105 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Ravens -3.5 over Broncos
Baltimore has a great offense that has for the first time in team history has played better than their defense. The Broncos have covered every game this year and in the NFL that trend always finds away to even itself out. Look for the Ravens Defense to show up at home today. Take Baltimore.

Giants -1 over Eagles
The Eagles have played a soft schedule and are begging to get beat by a team that is better than them. Without Westbrook Philly does not play well. The Giants have too many weapons on both sides of the ball to lose such an important division game. Take the Giants.

Titans -3 over Jaguars
The Titans had two weeks to think about their huge 59-0 loss to the Patriots. Now Vegas has this 0-6 team favored. The Titans behind a good running game should come up with a much needed win. This game could determine a few jobs if they cant win. Take the Titans.

NBA Basketball
Lakers -6.5 over Hawks

MLB Baseball
Phillies/Yankees Under 8.5

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

4* Dallas
3* Minnesota
3* Carolina/Ariz Over 41.5

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Must Win Sports

5 DIME ST LOUIS

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Boston Blackie

5* Giants Under44

SF Under 45

Tenn Under45

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

GOY Eagles +1

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills

4 UNIT NFL POD - Seahawks +10

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

10 Units - Philadelphia +1

8 Units - Seattle +10

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andre Gomes

HOU -3 vs BUF

Last week after the games, I automatically had this play in mind: fade the Buffalo Bills! Buffalo is 2-0 in their last two games, but they have little merits in such accomplishment. In fact, we only need to analyze their last 3 games to reach a conclusion that they are way worse than the public perception of their level.

They have lost 3-6 at home against the Browns and that's isn't good because we all know who bad the Browns are this season, but still the Bills couldn't beat them at home! Then a week later, the Bills went to New York and defeated the Jets in overtime. We might think that the Bills did a solid job, but in fact Mark Sanchez threw 5 Interceptions and despite being outgained 296 vs 414 in total yardage, the Bills were able to pull the upset due to the monumental awful performance from the the rookie quarterback. Finally last week, the Bills went on the road to beat the Panthers by 20-9, but once again they took advantage of a awful performance from the opposing quarterback. In this case, Jake Delhomme threw 3 Interceptions and despite a 167-425 yardage disadvantage, the Bills won once again.

I don't expect such luck to happen on a weakly basis! QB Trent Edwards is out for this contest and Ryan Fitzpatrick will start once again. The Bills are clueless on the offense and they need their defense to create big plays. The problem is that their run defense is simply the worst unit in the league by allowing 172.6 yards per game and they won't count for today with safety Donte Whitner, while Bryan Scott is questionable.

Meanwhile, the Texans are peaking right now. They are 3-1 in their last 4 games and their lonely loss was in Arizona against the Cardinals in a game where the Texans had the ball in the Cards red zone in the final possession of the game, but couldn't capitalize. QB Matt Schaub is having a great season so far. In their last 3 games, he has had a nice ratio of 8 TD's and 2 INT and I'm pretty confident that he will make a better job than Sanchez and Delhomme. The Texans are in a different class when compared with the Bills and in my opinion, we have only 3 points in here because of the late results of the Bills and that created a huge value on the Texans today. Take Houston in here.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) Houston Texans -3

Posted : November 1, 2009 9:55 am
(@ruddog)

roots

pf play

carolina

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

30 DIME - GREEN BAY PACKERS - (if 3 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and lay 3. if 3 you buy the 1/2 and lay 2 1/2) - They should have beaten them on that Monday night.

That's right. First possession of the game Aaron Rodgers fumbles at the Minnesota 25. He throws a terrible pick at the Vikings 20 in the 2nd quarter as well. So as you can see, 6 points or maybe even 10 points off the board right there.

This is as perfect a situation for Green Bay to get a win here as you could ask for.

They catch the Vikings playing their 5th road game of the year and 8th straight game overall. They also catch the Vikings off 2 very emotional games at home to the Ravens and last week at Pittsburgh.

My question is how much can they have left in the tank for this huge game at Lambeau?

Teams who have faced Pittsburgh the week before have gone 1-5 ATS their next game out. Don't try to tell me the Steelers don't take a little bit out of a team because I know they do.

Green Bay is fresh. They came out of their bye and have just manhandled both the Lions and the Browns, and they couldn't be more ready than they are today for this game right here.

They have changed their base defense a bit from the Monday night affair, and the homefield will be just what the doctored ordered for this big win here.

Hats-off to the Vikings. They have gotten off to a great start but they just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. End of story.

I am all over the Packers to win this game by 10 points or more going away today.

30 dime Green Bay Packers

15 DIME, 3-TEAM - 10-POINT TEASER - Just like last week I have 3 favorites that I am taking away 10 points from to protect myself from any backdoor madness. Last week it was Indy 45-9, Patriots 35-7 and the Steelers 27-17.

Today it's the Colts again, Dallas and the Arizona Cardinals.

Indy has won their last 4 games by 21, 17, 22 and 36. I don't care who they are playing, or where they are playing, does not matter. They are killing people and their is no doubt in my mind they are the best team in the NFL.

If Matt Ryan can shred this Niners defense, what do you think Peyton Manning is going to do? Exactly. I am taking Indy from -13 to -3 as I type this, and calling for them to handle their business today.

Dallas is going to destroy this Seattle team today. The Seahawks are 1-10 ATS last 11 coming out of their bye week and you add the fact they are rolling with a 3rd string offensive guard, and a 4th string offensive tackle, it will not bode well facing this Dallas defensive line. Can you say sack party in Big D? I can!

This Cowboy team has their swagger back and I will gladly take them from -9 1/2 to a pickem game as I type this, and call for them to take care of their business as well.

Last but not least, Arizona. Panthers will not be able to run the ball versus the Cardinals. That means big Jake will be airing it out against a Cardinals team that forced him into 6 turnovers in their playoff win. Demons come back to haunt Jake today.

Arizona is in the go zone right now after that win over the Giants on the road, and I have full confidence they will do enough to win this game today. Let's take them from -10 to a pick'em game as I type this, and call for them to take care of their business.

Indianapolis, Dallas, and Arizona ALL teased down!

10 DIME MONEY LINE DOG LOCK - ST. LOUIS RAMS - Who are the Detroit Lions to be favored over anybody in the NFL!?!?

Seriously, bye week or no bye week, they are not winning today.

This Rams team comes off getting beat by the best team in the NFL. I don't care if it was by 20 points, or 50 points, no shame in losing to Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Now they are back on the road where they have been very competitive at Washington and at Jacksonville, a game they really should have beaten the Jags.

The bottom line is the Rams are the better team here and in my mind they should be laying -3 not getting +4. That is why I like them on the money line. I feel the wrong team is favored.

I really like Steve Spagunola. Loved him with the Giants, and I do feel he will do great things with this franchise when all is said and done. He does have some talent to work with starting with Stephen Jackson.

Mathew Stafford is banged up along with Calvin Johnson, and even if both play they won't be 100%.

This is the perfect situation and the planet's are aligned for the Rams to get their first win of the year and I truly feel they will do just that.

I am grabbing the Rams on the money line to upset the Lions today.

FREE SELECTION - JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

National Sports Service Picks

5* Indianapolis -12.5

4* Denver +3.5

3* Minnesota +3

3* San Diego -16

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

2009 Football Upset Club

6* Seahawks (+9½) over Cowboys

7* Bills (+3½) over Texans

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie

500* Carolina +10, Denver @ Baltimore Over 42 & Miami @ Jets under 40' (500* 3 TEAM TRIPLE PLAY)
30* Detroit -4
20* Oakland +16'
20* Tennessee -3
10* Cleveland +13
Minnesota +3 Free Play

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dark Horse Sports

Tennessee -3

Posted : November 1, 2009 10:55 am