Team to Have More Penalties – SAINTS

Both Teams to Kick a FG of 33 yards or Longer – NO

Longest Field Goal – UNDER 43 yards

Total Sacks – UNDER 3.5

Last Team to Take a Snap -- COLTS

Saints Last Score Will Be – PASSING TD

Scott Shanlee – OVER 4.5 Tackles

Drew Brees Rushing Attempts – UNDER 1.5

Phil Mickelson 4th Round Birdies vs. Peyton Manning TD passes --MICKELSON BIRDIES

Sidney Crosby Points – 1/2 vs. Drew Brees INT’s -- CROSBY POINTS

Alex Ovechkin Points -1/2 vs. Garrett Hartley Field Goals – OVECHKIN POINTS

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Toronto -8½

Toronto looks to win seven straight at home for the first time in nearly three years Sunday afternoon by dealing the woeful Kings an 11th consecutive road loss; for a number of different reasons I believe we're getting excellent value on the home side in this situation:

The Kings have fallen apart since around the time Toronto’s surge began. Sacramento was a surprising 13-14 as of Dec. 21 but is 3-19 since - going 0-10 on the road.

The Kings blew a 14-point halftime lead and lost 112-109 in overtime at Denver on Monday. Sacramento came back to Arco Arena and lost 115-113 to San Antonio on Wednesday before falling behind by as many as 29 on Friday in a 114-102 defeat to Phoenix.

It comes as no surprise to learn then that Sacramento is just 4-12-1 ATS its last 17 overall and just 3-6 ATS its last nine on the road.

On the other side of the court: The Raptors were 11-17 as of Dec. 16 and were on the outside of the postseason race, but they’ve gone 16-6 since then to move into fifth place in the conference.

The Raptors (27-23) have gone from allowing 108.6 points per game in their first 28 to 100.8 over their last 22, and their field-goal percentage of 49.3 since mid-December is the best in the NBA.

They’ve shot 50.7 percent in winning their last six at home by 10.0 points per game and were hot from 3-point range Wednesday. All five starters scored at least 14 points and Toronto went 10 of 19 from beyond the arc in a 108-99 win over New Jersey.

Remember, not only is Toronto 4-2 ATS its last six, it's also 9-4 ATS its last 13 at home.

Bottom line: Two teams moving in opposite directions; when taking all of the above into account, the sharp money in this one is indeed on the RAPTORS!

9* RAPTORS

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BOB BALFE

Indianapolis -5

This is the first Super Bowl in a while where one of the contenders is not above average on defense. Both teams are very similar, but when matching up the pros and cons on each side of the football, it is crystal clear to me that the Colts are the better team. Both offenses are nothing short of spectacular and will be hard to stop on sunday. In my opinion, Indianapolis has the best QB to ever play the game. It will be extremely tough for the Saints' 26th ranked defense to stop Manning and Co. The only way New Orleans can win this game is to win the turnover battle, but turnovers and Peyton Manning always fail to co-exist. Peyton Manning is not going to make the same mistakes as Favre and the Saints defense will not find much success getting after and pressuring Manning. The Colts offensive line has only allowed Manning to be sacked 10 times this year and he rarely receives alot of pressure. The Colts are at the bottom of the league at running the ball, but that does not mean that they are not effective at running the ball. Addai is a solid back and Brown has the speed to break big runs if the Saints focus all of their attention on the passing game. I expect the Colts running game to have a surprisingly efficient Super Bowl performance.

The bottom line is that the Colts Offensive Line Coach, Howard Mudd, is the best in the business. If the Saints can not apply pressure on Manning (which they will not), then there is virtually no chance to stop this offense. Another key is the Colts were 2nd best in the NFL this season on 3rd down completions. Now give Peyton Manning, the hardest working scholar in the NFL, 2 weeks to prepare for the Super Bowl! New Orleans' defense is actually well below average. The only bright side is their ability to create turnovers, but that is a sign of gambling in order to make a big play. If you review the history of the games where they created a lot of turnovers, the guilty parties on average were statistically in the bottom tier of the offensive rankings. Manning is the best at controlling the play clock and preventing defenses from getting that big jump to make a big play. I do not think the Saints defense will have the patience for Manning's game plan. Look for a lot of offside penalties and free plays on sunday. In addition, the Colts will devise a game plan in order to control the tempo and keep the Saints offense on the sidelines. Manning is the best at generating 7, 8, 9 minute touchdown drives (see 3rd-down completion success rate).

There is no denying that Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFC. In addition, the Saints have a good running game, but a lot of that has to do with the respect for the pass. All of the media focus this week is on Dwight Freeney. It would be a huge loss if he can't suit up (I think he will). If not, Brock is a very capable and worthy backup (actually more skilled than most starters on other teams). The youth of the Colts' cornerbacks scares me a bit, but this defense is very fast and receives a tremendous amount of support from their safeties. The linebackers for Indy are very smart and experienced also.

New Orleans also has a young FG kicker with little experience. Hartley kicked the game winner to get the Saints to the Super Bowl, but this is not at home and he has had two weeks to think about the big game.

The Saints have talked a lot of trash on how they are going to rock Manning. I am sure the refs are ready to have a field day! If anybody gets babied in football, it is Peyton Manning, the poster boy of the National Football League.

The late money coming in is on New Orleans, as they are the trendy and popular bet with Obama as well as all of the hollywood celebreties. They are the feel good story with Katrina as we were reminded of the recent events in Haiti. Everyone will be pulling for the Saints, but the Colts have been here before with 25 players on the current roster kissing the ring just a few years ago. They are clearly the better team in multiple areas of this match-up...Take the Colts.

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Cincinnati

The Bearcats host the Orangemen in the Queen City Sunday afternoon. Aside from playing on a home court where Cincinnati is 10-1 this season, the Bearcats will be looking to avenge a loss from their last meeting with Syracuse. Meanwhile, the 'Cuse enters off a 17-point revenge win over Providence knowing they are 0-7 ATS off a win of more than seven points over the Friars. They also have a huge showdown up net with Connecticut. Stay at home with the Bearcats here today. We recommend a 3-unit play on Cincinnati.

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

4* (*POD*) Teaser 7pts -130 New Orleans Saints +11.5 & Saints/Colts OVER 49.5

Basically playing numbers here. Not comfortable laying the points with Indy but think they find a way to win this game. However, would not be suprised if New Orleans pulls the upset. IMO, Indy have the more complete team & are arguably playing better football. On the flip side, NO shouldn't even be here after benefiting from five Minnesota turnovers, several deep in their territory. Minny didn't have any problems moving the ball on the Saints defense in the NFC Championship game. That being said, New Orleans have a strong underdog force backing them. Call it destiny, the "Katrina" factor, whatever you like, but I don't think you can ignore it. Plus, let's not forget they are a very solid football team, explosive on offense & very opportunistic on defense. And at +11.5 points, I feel very comfortable with New Orleans securing a back-door cover, if necessary. Also, strongly believe both teams' playing away from their "Home Dome" environs, will tighten up this game even more than the point-spread indicates. Concerning total... I really don't think New Orleans can stop Manning. Blitz, zone & combination of diff't coverages, it doesn't matter. Manning will pick them apart. My only concern is Manning will eat up clock will long sustained drives. Hence, the reason for teasing the Over. Also, believe Brees & Co. will put some points on the board as well. In fact, I think both teams' will be in attack mode all game, trying to gain that much needed 1-2 possession lead, critical to winning this game. I have a hard time not seeing 50+ points being scored in this game. A 27-24 type game is very realistic & highly probable IMO.

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alatex

15* Cincy +4.5

Posted : February 7, 2010 11:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Erin Rynning

Playmaker: Orlando +3