87 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Kentucky +6.5

CJ Spiller is the most exciting guy to watch in College Football, but this Clemson team is average at best on the road and will be playing against a Kentucky team that can run the ball very well. The bottom line in this game is Kentucky has an SEC Defense and deserves more credit then this. This should be a great game. Look for Kentucky to be the team that shines running the ball today. Take the Wildcats.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

NY Jets +5.5

Former division rivals meet Sunday when the Jets take on the undefeated Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Yes, we’re aware of the fact the Colts ride a 5-0 SU and ATS win streak their last five games into this contest. However, that sets the table for this play as home favorites of less than 13 points in this situation are just 3-16 ATS if they own a win percentage of .888 or higher on the season, including 0-14 ATS when facing a sub.750 opponent that did not lose to the spread by 20 or more points in its last game. In addition, the Colts have failed five times in a row as favorites in Last Home Games while the Jets bring the best defense in the loop into this contest. Meanwhile, New York is another 7-7 underdog in Game Fifteen of the season. The teams are 15-3-2 ATS off a non-division win or loss of seven or less points. With Peyton Manning 0-5 ATS in his NFL career as a favorite of three or more points in Last Home Games, look for the Jets to pull the surprise here today. We recommend a 4-unit play in the NY Jets.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

Green Bay -14

Despite a very tough loss last week to Pittsburgh, Green Bay is simply heading in a vastly different direction than Seattle. The Seahawks had an embarrassing loss last week to Tampa Bay, in a game that the lowly Buccaneers simply dominated them from start to finish. That loss is even considering that the Seahawks have played fairly well at home. Lately when Seattle loses a game, they lose big and by double digits. Every loss except the game to Chicago has been by double digits and a majority of those losses have been by more than two touchdowns. Seattle has played awful on the road while Green Bay has been dominant at home. The Packers are playing their best football of the season right now, they need this game, and most of their banged up players are going to play. It was obvious that Seattle has given up on the season after last week’s horrible performance. This game is also being played at 1pm EST, which is 10am PST for the Seahawks players. Look for Green Bay to get a blowout win.

3 UNIT SELECTION PACKERS

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

San Francisco -13

SAn Fran will not coast out the season with Singletary as coach. When your QB has 20 picks to 13 TDs, you cannot play from behind and although San Fran lost to a great Philly team last week, The Lions have lost 19 straight road games, their last 5 by double digits, and Frank Gotre will run wild. Play 1 Unit on San Fran

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Dallas -6.5

We were on the Cowboys in their win over the Saints, and for a number of different reasons I believe they'll do just enough to come away with the ATS victory in this one:

If they Cowboys don't finish strong, they'll most likely be out of the playoff picture.

"I think he is playing at a real high level," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said of Ton Romo. "He's played really well. We lost the game against the Giants. We don't lose many games when he plays well. He's playing outstanding. He's playing really good that's for sure."

Before 2009, Romo had a 14-20 touchdown to interception ratio in December to go along with a 5-8 record since becoming the Cowboys' full-time starter in 2006.

Over the past month, including three straight December games, Romo has eight touchdowns and no interceptions. He has had four straight games with a passer rating over 100.0. And he is in the midst of a career-best streak of 156 passes without an interception.

With seven interceptions on the season, he is on pace for a career low in 2009. After four picks the first four games this season, including three against the Giants in Week 2, he has three the past ten games.

WR Miles Austin didn't even begin the season as a Cowboys starter. But he now is tied with Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and San Francisco's Vernon Davis for most touchdown receptions with 11. Austin didn't start until the fifth game of the year. He has been one of the league's biggest surprises.

Dallas is 7-3 SU its last ten overall and always plays Washington tough; 15-8 ATS its last 23.

On the other side of the field: Albert Haynesworth, the All-Pro defensive tackle who left Tennessee for a seven-year, $100 million contract with Washington during the first hours of free agency on Feb. 27, took shots at coach Jim Zorn and defensive coordinator Greg Blache after the Redskins were pummeled 45-12 by the Giants on Monday night.

The Redskins rank ninth on defense, fifth against the pass and third in sacks per attempt. However, they surrendered 15 plays of at least 30 yards the past seven games and I believe this team will continue to struggle down the stretch.

Not only are the Redskins just 1-4 SU their last five at home, they are also just 3-10 ATS their last 13 at FedEx Field.

Bottom line: The Cowboys will win handily if they: stop the run and force slumping QB Jason Campbell to beat them with his arm.

Campbell threw two picks and was sacked five times by the Giants last Monday and has been beaten up all year.

Expect the Cowboys' offense to limit its mistakes and make plays down the field in the running and passing game. Washington won't win without tremendous help from the Cowboys; and that's not going to happen with the way this team is playing right now.

Look for DALLAS to improve to 8-4 ATS this season vs. conference opponents and 6-2 ATS its last eight as a favorite of 3 1/2 to 9 1/2 points and for Washington to fall to 2-4 ATS revenging a loss vs. an opponent!

10* DALLAS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ANTONY DINERO

Panthers at Giants
Pick: Over 42

Don't see anyway this doesn't go over the posted total, as even with the effect the pass rush of Julius Peppers and New York's resurgent front four can have on this game, there's too much to be had deep for a pair of QBs, Eli Manning and Matt Moore, that have been successful airing it out -- one obviously far more than the other. DeAngelo Williams should return from an ankle injury to give the Panthers some balance, with Jonathan Stewart keeping Williams fresh... bottom line there will be balance and fireworks...as for the weather... the Sunday forecast for the NY/NJ area is for clear skies and an unseasonably mild day... back the over.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Triple Threat Sports

2* NY Giants (-) over Carolina

Panthers played their best game of the season last week on national TV and now figure to suffer a bit of a letdown here, sort like Arizona did the next week after beating the Vikings on Sunday Night. Giants are brimming with confidence after last week's win and playing with a large does of playoff need. Last year when these two teams met the Giants had a 25-16 edge in first downs and a 459-343 yard edge, with most of the Carolina damage coming from De'Angelo Williams, who is very doubtful to play in this one. Giants have taken care of business against the lesser lights in the NFL this season, covering three in a row and 11 of 15 against teams with losing records. Lay the points in this one!

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SAMMY JANKUS

Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

Kentucky vs Clemson
3* Clemson -7

How in the world can a Clemson team playing off back-to-back losses be laying a touchdown to an SEC squad that’s been consistently underrated all season? Clemmie has lost three straight bowl games, including a 28-20 setback to this same Kentucky squad back in 2006 (Tigers were 10-point chalk!). Wildcats may not grab the SU win but I think they’ll easily cover the inflated number – so your play is on CLEMSON.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GAMEBREAKERS

Baltimore +3

Every tout in the business seems to be on the Steelers. I see the Ravens as the playof team, not the Steelers. Pittsburgh was one miracle play away from dropping their 6th straight last week and I think that helps us here. I'll take +3 with a motivated Ravens team for a 3* Play.

Pittsburgh/Baltimore Over 43

Value with this total with both teams hurting defensively with injuries and giving up big plays. The offenses have the ability to score and we could see 50+. Weather is decent. Play Over 43 for a 4* Play.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

25 Units Heat -8

5 Units Loy Mmnt -5

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Northcoast

Marquee- Dallas Under

1* Clemson Over

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GAMEBREAKERS

Baltimore +3

Every tout in the business seems to be on the Steelers. I see the Ravens as the playof team, not the Steelers. Pittsburgh was one miracle play away from dropping their 6th straight last week and I think that helps us here. I'll take +3 with a motivated Ravens team for a 3* Play.

Value with this total with both teams hurting defensively with injuries and giving up big plays. The offenses have the ability to score and we could see 50+. Weather is decent. Play Over 43 for a 4* Play.

Washington +7

I'll back the Redskins off an ugly national TV loss. Another prime time game and this is definitely their Super Bowl. The Cowboy game is always circled and I expect to see their top effort. I'll take a TD with them and home dogs can be especially dangerous in late December. Take Washington +7 for a 3* Play.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Coach K

3* Broncos +7
3* Steelers -2.5 (buy 1/2)
3* Giants -1 and Raiders +10 (7pt)
3* Broncos +14 and Seahawks +21 (7pt)
3* Steelers +4 and 49ers -7 (7pt)
2* Texans +2
2* Giants/Panthers under 43

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:54 pm
(@bitt11)

GAMEBREAKERS

Baltimore +3

Washington +7

I'll back the Redskins off an ugly national TV loss. Another prime time game and this is definitely their Super Bowl. The Cowboy game is always circled and I expect to see their top effort. I'll take a TD with them and home dogs can be especially dangerous in late December. Take Washington +7 for a 3* Play.

Any Ben Burns Blade? thxs brotha

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

*Best Bet * Detroit Under (41) 3.5 Units

Two defensive minded head coaches square off today in what should be a lower scoring game. The Lions' Schwartz will have to play conservative with QB Drew Stanton (0 TD / 3 INT 50% completions), who is making his first career start consequently, we'll look for the Lions to attempt to establish the run game with Maurice Morris; however, Singletary's solid line of defense should be on their game on this rainy grass field today. SF is 1-7 O/U in December and 2-8 O/U following a loss. We'll look for Singletary and company to play conservative as well with a heavy dose of RB Gore to eat clock and establish field position. Detroit is 3-11 O/U in week 16 and 3-7 O/U on the road vs a team with a home record under .500. This series is 0-5 O/U at SF and should stay "under" here.

Posted : December 27, 2009 12:56 pm
Page 5 / 6
Share: