4* Michigan
3* San Diego State

Posted : September 11, 2010 8:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

50* Play Chicago White Sox (-230) over Kansas City

Kansas City has lost 7 of the last 8 games and they have also lost 6 of the last 7 games vs. Chicago on the road. White Sox pitcher, Edwin Jackson has won 6 of the last 7 games as a favorite of -175 to -250 and he is 2-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 2.62.

50* Play Cincinnati (-245) over Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh has lost 21 of the last 24 road games when playing in the 2nd half of the season and they have also lost 42 of the last 54 road games when the total posted is between 9 and 9.5 runs. Charlie Morton has lost 11 of the last 12 games as an underdog of +100 or higher and he is 0-7 in road games this season with an ERA of 13.02.

Posted : September 11, 2010 8:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have to head into work so no need to keep hitting refresh!

I will update everything at 11:00 est

Posted : September 11, 2010 8:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Great Lakes Sports

5* GOM BYU

4* Michigan
4* Alabama
3* Tennessee
3* Syracuse

Bobby Maxwell

700-Unit College Absolute Lock - WASHINGTON

I know the Huskies didn’t play well against BYU in Provo, Utah, last season, but if you look at the numbers, there were right there with the chance to beat the Cougars on their home turf. They will clean up most of their struggles and really look good here in this one. Jake Locker is a preseason Heisman Trophy candidate who will make an impression today with a huge game against Syracuse.

Locker threw for 266 yards and a TD in the tough 23-17 loss at BYU on Saturday as the Huskies lost outright as 1 ½-point favorites. The Huskies didn’t turn the ball over, but they sure made some bone-headed plays out there against the Cougars. They failed on a couple of fourth down plays inside the BYU 30 yard line, they suffered a safety on a botched punt in the first quarter and didn’t do a whole lot right in the second half.

That all changes as they are at home here tonight. These two teams met in Syracuse back in 2007 and the Huskies crushed the Orange 42-12 as a three-point road chalk. Believe it or not, Jake Locker was there for that one, throwing for 142 yards and rushing for 83 and two TDs. In fact, the Huskies put up 444 yards of total offense and went 7-for-11 on third down.

Syracuse is not a very good team when it takes to the road. The Orange are 1-11-1 in games played on the West Coast since 1964 and Washington is 23-2 in home games against teams coming from the East since 1970.

The Orange also had some trouble on special teams against Akron on Saturday, even though they got the easy 29-3 victory as 8 ½-point road favorites. Syracuse muffed two punts and has trouble with snaps on PATs, leaving two points on the field with the botched snaps. Orange QB Ryan Nassib threw for two TDs and an INT and Syracuse lost two fumbles. They have trouble holding on to the ball and that is going to cost them some scores here tonight.

Washington has too much offense and the Huskies had their ugly game on Saturday against BYU. They will clean things up at home this week and deliver a beating to Syracuse. I’m going to lay the chalk and play Washington in this one.

ATS Lock Club

8 Units Texas A&M -19
8 Units North Texas -3
8 Units South Carolina -3
6 Units Stanford -6
5 Units Michigan +3.5

Northcoast Totals

4* Okl St / Troy Over 63'
3* N Texas / Rice Over 58
3* Baylor / Buffalo Over 51
2* ND / Mich Over 52
2* WF / Duke Under 52
2* USC / Virg Over 51

ASA

5* Alabama
3* UAB
3* E Mich

Don Wallace Sports

Texas A&M -20
San Diego St. -14
Oklahoma St. -13.5
Ohio -9
Air Force -1

Savannah Sports

2* Notre Dame -3.5
2* Air Force -1
2* Tennessee +11.5
2* Vanderbilt +10.5

Eric Degarde

2* Hawaii +3
2* Memphis +13.5
2* Iowa Over 45
2* USC Over 51

Jeff Benton

30 DIME OKLAHOMA
10 DIME ARMY
10 DIME KANSAS

OKLAHOMA

Typical overreaction by bettors and handicappers alike, as all the money in this game has come pouring in on Florida State – the line opened at Oklahoma -8½ and is now under 7 in some spots. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 1,000 times: DO NOT fall into the trap of jumping on or fading a team based on Week 1 results.

Yes Florida State destroyed Samford 59-6 last week, while the Sooners struggled to put away inferior Utah State 31-24 at home. So what? It was just one game for each team, and the first one at that – and with it being the first game of the post-Bobby Bowden era at Florida State, of course new coach Jimbo Fisher wanted to make a statament

If anything, I’d be worried if I was a Seminole fan. Collegiate players can get a real false sense of security when they wallop an inferior opponent and start thinking they’re better than they really are. Clearly, that’s something we won’t have to worry about with the Sooners. I’m sure coach Bob Stoops made his players watch tape of that Utah State for so long they were seeing it in their sleep – specifically, how they let off the gas after racing out to a 21-0 lead.

Seriously, though, if you think Stoops spent more than 30 minutes game-planning for Utah State, I’ve got some swamp land in Vegas I’d like to sell you. No, Stoops has spent the entire offseason getting his team ready for THIS game against Florida State because he knows it’s a more dangerous opponent. So you can be sure we’ll see a completely different, more focused Oklahoma squad hit the field this afternoon at Owen Field.

Speaking of Owen Field, the Sooners have won 31 consecutive games in their venue – the longest active home winning streak streak in college football. Their last loss at home was a 17-10 upset defeat to TCU in the 2005 opener. Meanwhile, Florida State suffered road losses last year to Florida (37-10), Clemson (40-24) and Boston College (28-21).

Oklahoma has the best player on the field in senior RB DeMarco Murray, who is finally 100 percent healthy and proved it last week when he raced for 218 yards and two TDs against Utah State. And I expect a big bounce-back game from QB Landry Jones, who struggled to a 17-for-36, two TD, two INT performance against Utah State (last year, Jones subbed for Sam Bradford and threw for a freshman-record 3,198 yards and 26 TDs).

Both Jones and Murray should have big games against a suspect Florida State defense that surrendered 37 points or more five times last year (and 26 or more nine times). On the flip side, the Seminoles’ high-powered offense is in for a rude awakening, as Oklahoma’s stop unit is much better than it showed last week against Utah State.

During its 31-game home winning streak, Oklahoma is 18-7-1 ATS in lined games, and despite falling way short of the number against Utah State, the Sooners are still on an 11-3-1 ATS roll in September (you have to go back to the start of that 2005 season, when they lost to TCU and started 0-3 ATS, for the last time OU suffereed back-to-back ATS setbacks in September). The ‘Noles, meanwhile, are in ATS funks of 8-22-1 after a victory and 7-21-1 after a win of 20-plus points. Oklahoma comfortably by two touchdowns.

ARMY

All the situational and fundamental stats point to Hawaii in this game. The Warriors are coming off a hard-fought 49-36 loss to USC, staying inside the 20-point spread, while Army barely escaped with a 31-27 win at Eastern Michigan – easily the worst Division I-A team in the country – failing to cover as a 9½-point road favorite. Hawaii has cashed in five of its last seven games, while the Cadets are in a 5-12 ATS funk and they’ve lost 11 of their last 13 home debuts. And the only other time these teams met, Army went to the Islands in 2003 and got smoked 59-28 as a 28-point underdog, getting outgained by 343 yards.

So why back Army here as a favorite? Check the game time: Noon eastern. You know what time it is in Hawaii when it’s noon in New York? How about 6 a.m.! And I don’t care if the Warriors – making the farthest trip east in school history, by the way – left home a day early to account for the time difference. You think two days are enough for the Hawaii players’ body clocks to adjust? No way.

Hawaii isn’t 100 percent healthy, either. QB Bryant Moniz, who was spectarular against USC, took a vicious hit to the head in the second half against the Trojans, and though he’s been cleared to start this game, I doubt he’s shaken out all the cobwebs.

Bottom line: I’ll grant that the Warriors have the overall talent edge (not by much, but they do), and they certainly play at a faster pace – when they’re awake, that is! Seriously, only one of these teams is accustomed to waking up at the crack of dawn and going to work, and it ain’t Hawaii! Look for the Cadets to try to pound the ball at Hawaii early and often – and look for the Warriors to not want to deal with the punishment.

KANSAS

Another game – just like Oklahoma-Florida State – where there’s been too much of an adjustment made by the betting public based on last week’s results. Obviously, things could not have gone ANY worse for Kansas and first-year coach Turner Gill, whose debut was an embarrassing 6-3 home loss to North Dakota State. Couple that result with Georgia Tech’s season-opening 41-10 romp of South Carolina State, and you knew we’d see the Yellow Jackets laying a big number in this game.

Well, it’s too big of a number. And I say that fully aware that A) the Jayhawks have lost eight in a row since jumping out to a 5-0 start last season; and B) Georgia Tech is 21-7 under third-year coach Paul Johnson, including 16-8 ATS in lined games (8-3 ATS down the stretch last year). All the more reason to believe we’re dealing with a wildly inflated line here.

Three things to keep in mind: 1) Kansas killed itself last week, missing two field goals and losing three turnovers (including an INT in the end zone); 2) Gill ran the option to great success as a QB at Nebraska, so he’ll know how to defend Georgia Tech’s potent option attack; and 3) The Yellow Jackets 31-point win last week was misleading (they only outgained South Carolina State by 112 yards, and the defense gave up 178 rushing yards).

Finally, consider that Back in June, one property in Vegas put out pointspreads for dozens of the year’s marquee football matchups, including this Georgia Tech-Kansas game. You know what their original number was? Georgia Tech as a seven-point favorite. Now the Jackets are laying 14 – that’s a full touchdown of value in the number. Good enough for me!

John Fina

Penn St

PPP

5% BYU
5% San Diego St
5%Texas A & M
4% USC
4% So. Florida
4% Ole Miss
4% Ok State
3% Florida St.
3% Hawaii
3% Miami FL
3% Ohio U
3% Alabama

Rocketman

3* BC -17
3* Rice +3
3* UCLA +6.5

5* Fla -110
4* Hou -141
3* SD -115
3* CHC +105

Five Star Sports

4* Army - 3
4* Notre Dame - 3
3* Wake Forest - 5.5
3*Tennessee + 12
3*Tulane + 20.5

4* St Louis + 127
3* Detriot - 160
3* Minnesota - 120
3* Boston

Chris Jordan

400* Alabama
100*Rockies -1.5

Posted : September 11, 2010 10:00 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Underdog

NC State

Salvatore Devito

10* GT -14
5* East Michigan +14
3* Duke +6

KELSO

50 Units Washington Huskies -13
25 Units Hawaii Warriors +3
5 Units Michigan Wolverines +3.5
4 Units Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -13.5
3 Units SD State Aztecs -13.5

Posted : September 11, 2010 10:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Penn State +12.5

The Nittany Lions bring a few ATS edges to Bryant-Denny Stadium: they’ve gone 7-2 SU and ATS against the SEC since 1990 and the series visitor has cashed in four of the last five meetings. We’ve already stated our willingness to fade Defending National Champs when the setup is right and this looks like a golden opportunity. Our powerful database tells us that defending champs that are favored off a SU and ATS win versus .750 or greater non-conference opposition are just 6-19 against the number – including a money-burning 2-14 ATS if favored more than six points, and 0-12 ATS if the champs are undefeated. Grab the points with the Lions here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Penn State.

Bob Balfe

Hawaii +3

The Warriors put up over 500 yards of offense against USC and I expect them to do so again today. This will be a run vs pass game, as Army will primarily run the ball and Hawaii will throw it down the field. The Warriors have a ton of talent at the wide receiver position and boast a considerable advantage on the offensive line with respect to height and weight. On defense, the Warriors actually are bigger in the trenches than the Army offensive line. This is very rare in a college football game.

The Warriors also have a few guys on the D-line who were transfers that came from credible programs as severely underrated players. Hawaii handled Navy's high-powered running attack last year and I think the four returning players in the secondary will definitely be sure not to allow a lot of big plays. I do not see Army being able to stop Hawaii‘s offense. Take the Rainbow Warriors.

Seattle Mariners -115

Felix Hernandez has pitched great this season and is actually getting stronger as the season progresses. He has put up amazing statistics in his last few starts and should pitch well again tonight against a measly Angels offense. Look for the Mariners to win a low-scoring game. Take Seattle.

Tony George

Oklahoma +7

Army -3

Dwayne Bryant

Michigan +3.5

Posted : September 11, 2010 10:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

10* OKLAHOMA
10* ARMY