Auburn
Texas

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Strike Point Sports

5-Unit Play. Take Colorado -7 over Wyoming

The Buffs come home for a must win. Seriously, look that one up in the dictionary and Dan Hawkins' face and contract are sitting right under the word. And Colorado really isn't as bad as the numbers suggest so far this season. They have fallen behind in previous games and were forced to use the passing game. Their running game has weapons in the backfield, and I expect a much more balanced effort this time around. With games at West Virginia and against Texas looming, Hawkins needs a big win to soften the whispers off the field. It comes here against a bad road team in Wyoming. The Buffaloes come out focus and get the victory by double figures.

4-Unit Play. Take Akron -4.5 over Indiana

The Zips opened up play in their new home stadium last week, and now they get the chance to earn their first quality win there after an easy blowout last Saturday. I have not been impressed with the Hooisers so far, and offensively they seem just medicore at best. Conversely, I am really high on Akron quarterback Chris Jacquemain. One of the better players at his position in the MAC, he'll be the best offensive player on the field in this one. We back the home team to score and cover over the Big Ten's Indiana.

4-Unit Play. Take Washington +20 over USC

While most label this game as a letdown spot for the Trojans, I just see UW as a much improved team this year, and having shown they can play with LSU, I am confident they can play with USC at home in a very pro-Husky environment. Jake Locker has quickly shown he can carry Steve Sarkisian's offense and play well in it. I also think the injury to Matt Barkley will either limit his production or leave some major question marks if Aaron Corp is made the starter. I love Chris Polk in the backfield carrying for Washington, and here I just see a close game in Seattle. Take the points and home dog in this Pac-10 match-up.

5-Unit Play. Take Nevada -3 over Colorado State

With two weeks to prep for this one, I love this spot for the Wolfpack. The Rams needed a late fumble to help win at home against Weber State, so here they will be in for a rough outing when it comes to stopping Nevada's top weapon Colin Kaepernick. Nevada has one of the better rushing attacks in the country, and I really see them controling the tempo and the ball possession here and making it count on the scoreboard. The road favorite is the play here.

4-Unit Play. Take Syracuse +3 over Northwestern

You would think the Orange were the new member of the Big Ten based on their start to the schedule this year. Already having faced Minnesota and Penn State, but Syracuse sits in a good spot to earn their first win of the season in the Carrier Dome this weekend. Having played two of the better programs in the Big Ten, here the Orange's skill will come out a little more against the Wildcats, as talent could be in favor of the home side. As a small underdog I think SU wins outright. The defense will pick up where they left off in the opener against the Gophers and the result will be in their favor over Northwestern.

7-Unit Play. Take Bowling Green -3 over Marshall

Love, love, love me some Falcons in this MAC clash. They scored a very nice road win over Troy to begin the season, and were sitting in good position at Missouri before the Tigers stormed back late. Now they are up against a very offensively inept Marshall squad. One of the worst with the ball in the nation last year, and before getting shelled vs. Virginia Tech last weekend, they barely could win against Southern Illinois. 18-6 ATS in their last 24 road games for the Falcons, they have proved they can win on the road, especially in the league. Quarterback Tyler Sheehan is a great fit for their spread pass attack, and I see too much here in Bowling Green in this specific match-up not to be on them this strongly. A strong victory improves them to 3-0 ATS on the young season and gives them their first win in their MAC opener.

4-Unit Play. Take Iowa State -3 over Kent State

Coming off a very tough and disappointing loss to in-state rivals Iowa, look for the Cyclones to bounce back here. I certainly didn't foresee Iowa State to get hammered at home by the Hawkeyes, but this week against the Golden Flashes, I expect them to be on the giving end of that kind of result. Kent State will be without its starting quarterback and starting running back, Eugene Jarvis, who came in this season as one of the best tailbacks in the MAC. So maybe it was that bad loss to Iowa that warranted this line, but considering the key injuries to Kent State, this line is way off. We're on the Big 12 rep to fire back with a win and take out the Flashes in this one.

4-Unit Play. Take Arkansas -1.5 over Georgia

So far I have seen that this year's Georgia team is not the same as year's past. They don't have prolific weapons in the backfield, and even more so this Bulldogs defense is giving up points at a premium. Our sleeper in the SEC, Arkansas, can take advantage of that in Bobby Patrino's offense. Two weeks to get ready for UGA, I see a good spot for the Hogs to build some early momentum in conference play. As a small favorite we are on Pig Suey.

4-Unit Play. Take UCLA -12.5 over Kansas State

A nice 2-0 to begin the season for the Bruins, and their best performance yet comes at home against the struggling Wildcats. UCLA's defense is exceptional, and the way that Kansas State is performing, I would not be surprised if the Bruins kept KSU out of the end zone for the entire game. This unit is that strong. And that being the case, I feel confident UCLA can hit for a 20 spot or so to secure a comfortable cover. Look for the defense and the special teams to help with the scoring, and in Westwood it will be all Bruins from start to finish.

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

6 Unit Play.Take Clemson -6½ over Boston College
Top Selection of the Week. I really like the fact that this Clemson team did not give up last Thursday against a very good Georgia Tech team. Everything that could go wrong went wrong early in that game and they trailed 24-0. The Tigers came storming back to make a game of it losing just, 30-27. I feel that loss brought this team together and expect them to have their way this Saturday against a BC team that has yet to determine its starting quarterback.

The Eagles lost heavy on the defensive side of the ball from 2008 squad and the 2009 defense has yet to impress me despite being 2-0. Those wins came against Northeastern and Kent State and now they face a major step-up in talent as they travel south. The Eagles defense and an unproven quarterback will make this a long Saturday afternoon for the visitor. Boston College will find out why Clemson’s home is nicknamed Death Valley. Clemson 31, Boston College 13.

6 Unit Play. Take Washington +18½ over USC
Top Underdog Play of the Year. The Huskies were beaten 56-0 in 2008, but QB Jake Locker was injured and UW was in the midst of a 7 game losing streak. USC had a top notch QB in Mark Sanchez and a defense loaded with NFL talent. Things have changed since that last meeting, as Washington has a new coach in Steve Sarkisian, the former OC at USC. The Trojans also have a new defensive coordinator (also from USC). I expect QB Locker to be able to move the football against this talented defense. The Huskies took LSU to the wire in the opener and cruised to a victory last week against Idaho. Now they are playing their third straight home game and expect this team to only get better under the new young head coach.

USC is loaded again in 2009; however, no way near as good as in 2008. Had a big emotional win last week in Columbus, but remember the 2008 team went on to lose their next game in the Pacific Northwest after beating Ohio State. Could history be repeating itself again in 2009? Not sure the Huskies have the talent to pull such an upset, but this will not be a breathier for the Trojans. QB Barkley is doubtful with a shoulder injury and he did not look good for 55 minutes last week before leading them on a game winning drive. Home field, former USC coaches, revenge from last year’s beating, and a letdown from last week by USC, makes this a perfect spot to ride the dog to a point spread victory. USC 28, Washington 20.

5 Unit Play. Take Northern Illinois +13 over Purdue
Top Big Ten Selection. I picked Purdue to finish at the bottom of the standing in the Big Ten, but I have to admit I am impressed by their offense during the first two games of 2009. That being said, they have played two weak defenses and I believe this will be a difficult spot for them. This is the preverbal sandwich game coming off a road trip to Oregon and next week they host Notre Dame.

Do not sell this Northern Illinois club short! The Huskies always schedule tough non-conference games and they already covered at Wisconsin in 2009. NIU took Minnesota to the wire last year losing, 31-27 and lost a close game to Tennessee as well, 13-9. Like Purdue, there defense may be a little weak but the offense led by QB Chandler Harnish can put points on the board. They got down big to Wisconsin but did not give up and had a chance to tie the game late. This is the first meeting between these two programs and I believe that this one will go down to the wire. The dog barks again! Purdue 28, Northern Illinois 24.

4 Unit Play. Take Auburn -7 over West Virginia
Used the Tigers last week and will come right back with them here. This team is on a mission after a disappointing 2008 season. The offense has been balanced with RB’s Tate and McCalebb, with both putting up big numbers early in the season. Now the Tigers have their third straight home game against a Mountaineer team that can no longer rely on QB Pat White to pull off the road victory. Revenge will be a factor, as the Tigers led 17-0 at the half last year, only to give up 34 unanswered points. The talent gap favors Auburn and I look for them to take control early in this game. QB Pat White will be missed in this one, as War Eagle dominates. Auburn 31, West Virginia 17.

4 Unit Play. Take Michigan State +10 over Notre Dame
I went against the Spartans last week as a 14-point favorite and easily won even though I did not expect them to get beat straight-up. They were looking ahead to this week’s game against Notre Dame and expect them to play much better then what they did last week against Central Michigan. No question, this is Coach Mark Dantonio’s best team yet and this is an important game for them with the start of Big Ten play opening up next week.

The key to stopping the Irish is containing QB Jimmy Clausen and I believe that the Spartans have the personal to do just that. Their linebackers are one of the best groups in the Big Ten and they also have experience in the secondary. Too much pride to let Notre Dame walk all over them and I expect a low scoring battle where the points are the only side to consider. Notre Dame 24, Michigan State 20.

4 Unit Play. Take Army -7 ½ over Ball State
Not the Ball State Cardinals of 2008, as the Coach left for San Diego State and the QB left a year early and is on the roster for the 49ers. Ball State opened the season with two home games against North Texas and New Hampshire, giving up 400 yards per game in each one. This is not what you would like to see if you are a Cardinal fan. Now they must go on the road and this will be a disaster, as they have to replace six offensive starters in addition to QB Nate Davis. This team has no confidence and playing Auburn next week will certainly not help.

Army won their first game of the season as an underdog, 27-14. Last week they had Duke beat but were done in late by two interceptions that were returned for touchdowns. Looking at the yardage, it was all Cadets in that game. This is a great spot for Army to get back into the win column, as this will be a long and miserable year for Ball State. Now you can see why the QB and Coach left, as this handwriting for this year was on the wall. Army 38, Ball State 17.

4 Unit Play. Take Under 56 in Florida State at BYU
Top Totals Play. Have to believe that if the Seminoles have any chance of winning this game, the score must be kept low and thus a perfect situation for the under comes about. The Noles offense looked terrible last week against Jacksonville State and were beaten for 58 minutes of that game. That being said, the still have speed on defense and this is something BYU and the Mountain West Conference do not see much off. BYU is still high off of their emotional victory against Oklahoma to open the season, but remember they scored just 14 points in that game. FSU has the talent to keep them in the twenties and I expect this to be a defensive battle that goes down to the wire. BYU 24, FSU 17.

Strong Opinion Plays
#8 Take Under 42 in Arizona at Iowa
#21 Take Temple +30 over Penn State
#36 Take Arkansas -1 over Georgia

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brian Lewis

Cinnci PK
BYU - 7.5
Texas - 17.5

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Computer Crushers Guaranteed Selections

HIGH NOON COLLEGE FOOTBALL CRUSHER

Army -8

COLLEGE CRUSHER BLOWOUT GAME OF THE WEEK

Florida -29.5

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Malinsky

6* Clemson -6.5
5* Florida Atlantic +21
4* Duke/Kansas Under 52
4* Tennessee +30
4* Oklahoma -15.5
4* FSU/BYU Under 54

Posted : September 18, 2009 11:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mercury Sports

B.C. +7
Utah +5
Michigan St. +10
West Virginia +7.5

Posted : September 18, 2009 11:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Buster

IRON Play

Ohio State/Toledo Under 60

This game is caught right in the perfect spot for an under. Ohio State coaching will be on a USC hangover. The buckeyes will obviously score points against a weak Toledo defense. But Ohio State has failed to establish the run all year. After they take the lead, expect Tressel ball and getting back on track with the rush game. Ohio State defense still has alot to prove this year after giving up a late drive to USC to lose the game. I expect them to come up big this week and possibly shut out the "Opelt' offense. Their defense is aware they can not be caught sleeping like rival Michigan did last year losing to the Rockets.

Posted : September 18, 2009 11:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

THE BOSS

500% "UNTOUCHABLE PLAY" Texas A&M

300% BOOKIE BUSTER BLOWOUT PARLAY
Air Force, Bowling Green, Texas A&M

200% Dog Pound Navy

100% Silent Assassins
Kentucky, Michigan, Kansas

Posted : September 18, 2009 11:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steven Budin

25 DIME RELEASE 2-Team Teaser - Clemson & BYU

Using the standard six points you receive in a 2-team teaser, reduce the price you are laying with both favorites, Clemson and BYU.

Clemson, as I write this, is about a -7 chalk so make the Tigers -1 if that is the line you are starting with as well.

BYU is laying around -8 to -8 1/2 to Florida State. Make the Cougars a -2 to -2 1/2 point favorite in the teaser.

Posted : September 18, 2009 11:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

5* Oklahoma
4* Kansas
4* Army
3* Clemson
3* Syracuse

Posted : September 19, 2009 12:01 am
Page 2 / 10