU that dashed the then 6-0 Cougars a season ago and knocked them out of the BCS picture!

I have a very strong feeling that the Cougars are going to take this game a little lighter than they normally would, and the Aztecs are going to stay inside of this rather large impost.

1st year coach Brady Hoke is looking for a "signature" win, and while the outright is a bit of a stretch, this one could get dicey for BYU before they clear the post.

Former New Mexico head coach Rocky Long has taken over the SD State defense, and has done a credible job this year, and he sure knows a thing or two about defending BYU from his Lobo days.

State is off a bye, and do catch the Cougars playing their 2nd straight on the road.

Bottom line: TOO MANY POINTS!

1500♦ - San Diego State Aztecs

This one goes early, but I have to lay the wood on the Big 10 road with the Buckeyes as the Boilermakers continue to turn the ball over as if it were a hot-potato.

Purdue had 3 more turnovers in last week's 35-20 debacle at Minnesota, as they dropped their 5th straight, and 2 straight against the math.

Ohio State is dealing with some injuries, but that hasn't stopped them from covering their last 5 games, as they have allowed just under 10 points per game in their last 4.

The Buckeyes have held the Boilers to single digits in 4 of the last 6 meetings, so don't expect Purdue to get much going offensively. The question is, can OSU get on top of the impost? By covering 10 of 12 on the road, and their last 8 on the Big 10 road, chances are the Buckeyes will indeed take care of business in West Lafayette today.

Lay the road wood.

500♦ - Ohio State Buckeyes

Series numbers show Vandy having covered the last 3 against Georgia, and they also show us the fact that the Bulldogs are on a 1-9 spread slide their last 10 lined games when laying points.

Still, after the 'Dawgs disappointing effort last week at Tennessee, I think this is a "must win" for Georgia today. Not only a "must win", but a win in which the Bulldogs must take out some frustrations.

I think they can do it against a Commodore team that doesn't score much, and is coming off a loss to lowly Army!

It is now or never for Georgia, and I expect the much-maligned defensive coordinator Martinez to be able to hold this attack down, and for Georgia to roll.

Take the Bulldogs.

500♦ - Georgia Bulldogs

Posted : October 17, 2009 10:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NorthCoast

2* MID T. STATE

2* TOTALS

C. MICH/W.MICH OVER
TT/NEB UNDER
WASH/AZ. ST UNDER