10.2 K Views
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

COACH K

5* Oregon +3.5 (buy half)
4* Tennessee -6
3* Texas -9.5
3* Texas -2.5 and Georgia Tech -4.5 (7pt teaser)
2* Georgia +14.5
2* Duke +7.5 (buy half)

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:04 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DOUBLE DRAGON

HYDRA - OREGON DUCKS +3

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:05 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Virginia (-7) for 2 Units

Virginia catching Duke in a good situation. Duke is feeling good off two straight conference wins. With the Cavaliers coming off a tough loss to G Tech, they're primed to exact revenge from last year's 31-3 demolition at Duke. Virginia is 12-1 ATS w/ revenge off a SU loss vs an opponent off a SU win. Virginia HC Groh is a sweet 17-3 ATS at home w/ revenge. Duke has trouble running the football, which puts the onus on their star QB Lewis to carry the load. We'll look for the Cavaliers to tighten down defensively and deliver here.

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Carlo Campanella

Georgia Tech at Vanderbilt
Play: Georgia Tech -11½

Vanderbilt (2-5) hosts a streaking Georgia Tech (7-1) squad that has scored 28 points or more in 6 of its last 8 games. They have failed to cover 6 straight home games, probably due to the fact that they have been held to 13 points or less in 6 of their 7 lined games this season. In fact, Vandy has averaged jsut 8 points per game in their 5 SEC Conference battles - which were all outright losses and now take on their toughest Conference foe on the schedule. Georgia Tech owns a powerful rushing game led by RB's Dwyer and Allen, who combiend for 228 rushing yards last Saturday against Virginia. With such a struggling offense, must lay the points with Georgia Tech, who will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

10* Play On Georgia Tech

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

10 Units Temple +7

This is a game that is under the radar and I like that as this MAC team in Temple is not getting any respect still even though they are now 5-2 on the year and 1 win away from bowl eligibility and that is a huge deal for this Temple team, which would end a 29 year drought and get them to a bowl for the first time since they beat Cal 28-17 in the Garden State Bowl, probably older than most know about. There are only two teams that have waited longer and those two teams in Kent and New Mex St will continue to wait. Al Golden in his 4th season is certainly ready for this game and has reeled off 5 wins in a row and should be 6-1 with a heart breaker in its opener and a competitive loss to Penn St where they moved the ball and out passed Penn St. Their defense is loaded with 9 returning starters from last year and have lived up to the hype ranking 33rd in total defense allowing only 319 yards and 15th against the run allowing only 93 yards. We know that Navy will go for more than 93 yards but I believe Temple will be up to the challenge and against a similar style in Army they held them to 250 total yards and won the game by 2 tds, with one of Temple's td being a late turnover td but Temple jumped on them early and showed up. I expect a low scoring game as Navy will be ready as this is a big game for the Academy, but I believe Temple wants this game more and takes it as do not forget Navy has their hated battle against Notre Dame on deck. Temple wins 21-17.

9 Units Oregon +3.5

This game could have easily been my gow, as I love this as much as I love my GOW, but I had to pick one and I chose the other one. Oregon comes in winning 6 in a row after their tough loss to open the season, but has found something Oregon is not used to and that is defense. They rank 19th in the country in total defense only allowing 297 yards a game and seem to come up with a huge break when one is needed. Masoli is the best qb in the Pac 10 imo and is big time duel threat which terrorizes defenses. He is finally healthy and will show that Saturday night, as I have been saying for around 4 weeks that this is the best team in the country and I am Alabama alum and diehard fan of the Tide, but I believe Oregon has all the pieces in the right place to the puzzle right now. USC is good, but they showed the tendency to not play well on the road at Washington and at Notre Dame letting them come back late. Their last 10 games have split out against each other and USC routed these same Ducks last year so I expect a little revenge as the Pac 10 title is on the line in a sense as the winner holds their own destiny to a Rose Bowl or possible national title appearance. The Ducks are 8-0 ats following a s.u. win, 4-0 their last 4 October games, and Ducks are 25-8 ats in their last 33 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game. The Trojans on the other hand are 1-6 ats their 7 road games and the Trojans are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game. I take all these trends and say Eugene, Oregon will be the place will magic happens as the Ducks get their much needed win and Kelly gets a big WIN.

8 Units - Central Michigan +6
7 Units - Ole Miss -4
7 Units - FAU -2

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

5DimeSports

5 Dime Play: Take Cincinnati -15

Wow what can I say on this one, well lets see. Cincinnati, by my check list, is better on all accounts in ranking except for defensive rush rank. Cincinnati is 41st against the rush, while Syracuse is 7th against the rush. But this is a non factor in this game if you look at the other numbers. Cincinnati is ranked 7th in total offense, Syracuse is 102. Cincinnati is 32nd in defensive rank, Syracuse is 62nd. Cincinnati is 10th in passing offense, Syracuse is 74th. Cincinnati is 54th in rushing rank, Syracuse is 101. Cincinnati is 43rd against the pass, Syracuse is 115. Cincinnati is 2nd in points scored, Syracuse is 85th. Cincinnati is 11th in points allowed, Syracuse is 81st. Ok, you get it. Hands down this line should be Cincinnati -25 to -30. So get it now at -15. Even with Tony Pike being injured, Zach Collaros has stepped in with equal statistics. Throwing for 5 TDs and 1 INTs, Tony has 15 TDs and 3 INTs, not equal, but equal in ratio. If you think this might be a let down situation, you couldn't be more wrong. Brian Kelly is one of the top head coaches in the NCAAF and he has his guys thinking they are a top teir team and they all believe that, easy win for the Bearcats.

4 Dime Play: Take Temple +7

What we have here are two teams that are on a 5 game winning streak. Neither team wants to lose right now. What we have going for us is the fact that Temple is out for blood to get back the overtime loss that Navy handed them last season. Temple has 9 returning starters on defense that played in that game last year and they are living up to their potential this season with a 33 overall defensive rating. Temple is 3-0 ats this season on the road. I expect a close game no matter the out come and one way or the other Temple covers.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

California vs. Arizona State 3:30 p.m. est.
Cal is (3-8) ATS as a road favorite and Arizona State has played very good at Sun Devil Stadium. To much lumber for the Golden Bears to lay in the desert on a hot Phoenix afternoon as ASU has held all four opponents to season lows at Sun Devil Stadium. 5* Pot of Gold Arizona State Sun Devils

Texas vs. Oklahoma State
Cowboys are (21-9) under Gundy at home and the pressure mounts on the undefeated Horns on the road. Tough placee to win in the Big XII Conference and we'll take the points. 3* Oklahoma State Cowboys

Kansas vs. Texas Tech
Jayhawks (7-3) ATS last 10 as a road underdog and KU can score with the Red Raiders all day long. 3* Kansas Jayhawks

New Mexico vs. San Diego State.
Aztecs on the upside under new HC Brady Hoke and their defensive coordinator left New Mexico under bad terms and will want this game. SD ST. players well remember the 70 points laid on them last year, most ever in school history. Aztecs are (6-1-1) ATS as double-digit favorites and a Bowl Game invite is looking good. 3* San Diego State Aztecs

South Carolina vs. Tennessee
Visitor is (10-1-1) ATS in this series and hard feelings run between these head coaches. Cocks are (4-0) ATS as an underdog this season and we look for a low scoring smash mouth game with the first team to 20 the winner. 3* South Carolina Gamecocks

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

NCAAF GAME OF THE MONTH

5 UNITS INDIANA HOOSIERS +17.5

The Iowa Hawkeyes have taken care of business in every game on their schedule, and are sitting at 8-0, and atop of the Big-10 standings. They have done this with an outstanding defense, that is allowing just 14.8ppg. The defense has certainly been the reason, as the offense is not indicative of an 8-0 team. The Hawkeyes offense ranks just 87th out of 120 teams, and is generating just 3.4ypc, this despite of the fact the defense gives them the ball with good field position, and many opportunities, but the Hawkeye offense comes away empty more often than not. It is also the reason, that despite a top level defense, the Hawkeyes have half their 8 wins by a FG or less, and 3 other wins by 11 points or less. The 2 times they scored 30+ points on the season, they had a combined 11 opponent turnovers. Those 11 extra possessions, didn't translate into the points they should of either, as the Hawkeye offense could not top 35 in those games either. If you exclude the 2 games that produced 11 turnovers the offense has averaged 20.8ppg, and this is asking a lot for a team lacking in offense to cover a spread of 17.5. Teams that rank 85th or lower offensively have been a favorite of 12 or more points in conference play just 9 times this season, and are 3-6 ATS. The highest posted line has been -18.5, so they are certainly overpriced here because of their 8-0 record. They have just had 3 straight wars vs Michigan,Wisconsin, and Michigan St., so the intensity level here could be down as well. The Hoosiers aren't a good team, but they are a much improved team, and better than percieved, as they are 5-2 ATS, and played Northwestern to a 1 point game, and Michigan to a 3 point game. At this stage of the season, a team off of 2 consecutive road wins (week 5 through 9) are just 32-72 the last 10 years, covering just 30% of over 100 games. This one figures to be closer than it appears, and I'm backing Indiana in my NCAAF GOM!!!

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sammy Jankus

I rate my plays 3, 4 and 5 stars. Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

Southern Miss at Houston 1:00 PM ET

3* SOUTHERN MISS +6.5

If there actually were a Championship Playoff in the FBS this year, the one team NOBODY would want to draw is the Houston Cougars. Talk about lightning in a bottle: the Coogs are rolling up 40 points and 536 yards per game thanks to the outstanding play of QB Case Keenum (my personal pick for the 2009 Heisman Trophy). In fact, if not for a letdown loss on the road against UTEP following an emotional pair of wins over Big 12 heavyweights Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, Houston would be UNDEFEATED right now and in the thick of the national title race. Enter Southern Miss, a mediocre team that recently snapped a 3-game losing streak by beating up on C-USA weaklings Memphis and Utep – and a squad that owns the dubious distinction of being one of the two teams bad enough to actually lose to putrid Louisville this season! In what should be a TREAT for Halloween-crazed Cougar fans at Robertson Stadium, I look for Keenum and the Cats to win game #15 under HC Kevin Sumlin in a 14-point eradication of the not-so-golden Eagles – so your play (and I want to apologize for doing this to you) is on SOUTHERN MISS.

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ALATEX

20* SUPER PLAY - SOUTH CAROLINA

10* MISSISSIPPI - IDAHO - VANDY - GEORGIA

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lee Sterling

Underdog Special - Tulane

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocco Spacamuro

100* Oregon + 3.5

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Beat Your Bookie

100* Play Cleveland (-14.5) over Charlotte (Top Play)

100* Play NY Yankees (-115) over Philadelphia

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Mo Money GOY - Boston College

Posted : October 31, 2009 8:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nelly LTS