Score

500 Clemson

Posted : September 19, 2009 11:06 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VEGAS SPORTS INFORMER

2 Unit Play. Take Under 7½ (+100) Chicago Cubs at St. Louis

If you are looking for offense then maybe switch over to a football game because Carpenter should limit the Cubs bats today. The last 4 starts for Carpenter against the Cubs all 4 games have gone under the total.

3 Unit Play. Take Under 9 (-115) LA Angels at Texas

Last nights game ended 2-0 so again we should see a low scoring game between these two teams. The last 5 meetings between these two teams 4 of them have gone under the total.

Posted : September 19, 2009 11:07 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fairway Jay

Clemson

Posted : September 19, 2009 11:07 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ROBERT FERRINGO

5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Detroit at Minnesota
Note: This is my Total of the Month. I do recommend at 8.0 since it merely brings the 'push' into play.

Get ready for some playoff baseball. This entire series is essentially a playoff, because it will go a long way to determining which of these teams will win the A.L. Central. And playoff baseball is completely different from any other type of baseball. It's lower scoring, closer to the vest, and there is more focus by everyone involved. We saw a little bit of that last night with a 3-0 win by the Twins. Minnesota is really on a roll right now. They are playing inspired baseball after losing one of their best hitters, Justin Morneau, for the year. Everyone is picking up the slack and they are winning games. But they are doing so with kind of a patchwork lineup and doing so more by grinding out runs and games than coming out and putting up big numbers. Minnesota is always more of an 'under' team. They rely on good pitching and great defense and those fundamentally sound teams generally play tighter, lower scoring games. Detroit has built this year's team in the same mold. They no longer have that monster lineup and they are a team that is also relying on fundamentals like pitching and defense. The result: both of these teams have gone 'under' the total in roughly 57 percent of their games (that's serious profit combined over nearly 300 games). But that's the big picture. As for specifics, Detroit has its ace, Justin Verlander, on the hill. Verlander can be dominant and after a very poor outing in Toronto in his last start I think this is a perfect bounceback spot. Verlander has a sub-3.00 ERA in day games in his career and also sports a solid 3.81 ERA against the Twins. On the other side is Carl Pavano. He is the wild card. He has been throwing really well lately, posting five straight quality starts and failing to sail the total in his last four outings. Pavano has been unreal against Detroit this year. He is 4-0 with a 1.48 ERA against the Tigers this season and so far he has just had their number. In his last two outings against them he has gone for 15 innings allowing one run. Hopefully that type of domination can continue. We should be aided by an ump with a wide strike zone today as well. Tony Randazzo ranks No. 82 out of 88 umpires in terms of walks allowed per game (5.7) and while he isn't the type of an that we can lean on to pull us through this one he is a guy that isn't going to kill us. All-in-all, I'm looking for a strong start out of Verlander. And if Pavano can continue to perform against a lineup that he has had the number of then this one should be close and low-scoring late, and if we can limit the bullpen exposure (no middle relief!) then this one should be around 3-1, 2-0, 2-1 or 4-2. Either way, this total is about a full run high and I like the spot.

PS - Just because I don't do all of the writeups, this much care and analysis does go into every single one of my plays! Good luck.

PSS - The only reason that this isn't a 7-Unit Play as a GOTM is one thing: Joe Nathan. The Twins closer has pitched in five of the last six games. I know the Twins wouldn't hesitate to bring him in in the ninth - this is a critical game - but something like that worries me. And since my big plays have seen some horrific, gut-wrenching losses over the years I'm not going to overextend.

1-Unit Play. Take Colorado (-105) over Arizona

1-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-1.5, -120) over Seattle

0.5-Unit Play. Take L.A. Angels (+100) over Texas

Today’s Totals

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 Cleveland at Oakland

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 Philadelphia at Atlanta

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 San Diego at Pittsburgh

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 L.A. Angels at Texas

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.5 Houston at Milwaukee

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 San Francisco at L.A. Dodgers

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.0 N.Y. Yankees at Seattle

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Toronto at Tampa Bay

I also like the 'under' in the Royals-White Sox game. I think it's a solid spot.

Here is a bonus for our Internet bettors:

3-Unit Play. Take MLB Grand Salami (Total Runs) ‘Under’ 132.5
This is a prop bet that is offered at just about all online books that offer MLB odds. This bet is a wager on the total runs of all MLB teams, combined, today. I love this spot and I think that we have great value here on the 'under'.

Posted : September 19, 2009 11:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Big Al

Roadkill - Baylor

Posted : September 19, 2009 11:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Kruger

Plat - Clemson